Pondering Questions,Looking For Feedback!

I have heard the saying in my lifetime.... There are no dumb questions but some give dumb answers!

If one doesn't know,then it's always best to ask.
Jesus even instructed us to" ASK,and to SEEK".

In the word, we are to search the scriptures,rightly dividing them,and examine the context of what is being said.We show our genuine workmanship of the Lord by having FACTS as opposed to OPINIONS.

Giving ANSWERS should be done with great care,bc some will take what they receive and make doctrine of it.

The word should NEVER be taken lightly,used as a weapon or justification. We must not be flippant or look at others as though they must be STUPID,not to know the answer.

RNFetchBlobTmp_u45rlsnao7okaigc96e96.jpg
This saying is awesome bc we are to be as children in the Lord. If answers are so theological and require a high IQ.we should keep quiet. Never talk over someone's head. Jesus keep it simple and related his parables to the ways of life,even though they were NOT meant to be understood by the Jewish ppl.

We are to use the word to instruct,edify,encourage,correct,reproof and build each other up.

If approved,I pray we can be sincere,kind,not foolish,and above all receive from this thread. Remember there are NO dumb questions!

My first question I believe happened before our creation.
There is only one God, who is the creator of all in heaven and earth ( Genesis account).
Since God created the Angels in heaven,we don't know how he created them. We have an account of man being created from the dust of the earth,and God breathed into him the breath of life and man became a living soul.

Is.14: 12-21
13.For you have said in your HEART: "I will ascend into heaven, I will EXHALT MY THRONE ABOVE the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the fartherest sides of the north;
14.I will ASCEND above the heights of the clouds,
I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH".

This is an account of Lucifer,( the serpent,the devil,the dragon,Satan, also, Is.34:4, Luke 10:18.
And he said to them," I saw SATAN FALL LIKE LIGHTENING FROM HEAVEN.Rev 12 :7-9 gives account of the war that was waged in heaven by Lucifer,( a most beautiful angel .... Ez.28:12 - 19 was sealed of perfection, full of wisdom and beauty, states he was in Eden,he was covered in precious stones ,his pipes [ singing voice ] was above all and where he was cast to the earth.
Ez.28:16 note he was told he SINNED,and was filled with VIOLENCE,his heart was LIFTED UP ( pride.)

The question is before man,we see that an Angel had free will to rebell against God. He SINNED with pride and arrogance,he became violent.

I have ALWAYS thought that since God created ALL that as it says in Is. 45:5- 13.....v7. I form the light,and create darkness: I make peace,and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
That he created EVIL. I was told I'm wrong but no one can say where is the origin of EVIL?
That is my question

Sorry for the length, please let us all share any questions and search the word for God's answer!

Hello D3v;

As I was reading Pondering Questions, Looking For Feedback, "prayer and discipline" came to mind.

Are we consistent in praying before reading the Bible, listening, writing and posting as we present our questions and provide answers?
I start by asking myself first.

I like how you present Scriptures that point to God being our only True God with reverential fear in all He proclaims and says. Afterall, He is God!

Proverbs 1:7, The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. - ESV

Being zealous for Christ in all these teachings is wonderful. It also means there will be errors from the efforts of our heart. I'll always remember preaching on Isaiah one year and a young member who was sitting in the back pews approached me after service and pointed out I quoted the "book of Isaac."

I stood corrected but what if a young believer in the congregation heard this and instead of questioning me like the other young member, ended up becoming confused over this?

It's important for all of us to refrain from doubting the Spirit but test everything and hold fast what is good, one of them being the Scriptures and teaching. - 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21

I get you. When we lack the discipline of being a disciple and replace it with reactive opinions and sinful emotions, then we're missing the opportunity to grow in a vital part of our Walk for Christ.

Question is, do I still love each one despite their and my shortcoming?

God bless you, D3v, and thank you for sharing.

There is only one God, who is the creator of all in heaven and earth ( Genesis account).
Since God created the Angels in heaven,we don't know how he created them. We have an account of man being created from the dust of the earth,and God breathed into him the breath of life and man became a living soul.

13.For you have said in your HEART: "I will ascend into heaven, I will EXHALT MY THRONE ABOVE the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the fartherest sides of the north;

This is an account of Lucifer,( the serpent,the devil,the dragon,Satan, also, Is.34:4, Luke 10:18.
And he said to them," I saw SATAN FALL LIKE LIGHTENING FROM HEAVEN.Rev 12 :7-9 gives account of the war that was waged in heaven by Lucifer,( a most beautiful angel .... Ez.28:12 - 19 was sealed of perfection, full of wisdom and beauty, states he was in Eden,he was covered in precious stones ,his pipes [ singing voice ] was above all and where he was cast to the earth.
Ez.28:16 note he was told he SINNED,and was filled with VIOLENCE,his heart was LIFTED UP ( pride.)

The question is before man,we see that an Angel had free will to rebell against God. He SINNED with pride and arrogance,he became violent.

I have ALWAYS thought that since God created ALL that as it says in Is. 45:5- 13.....v7. I form the light,and create darkness: I make peace,and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
That he created EVIL. I was told I'm wrong but no one can say where is the origin of EVIL?
That is my question

Sorry for the length, please let us all share any questions and search the word for God's answer!
Hi D -

I think to answer this question properly, we first need to answer the following question: God is perfect and complete, so why did God create anything at all?

We can only speculate, of course, but is it possible God wanted to create creatures who had the free will to be able choose to love Him because He wanted to have fellowship that was freely given, and not forced upon them? If so, it is necessary for us to be able to reject God, Who is good, for someone or something else. So, though God did not create evil, He did make it possible for the angels and for us to, in essence, create evil by rejecting God, who is good. Which, of course, we did.

(The difference between us and the angels is that there is no redemption plan for fallen angels,)

My 2c.

Blessings.

Some good thoughts there and I'm believe the answers won't be know on this side but we will have eternity to marvel.
To add a thought, the thing we take with us from this journey is character. Lucifer a great created being lacked character so he fell, in contrast to our savior who could have called 10 thousand angels. So Lucifer being as great as he was (without character) what potential lays in store for His children who have character. Scripture says our troubles and trials are worth more than silver or gold. I expect we will understand that better by and by.
Enjoyed your read.

Thank you both, bobinfaith and @paidforin ,
your replies ate encouraging as I hoped.

I thank you for your compliment Bob,I love the word it is truly the bread of life! Puts meat on the bones of the soul. I taught SS for many years and I learned much during that time and my aim was always to stir my brethren and have them question.

I do so lack PATIENCE still, if I feel someone is not sincere and is flippant. I do love ppl,they are the most intriquing of God's creation.

Thank you for your reply P. Thank God we do have the ability to choose and accept the gift of salvation and that God planned a way of escape for us.

I hear ppl say of those passed " they went to heaven". It is usually said to children about good moral ppl. Jesus said there is none good enough to make their own salvation.
Few,if any ever say of bad ppl like Ted Bundy ,he went to heaven.

Do we just not like to think of the consequences for all who reject Jesus?

I'm hoping others will have question too and not be shy about asking. I have received good thoughtful feedback.
2. In the account of the creation of man before the account of Adam and Eve Gen 1:26-28. V27 is what I want to examine. It says that he created them male and female and told them to be fruitful and MULTIPLY and REPLENISH the earth.
My question is this....and Please don't yell at me....lol
Was there 2 creations one outside the Garden of Eden,where ppl were having families and multiplying on earth. (I have a really hard time accepting that Cain took his sister or niece to wife.) and one inside the Garden where Adam and Eve were set apart to just worship and fellowship with the Lord,since it says he came down in the cool of the day to talk with them?
We don't have a complete telling except in the Garden scene. God used the lineage of Adam through Seth as the bloodline of Jesus,and it was through Seth's grandson that men began to call on the name of the Lord.

? Not sure about Cain but if God can make Eve out of Adam's rib then..nothing to stop Him making a wife for Cain out of his rib.
But then it does say the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair and took wives of all they chose.

Eve was a daughter of man wasn't she? She came out of Adam. So she was..his daughter as well as his wife. Blows your mind a little bit.

I have heard the saying in my lifetime.... There are no dumb questions but some give dumb answers!

If one doesn't know,then it's always best to ask.
Jesus even instructed us to" ASK,and to SEEK".

In the word, we are to search the scriptures,rightly dividing them,and examine the context of what is being said.We show our genuine workmanship of the Lord by having FACTS as opposed to OPINIONS.

Giving ANSWERS should be done with great care,bc some will take what they receive and make doctrine of it.

The word should NEVER be taken lightly,used as a weapon or justification. We must not be flippant or look at others as though they must be STUPID,not to know the answer.

View attachment 6817
This saying is awesome bc we are to be as children in the Lord. If answers are so theological and require a high IQ.we should keep quiet. Never talk over someone's head. Jesus keep it simple and related his parables to the ways of life,even though they were NOT meant to be understood by the Jewish ppl.

We are to use the word to instruct,edify,encourage,correct,reproof and build each other up.

If approved,I pray we can be sincere,kind,not foolish,and above all receive from this thread. Remember there are NO dumb questions!

All true!

That is my question

The length is no problem because the abswr will be long as well!!!

Before responding, we need to ID what "Evil" is.

So then, "Evil" is that which is contrary to the character and will of God.

OK......A rock is not evil but using a rock to murder someone is evil. Evil is committed by people and fallen angels. Evil is first mentioned in Genesis 2:9........
“Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.”

In this verse, evil is contrasted with good. The Hebrew word for evil occurs 664 times in the Old Testament and is translated as evil, wickedness, disaster, harm, bad, fierce, downcast, ugly.

So then......Where did evil come from?-------- Satan!!!!

According to Scripture the source of evil is Lucifer, Satan, the devil. He is the adversary of God, the one who fell into sin and became evil by nature. One of the most common sections of Scripture used to support the idea that Satan is the origin of evil is found in the book of Isaiah.

Isaiah 14:12–15........
“How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning [Lucifer], son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations! 13 “But you said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly in the recesses of the north. 14 ‘I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ 15 “Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol, to the recesses of the pit.”

I'm hoping others will have question too and not be shy about asking. I have received good thoughtful feedback.
2. In the account of the creation of man before the account of Adam and Eve Gen 1:26-28. V27 is what I want to examine. It says that he created them male and female and told them to be fruitful and MULTIPLY and REPLENISH the earth.
My question is this....and Please don't yell at me....lol
Was there 2 creations one outside the Garden of Eden,where ppl were having families and multiplying on earth. (I have a really hard time accepting that Cain took his sister or niece to wife.) and one inside the Garden where Adam and Eve were set apart to just worship and fellowship with the Lord,since it says he came down in the cool of the day to talk with them?
We don't have a complete telling except in the Garden scene. God used the lineage of Adam through Seth as the bloodline of Jesus,and it was through Seth's grandson that men began to call on the name of the Lord.

Excellent question! And does it ever open the door to opinions!

NO to the idea of two creations.

Yes......Cain married either his sister or niece! Because the information is not in the Bible does not mean that that is not the case.
It is the ONLY logical answer.

However the other question should be......was there an a Creation before Genesis 1:1.

Genesis 1:2.........
"In the abeginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was bwithout form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."

If not there are 3 more questions to ponder ----
1. there is no record of the creation of water in genesis 1. Where did the water in verse #2 come from?????
2. what did God mean when He asked man to re-plenish the earth? remember replenish means to fill up something that has been depleted.
3. when God banished lucifer from heaven which earth did he fall to? was it the one that already contained adam and eve?

See...........open door to more questions.

If there was not a Creation before Genesis creation, how do we explain the bones of animals which are scientifically dated at hundreds of millions of years old?

As for not liking thinking of the consequences of those who reject Jesus, well of course. Nobody really wants to think they'll be like the rich man who ignored Lazarus, and was in hades/hell with no water and couldn't cross to Paradise.

But Jesus told that story for our edification....
He also said 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay' meaning yep God will avenge all that is unrighteous, evil and unjust in this world.

It's not wrong to ask difficult questions but you may not like the answer...or you might be surprised at it. Job certainly was not understanding everything about God when he was asking about all the horrible things that happened to him. Job did not know that Satan had a wager with God. He didn't really know that actually God had Job's back and trusted his faith in Him.

Was thinking of Peter and his family,after talking with a poster here.
We know he was married and was supporting his family by fishing. Jesus met his mother in law at his house and healed her,so I'm wondering what became of them after Peter was called to follow Jesus ?
Mt.8:14, Mt. 4:18-20
I'm sure they too believed in him bc of Peter's testimony of Jesus and Jesus's own person.
Does anyone know of any good accessable historicals ?
I have a very old book, 2 actually,written and finished by Ousler Armstrong and his daughter April after the authors death. Everyone will know this one" The Greatest Story Ever Told", it became an awesome movie with Robert Powell playing Jesus. The second has not been made a movie to my knowledge " The Greatest Faith Ever Known."
It was written starting in the book of Acts and took up the spreading of the Gospel by the Apostles. Both are just like reading the new Testament,this man was true to the scriptures.

I know that Josephus wrote a historical set on the word but I think it's like a library full of books. Anyone know if they can be accessed on line ?

I have read some other myths and there are a few parallels to Adam and Eve, a beautiful garden, a tree of life wise serpent, banishment etc…
Even a woman named Lilith( possibly Jewish?? And Mesopotamia mythology) is known as a spirit or bird goddess of fertility and storms. And was adams wife!

I stopped trying to understand the creation at that point even though I admit I find it fascinating. Couldn’t figure out how things panned out in a literal sense.

I guess we will never know, but interesting non the less.

But as it stands I do believe ancient writings( including biblical) was sometimes talking about planetary and solar activity. Especially plasma and how it interacted with the world in which they knew.

I think there's a lot we don't know pre-flood regarding how humans lived plus many other stories from other cultures have tales of humans that had god-like powers, in the beginning. So there could have been in the beginning many descendants from Adam and Eve who had mighty powers that we don't really have today, plus they lived a long time...all of them did, past the usual life span of 120 years we seem limited to today.

One thing I'd like to find out more about was Jesus own brothers and sisters..from Joseph and Mary. Not much is said about them from the Bible, only James. Where did they live and did they have children, and what was it like having Jesus for an older brother?

I think there's a lot we don't know pre-flood regarding how humans lived plus many other stories from other cultures have tales of humans that had god-like powers, in the beginning. So there could have been in the beginning many descendants from Adam and Eve who had mighty powers that we don't really have today, plus they lived a long time...all of them did, past the usual life span of 120 years we seem limited to today.
One thing I'd like to find out more about was Jesus own brothers and sisters..from Joseph and Mary. Not much is said about them from the Bible, only James. Where did they live and did they have children, and what was it like having Jesus for an older brother?

Hello Lanolin;

What the Bible doesn't reveal and if there aren't any lost and found scrolls (documents) to support these questions,

"what we don't know about how humans lived "pre-flood""

"what Jesus' own brothers and sisters were like"

"what what it have been like if Jesus was our older brother"

Then I feel it's near impossible to answer those questions beyond our speculation. But I also feel we can discuss with spiritual discernment and a sense of respectful reverence for God.

For example, I read somewhere that Jesus may have had women in Nazareth and Galilee who were attracted to Him. This is a reasonable question to ponder. I believe Jesus was focused more on His mission, one of them the importance of a woman's salvation.
John 4 is an example.

I believe if Jesus was an older sibling he would no doubt have been the best Brother one could ever have. After all, He is Jesus, yet his siblings thought He was crazy. Reference Mark 3:21.

God bless you, sister!

Other's thoughts?

Back