Praying for the job God has led you

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dear brothers and sisters;

I watched a movie where one of the characters said he was unemployed at his choosing. He only worked when he needed to. He did construction, the pay was good and lived cheap while he chose not to work. He was relaxed, happy and content, and this movie was a true story.

Unfortunately, for most of us this is not a choice we can easily make.

When I searched for a new job there is a devotion I used when praying to God. God knows my character, what brings out the best and worst in me in the work place and He blessed me with lessons to be learned along with the skills, abilities, talents and in most cases my spiritual gift.

My spiritual gift is helps, reference 1 Corinthians 12:28, 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

I want to borrow five passages from an article I read in Crosswalk that will empower you in your current labor or job search.

1 John 5:14, 14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.

Psalm 17:6, 6 I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my words.

Romans 12:12, 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Psalm 145:8, 8 The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

Philippians 4:6, 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Reflect on God's promises when it comes to our labor. He anointed the special job we are currently working or seeking. In our prayers God is already orchestrating your future employer's search for You and for the right employer you are seeking to help, serve and earn your wages.

Be careful not to take a job rashly or hastily only because we need the paycheck. Early in my career I did this many times and my employer could see my underlying motive and lack of performance showed.

God loves us so much that He perfectly anoints your talents and therefore will send you to the right job.

After your prayer in your current job, or if you are searching for a new employer, please remember to be still, patient, and wait quietly while God has already gone ahead to bring you to the job He has called you.

Most important. Our jobs are a huge part of our ministry because we spend many hours serving our employers. It's important to pray for our employers whether the owner or manager. One of the biggest topics in the workplace is many of them are not good at running their business or managing people. Are we praying for them, our co-workers, vendors or clients?

Do you have an experience that will minister to us who are currently working, thinking of making a change, or are searching for a new job?

God bless you all in your labor and your families.

I watched a movie where one of the characters said he was unemployed at his choosing. He only worked when he needed to. He did construction, the pay was good and lived cheap while he chose not to work. He was relaxed, happy and content, and this movie was a true story.

When I searched for a new job there is a devotion I used when praying to God. God knows my character, what brings out the best and worst in me in the work place and He blessed me with lessons to be learned along with the skills, abilities, talents and in most cases my spiritual gift.

My spiritual gift is helps, reference 1 Corinthians 12:28, 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

I want to borrow five passages from an article I read in Crosswalk that will empower you in your current labor or job search.

1 John 5:14, 14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.

Psalm 17:6, 6 I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my words.

Romans 12:12, 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Psalm 145:8, 8 The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

Philippians 4:6, 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Reflect on God's promises when it comes to our labor. He anointed the special job we are currently working or seeking. In our prayers God is already orchestrating your future employer's search for You and for the right employer you are seeking to help, serve and earn your wages.

Be careful not to take a job rashly or hastily only because we need the paycheck. Early in my career I did this many times and my employer could see my underlying motive and lack of performance showed.

God loves us so much that He perfectly anoints your talents and therefore will send you to the right job.

After your prayer in your current job, or if you are searching for a new employer, please remember to be still, patient, and wait quietly while God has already gone ahead to bring you to the job He has called you.

Most important. Our jobs are a huge part of our ministry because we spend many hours serving our employers. It's important to pray for our employers whether the owner or manager. One of the biggest topics in the workplace is many of them are not good at running their business or managing people. Are we praying for them, our co-workers, vendors or clients?

Do you have an experience that will minister to us who are currently working, thinking of making a change, or are searching for a new job?

Set an example both for your employer and your employees and do it without fear.

Many years ago (1960's) I was a store manager for Eckerd Drugs. I had gone to work as a stock boy right out of the Army and needed a job. I was promoted quickly and at the same time was able to take educational classes through the VA.

I wore my Christianity on my sleeve and I never apologized for what I believed. I never allowed employees to curse or use God's name in vain or to tell dirty jokes. The people who worked for me new that and it was never a problem. In fact, I never had a problem in hireing teenagers or women because I had a reputation in the community of someone who did not put up with those kind of things.

My immediate supervisor was a Roman Catholic and we got along great. When the VP's came to visit, they already knew my behavior and background from his telling them, and they knew that I could be trusted to do the work needed as well as my staff.

I was used by them on several occasions as an example of what the company expected a store manager to be and act like.

It comes down to this simple fact......….."Do the right thing especially when no one is looking".

i can relate to being hasty and taking a job for the pay check. I think people need to be honest if they going to do this and say well I need this job so I can pay my bills. Once your bills/debts are paid, and your work is done you can decide whether to leave or not. It is better to be honest than pretend to work a job you dont like. You must ask yourself wether you would do this job even if you werent paid. This will impact you on the types of jobs you seek.

Why because God is our provider. Sometimes people take jobs that God hasnt called them to do or stay in jobs much longer than they need to. Not every job will you do forever.

There is a parable Jesus tells about some workers in the vineyard. They got called to work, some in the morning, some in the evening. They all got paid the same amount cos they all agreed thats what they were paid. Even though the ones called in the evening worked less hours than the ones called in the morning.

Theres a lesson here for us.

Back