Possess Your Promised Land

Possess Your Promised Land
When ye are passed over Jordan into the land of Canaan; then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you...and dwell therein: for I have given you the land to possess it.
– Numbers 33:51-53
7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

God has given you a promised land. It’s a place flowing with milk and honey, where your every need can be met. A place where you can keep sin underfoot as you rule and reign with Christ. A place where no weapon formed against you will prosper. A place where you are seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above principalities and powers—far from oppression.

As you study the Word of God, you’ll find that’s an accurate description of the kind of victory you should be experiencing in Christ—not in the sweet by-and-by—but right here, right now.

You may say, “Yes, that sounds nice in theory, but I’m dealing with reality here. The rent is due, and all I see is sickness, oppression and fear. This doesn’t look like much of a promised land to me.”

That’s because you’re still letting the devil live there! He’s not going to just pack up and go home, you know, just because God has promised you victory. You have to kick him out.

But don’t let that scare you. God has given you the power to do it. Remember what Jesus said? He said, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19).

What’s more, the devil is totally unarmed! Colossians 2:15 says, “[God] disarmed the principalities and powers ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in...[the cross]” (The Amplified Bible). You have absolutely no reason to cower before the devil. Jesus defeated and disarmed him through His death, burial and resurrection. The devil can’t defeat you unless you let him. All he can do is make empty threats.

But beware! Empty threats can stop you cold if you believe them. So don’t. Believe the Word of God instead. Use the Word and the Name of Jesus to drive the devil out of every last detail of your life.

Don’t let him dwell in your territory. Force him to pack up and go home. Start possessing your promised land!
7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Mark 16:17-18; James 5:7-9
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Thinking about rent. You dont own the land if you rent.
The landlord can kick you out at any time. But then buying land so it can be yours can be prohibitively expensive these days. I was thinking of how the land of my town was bought in exchange for a boat. The guy that bought it off the Maoris who were first here is what the town is named after. But he ran into difficulties later because of the land claim. Some people thought it was still theirs.

When the israelites were given the promised land, they did not have to buy it off God. They had to claim it. How did they do this, it wasnt just with a piece of paper. God had made a convenant with them. He upheld His end, we must uphold ours, or we could lose our land. The israelites did lose their land when they disobeyed God and were thrown into exile. Let that be a lesson to us.

How is OUR covenant made? Its made with Jesus blood.

This topic reminds me of Mark 12:1-12
The parable of the tenants. Except its God kicking out the disrespectful tenants because He says vengeance is Mine, I will repay. So what is our part, is to call upon God to do this.

The thing is a child of God does not even have to pay rent. And if you are serving the Lord, you have grace and favour.
In Matthew 17:24-27 the kings son does not have to pay tax. Have you ever heard of a parent charging their child to live with them?

Does God charge us to live in heaven, do we need to earn our way? Can the rich man, just because he's rich, buy his way into the kingdom of heaven?

Questions to ponder. Likewise, if we are landowners, are we absentee landlords collecting rents just to make a profit instead of giving the fruit of our land to our children and servants. If we are paying rent, consider, why is it we are paying this rent...do we refuse what our parents have to offer us?

Do we rent out our churches to make money? Was the OT temple used at any time for profit making?
Are we leaving a legacy for our grandchildren or are we selfish skiers - spending the kids inheritance? Pauls says in Corinthians its the parents that lay up for the children not the children for the parents.

Back