Posting Treads

Posting Treads

I hope there realy is no such thing as a dumb question. I am having a problem being able to make a post as a new thread every were except here at this (Management announcements) subject. I have look and look and can find were I can leave a reply but not to start a thread. Can you help me out as a newbe.
With the Lords Love
Mike

Blessings,

As a new member, by the way the software is set up, all new members comes in as "Partial" members. Once you reach a certain number of posts, the "Partial" status will change to "Full Member" status. At that time, more of the forum will open up to you. So, post away.

God bless,

Godbe4me

What are the post requirements? I have taken a quick peek around and have not found a sticky that tells us the limitations.

Thanks and God Bless!

You may wish to do a post in the Welcome Area. Then as members say Hello, you can reply to get your post count under way.

At the top left of each topic page you will see a button labeled "Post New Thread" and once a thread is started, you will then see a button under the last post in the string that says "Reply to Thread".

Hope that helps a bit...

If I remember right you need to have either 5 or 10 posts before you can create your own thread. I think that is what you are refering to.

Mary

Yes, I understand the basic principles of posting, and thanks for taking the time to reply. On the site I administer at, there are post requirements that need to be met, like you have to have more then 10 posts to start a thread outside of the welcome area, edit your profile and to begin using the PM function. Yet, you need more then 100 posts to reply in the controversial forum.

Allow me to tell you what is happening and maybe you can inform me as to why. On the very top of each page, there is a link to My Profile. Whenever I click the link, I receive the following message, which I also receive if I try to look at teh profile of anyone else:
Christian Forum Site Message

OneLight, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Now, I have received an email that tells me that my account has been activated, so #2 is not the case. This brings me back to #1 ... asking what sufficient privileges means? I am not trying to edit anything, nor access administrative features (that I know of). What are the privileged system they speak of?

I appreciate you help in trying to undersatnd wha tthis all means.

God Bless,
OneLight

You cannot usually view newly registered member profiles until they have been officially accepted, etc. etc.

However, is this also occurring with other members who have been here over an extended period of time?

Allow me to tell you what is happening and maybe you can inform me as to why. On the very top of each page, there is a link to My Profile. Whenever I click the link, I receive the following message, which I also receive if I try to look at teh profile of anyone else:
Christian Forum Site Message

OneLight, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Now, I have received an email that tells me that my account has been activated, so #2 is not the case. This brings me back to #1 ... asking what sufficient privileges means? I am not trying to edit anything, nor access administrative features (that I know of). What are the privileged system they speak of?

I appreciate you help in trying to undersatnd wha tthis all means.

God Bless,
OneLight

You cannot usually view newly registered member profiles until they have been officially accepted, etc. etc.

However, is this also occurring with other members who have been here over an extended period of time?
How does one determine if they are officially accepted? I did receive an email that started out "We have now activated your account at the Christian Forum Site and we are really glad you have chosen to be a part of our community. " Is there another notification I can expect?

The profile I tried to view is my own. Then when I received the error message, I tried others, all having the same result. This is why I first asked if there was a thread by the adminstration that describes any limited use of users.

Hm...Unfortunately, with the new software, a lot of things are a little confusing and there are still some glitches. With the old server, it was simple as that particular person's account (or yours) had not been fully activated and thus, did not have all the permissions to access the complete forum. Now, with everything all up in the air and the administrator(s) standing on stools trying to get everything fixed, we're pretty much at the mercy of the developers.

It sounds look there is something up with your account. You should be able to view people's profiles and your own unless their is a certain number of posts you have to put out to activate it...? This is really confusing me.

How does one determine if they are officially accepted? I did receive an email that started out "We have now activated your account at the Christian Forum Site and we are really glad you have chosen to be a part of our community. " Is there another notification I can expect?

The profile I tried to view is my own. Then when I received the error message, I tried others, all having the same result. This is why I first asked if there was a thread by the adminstration that describes any limited use of users.

Well, the number of posts must be "5", because it is now working. Thanks for helping in every why you could.

God Bless,
Alan

Alan - before I could get back to you - your post count hit the 'magic number' and most everything is opened up for you now.

Blessings,

Pastor Gary

Ah, good. :) I am glad to help out whenever I can. I wasn't *exactly* sure what number of posts was required...but I am glad you found out.

God bless.

Well, the number of posts must be "5", because it is now working. Thanks for helping in every why you could.

God Bless,
Alan

Back