Prayer Team for CFS

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
Prayer Team for CFS

There are more and more members requesting prayer support. I'm now creating a core prayer group with a few chosen members in it and I'll give them access to our new room: Prayer Team Room - For confidential prayer requests

Interested? Follow the Instructions below:

If someone's interested, please apply by following this link: http://www.christianforumsite.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups, choose the appropriate group (Prayer Team) and click join group to get to the screen where you have to give a reason. I would only be accepting a few member for now and later I'll increase it. If you are not accepted, please don't worry. I'll probably allow you later.

Why only few for the prayer team?

Mark 5:35-41 (King James Version)
35 While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue's house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further?
36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.
37 And he suffered no man to follow him, save Peter, and James, and John the brother of James. (They were a few of strong faith)
38 And he cometh to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and seeth the tumult, and them that wept and wailed greatly.
39 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth.
40 And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying.
41 And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise.

Requirements:

1. All prayer team members must pray for every prayer request and respond to the threads.
2. You should agree not to share the confidential requests with anyone.

I might not be able to respond to your applications immediately because of time constraints. I'll look into it during the weekend.

Great idea and I have applied but I found the application confusing. There is a button Join Group. If you click that it brings up an error notice. There is also a second Join Group on the right. If you click there it gives you a chance to apply but then takes you back to a screen where your details are shown but no indication what you should do.
Jeff please can you add some instructions.

Jeff new posts in the Prayer thread are not showing up under the New Posts. As a result we could easily miss an important request.

I have a general question, I think it might be encouraging to some who may be contemplating suicide that might, in a last desperate cry for help, be able to come to this forum and know they can get someone to talk to and get prayers from. Can there be some sort of up front prompting or assurance, worded so that such a person could immediately know about and have this assurance that there are those that care and who will listen? It might make a tremendous difference to those that are crying out for this help.

It's a different world from that I knew in my younger days. It takes a real effort to find a source of good influential news and encouragement for those who were not brought up in a Christian family atmosphere. Turning to God and making the sinner's confession in prayer is most important, but I believe so is a good source of Christian fellowship to balance all the negative, selfish, destructive dark influences that are so much more seemingly prevalent now in this world than when I was younger. After all, we are called to fellowship and to build up each other are we not? I know some people who can really benefit from a sympathetic listener and guidance to making a better choice than to indulge the flesh at the expense of exalting the spirit, if that makes any sense.

Just a thought I had. Thank you for your attention and the opportunity to post this. Moderators, apologies if this posting is in the wrong location.

Mike

Back