Please tell me about Biblical Accountability

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
I am struggling..

I have ADHD, and my struggle is that I find half way through things I give up easily, I have no will power, and its not so easy, in fact, its impossible for me to do things I want to. Sometimes I can sit and wait for inspiration, and it comes, but I cannot keep waiting for that all the time or nothing important gets done.
Now I am not a neurotypical, so please dont tell me I must just push through it to do it. My brain works differently. Rewards are of no importance otherwise I would have been finished by now. No, I thrive off pressure, and urgency and deadlines are my friend.
But I cannot self motivate. I am always dependent upon the environment around me and its immediate consequences for how long and how hard I work. And if there are no consequences I cannot work, or get what I want done. So when I need to do something, I wait until the last minute and fly round like the roadrunner. But I dont want to be like that any more. its exhausting.

So, with that in mind, I think I need a spiritual partner to hold me accountable.

And I love that The Christian Bible, has a lot to say about being accountable that I resonate with.

But how do I go about choosing someone?
has anyone done this? How did it go? did you succeed in attaining your goals?

thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Bless you dear, you've taken the first step,being aware of this flaw in yourself.

I am having to teach myself to s....l....o....w....down, in speech and actions. I procrastinate at times also just not as often.

I am where I am mentally right now due to this and burying things instead of facing it in the moment! It's like I've rrrrrruuuunnnnnnnn all my life....should look like Olive Oyle...lol.

I will pray God either send the right person and confirm it or else do a work in you.

hmm well I don't have ADHD but I do know a thing about motivation and time management and being self-motivated because I don't always have a big stick chasing me to do things, and mentors can be hard to find at times. Also then you start working to THEIR schedule and it will be different from yours.

So, some things I do is
keep a diary, and plan ahead. So If I need to do something I write it down in a calendar and that helps. You can make a chart for yourself for whatever task needs to be done and hang it on the wall. you then can cross off days or colour in days to whatever goal you are working toward. Make sure you do set a smart goal and make it timebound...eg x needs to be done by y. Then list all the things you need to do that get you toward that goal and tick or cross them off when you've done them.

I do this for things like appointments, but not only that, there are ones for gardening. For example, planting by the moon. I know that certain periods are best to plant certain plants or it will be too late.

If you ARE working in an environment where there is a roster, or a timetable, you need to keep this in mind. YOU might actually be the one who makes up this roster. So you can schedule times that are optimum for you. If you hang it on the wall where you can see it, it's visible and reminds you to stick to this schedule. Maybe you've never gone to a school or organisation that worked on this basis but that is how things work otherwise nobody knows when their classes are or assignments are due! So carry that over into your own life when you need things to get done.

In terms of Biblical accountability do you mean

Say if you want to read the whole bible, ok you are not going to read the entire 66 books in one go. Choose one book, and read a chapter a day or, like Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can read that in a month.

Devotionals work on this basis that you are going to read a page a day. They already have the date on them so you can just go to the date and not worry too much if you skip a day you know where you are up to.

Some ministries have a chart where you can tick off readings. No reward, but a punch card where you need to read it within a month. (Or it will self destruct) Just kidding. It doesn't do that. It just means you record your progress. That in itself is a reward, rather than boasting you read it all in one day in a big rush just to get it finished. God gives us DAILY bread he doesn't expect us to gorge ourselves on one day and then last the whole week with nothing. Do a little bit each day. This will train you to walk step by step instead of jumping off a cliff and expecting to fly.

I am struggling..

I have ADHD, and my struggle is that I find half way through things I give up easily, I have no will power, and its not so easy, in fact, its impossible for me to do things I want to. Sometimes I can sit and wait for inspiration, and it comes, but I cannot keep waiting for that all the time or nothing important gets done.
Now I am not a neurotypical, so please dont tell me I must just push through it to do it. My brain works differently. Rewards are of no importance otherwise I would have been finished by now. No, I thrive off pressure, and urgency and deadlines are my friend.
But I cannot self motivate. I am always dependent upon the environment around me and its immediate consequences for how long and how hard I work. And if there are no consequences I cannot work, or get what I want done. So when I need to do something, I wait until the last minute and fly round like the roadrunner. But I dont want to be like that any more. its exhausting.

So, with that in mind, I think I need a spiritual partner to hold me accountable.

And I love that The Christian Bible, has a lot to say about being accountable that I resonate with.

thanks for listening.
can i suggest finding a close rother/sister in person.. cant say that i have ever done what your asking. .most the time i go at it alone. me and the Lord. but really you need someone in the Christian faith you can trust.

can i suggest finding a close rother/sister in person.. cant say that i have ever done what your asking. .most the time i go at it alone. me and the Lord. but really you need someone in the Christian faith you can trust.
Thanks. yes, Trust is important. I also found this.

Apparently someone with the gift of exhortationis ideal.

i've just joined a church near me so I will ask around😊

Thanks. yes, Trust is important. I also found this.

Apparently someone with the gift of exhortationis ideal.

i've just joined a church near me so I will ask around😊
God will let you know. you will find someone that clicks ..what you dont need is some one to blab what your going through

I am struggling..

thanks for listening.
ADHD is all about "Focus" or the lack there of.

Several years ago, my grand son was paying in the outfield of his little league baseball team. I looked out at him and in the middle of the game he was trying to catch a butterfly in center field while the game was going on all around him. His mom and I knew there was a problem.

She (Mom) got the right Dr. and got the right clinical responce and just this last year, that same young man was the starting quarterback for his high school team in the 10th grade and has a 3.6 grade avg. .!!!

ADHD is all about "Focus" or the lack there of.

Several years ago, my grand son was paying in the outfield of his little league baseball team. I looked out at him and in the middle of the game he was trying to catch a butterfly in center field while the game was going on all around him. His mom and I knew there was a problem.

She (Mom) got the right Dr. and got the right clinical responce and just this last year, that same young man was the starting quarterback for his high school team in the 10th grade and has a 3.6 grade avg. .!!!
Just shows he wasn't that interested in baseball. 🐗 (boar-ed)

My Nieces son has ADHD and there was a profound difference in his school performance after he started on medication. I do think that the condition was over diagnosed at one time and lessened peoples belief that such a condition even existed. He has benefitted greatly for his right diagnosis, he could not focus on much of anything for more than just a few minutes and was seemingly always into some kind of trouble. Now he is doing very well socially and academically. ADHD is not just boredom, it is a real condition. Just adding my 3.782 cents worth (adjusted for inflation)

was you not interested in those classes at school?

I wasn't to bad I was in the top classes. But I just didn't think the teachers were any good at keeping me interested and I was bored.
I did my best, was very conscientious and diligent but graduated with a 3.25 avg.
Whereas my best friend (Jewish) seldom did homework, was practically boar-ed through school, not only graduated top of his class, but tops in the history of the school. Go figure.Maybe he had ‘Reversed ADHD’?

I did my best, was very conscientious and diligent but graduated with a 3.25 avg.
Whereas my best friend (Jewish) seldom did homework, was practically boar-ed through school, not only graduated top of his class, but tops in the history of the school. Go figure.Maybe he had ‘Reversed ADHD’?
I had a friend like that( he just seemed to get it), meanwhile ,I would have to study for hours to finally catch on.

My Nieces son has ADHD and there was a profound difference in his school performance after he started on medication. I do think that the condition was over diagnosed at one time and lessened peoples belief that such a condition even existed. He has benefitted greatly for his right diagnosis, he could not focus on much of anything for more than just a few minutes and was seemingly always into some kind of trouble. Now he is doing very well socially and academically. ADHD is not just boredom, it is a real condition. Just adding my 3.782 cents worth (adjusted for inflation)

You are correct! The very same thing happened to my grandson.

I am struggling..I have ADHD, and my struggle is that I find half way through things I give up easily, I have no will power, and its not so easy, in fact, its impossible for me to do things I want to. Sometimes I can sit and wait for inspiration, and it comes, but I cannot keep waiting for that all the time or nothing important gets done. No, I thrive off pressure, and urgency and deadlines are my friend. But I dont want to be like that any more. its exhausting. So, with that in mind, I think I need a spiritual partner to hold me accountable.
And I love that The Christian Bible, has a lot to say about being accountable that I resonate with. But how do I go about choosing someone?
thanks for listening.

Hello Via;

I believe you have heard me share this at Christian Forum Site. Your Christian Bible is a powerful tool that promises to guide you. Your Bible is God speaking to you. Your prayer time is a power tool that promises to guide you. Your prayer time is where you speak to God just between you and Him.

Persons with various physical health and mental/emotions that have plagued them for most of their life may not have been completely cured, but have learned to
"managed" their condition, having productive lives in their walk with Christ.

I have confessed that for years I battle with negative low self esteemed thoughts when I wake up in the morning. So the first thing I do is get prayed up with the Lord. This empowers me and God is faithful, He has plans for my day and won't allow my weakness to overcome me, but reveal His strength to suffice me. It doesn't mean I dismiss my condition because I'm still searching why I cannot understand this about myself.

A spiritual partner that holds you accountable is wonderful. It can be fellowship of a common relationship we have together in Christ, greeting, gathering, sharing, praying and growing our bond. God is faithful and will bless you with a Christian partner.

In my Christian partnerships with other men, it's anointed by God. If this is by prayer, then wouldn't God bring the best of Christian partnerships? With my buddies, God allows me to interact with them in our relationship, serve together in ministry, take our wives out to dinner, attend a ballgame, and those moments when we will even disagree, argue, reconcile getting past the worst and best of times. Christian partners is a calling with an aim to work harmoniously with a shared purpose. Are we achieving what we do to glorify God, a co-production for the Kingdom?

Acts 2:42, 42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

1 Corinthians 1:9-10, 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 10 I appeal to you, brothers,by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

Via, you already have a wonderful fellowship with your brothers and sisters here at Christian Forum Site. I remember you 5 years ago and God has definitely been working through you (and others) despite our personal setbacks, but for all of us who seek to grow in Christ.

God bless you, Via, and your family.

I wondered how does ADHD responds to meds and how does that works to make you focus.
Does it just slow responses down.

I remember meds were used to sedate me as I was too hyper and had brilliant ideas all the time lol. But the problem with too many ideas is of course not enough focus to implement them. However the other thing is if you have the wrong dosage it sedates you TOO much and then you can't do anything but eat and sleep. But the sleep is not a restful sleep on drugs. However I think at some point your body needs to STOP and get some rest or you will burn out.

I guess it depends on what you need to focus on. If its boring maths problems well I can't really help you with that. When things don't add up you do need to go line by line and work it out, and complete the sum, don't leave it halfway. But show your working write it down, so that if for some reason you are distracted in the middle of something you can always go back to it and complete it.

With books, obviously, use a bookmark to mark your place. There is no rule that says you have to read a book all in one go.

If its boring maths problems well I can't really help you with that. When things don't add up you do need to go line by line and work it out, and complete the sum, don't leave it halfway.
If it wasn't for math in HS, my grade point would be about a 2.0 (C), rather than a 3.25 (B+).
My tip in doing a math problem is don't scrunch but give yourself plenty of paper space in working out the problem.

I have heard it say, that Jewish mothers participate in solving complicated math problems while pregnant. This helps with instilling a baby with easier problem solving as they grow. Ingenious if you ask me. Whether it works is another story.

Back