Preaching The Gospel Of God Freely....

Will we speak evil of “dignities” who will come to preach His Word of Truth? Will we despise “dominion”?

Jude 1:7-8 KJV
(7) Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
(8) Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Remember how Korah and the princes and the famous in the congregation despised “dominion” and provoked Jehovah. They gathered against Moses and against Aaron….against those sent by Him. Bold men they were….to their own detriment. They despised government and were not afraid to speak evil against “dignities”….but they should have been.

Numbers 16:1-3 KJV
(1) Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men:
(2) And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown:

(3) And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?

Remember how they suffered the “second death”……one that is not of the common death experienced among men….but experienced a not so common destruction for their provocation. This is an example of those who will follow after the disobedience of Korah.

Numbers 16:28-36 KJV
(28) And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.

(29) If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me.
(30) But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD.

(31) And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
(32) And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
(33) They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
(34) And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also.
(35) And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.

We are to COME OUT from among those who will despise God’s authority and the powers set up by Him…..so as to not share in their sins and plagues. We are to come out from among the denominations of carnal men who will despise the authority of the Lord and the “dignities” sent by Him. We are the “called out”….the “church”….as we are called out from the modern-day “tabernacle” of today’s Korah, Dathan and Abiram.

Numbers 16:20-27 KJV
(20) And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
(21) Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment.

(22) And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?
(23) And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
(24) Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.
(25) And Moses rose up and went unto Dathan and Abiram; and the elders of Israel followed him.

We are to depart from the denominations of wicked men who will despise those who will be sent by Him. We are to touch nothing of theirs…..lest we by consumed in all their sins…their evil speaking.

(26) And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.
(27) So they gat up from the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, on every side: and Dathan and Abiram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children.

We are the “called out” so that we should not be partakers of “her” sins and receiving of her plagues…..being consumed in all of their sins...their evil speaking.

Revelation 18:4-9 KJV
(4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
(5) For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
(6) Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

When we leave their company, they will have torment and sorrow. They will no longer use their tongues for flattery but instead it will burn with wrath. They will gnash their teeth upon the righteous. They will no longer use their tongues for flattery but now for evil. They will speak evil of us….but we are to not render evil for their evil.

We will no longer be “buying” what they are selling. We will no longer believe and teach what they do. We will no longer recognize their authority but only the authority of the Lord as we follow after Him. We will no longer run after their “religious” things which are motivated by the hidden covetousness. We shall leave all of their things behind….their teachings, their commandments, their thoughts and way, their covetousness, etc. We shall leave and not look back to render evil for their evil. We shall not shrink back in fear into their congregations because of their persecutions.

(7) How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
(8) Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
(9) And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

“Apostle” = “one who is SENT.” There is no power but of God. The powers that be are ordained by God. His apostles come in His name….His authority. They are “sent” by Him. His “name” is written on their foreheads as they come in His authority and NOT their own as many do. Those who will hear, will hear Him and those who will despise them, despise Him and the Father who sent the Word to their ears. Korah despised Moses and Aaron.

Luke 10:16-18 KJV
(16) He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
(17) And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
(18) And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

There is no power that be but those powers that are ordained of God.

Romans 13:1-14 KJV
(1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Korah resisted the powers that be of God (Moses and Aaron) and received unto themselves judgment.

(2) Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
(3) For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

The minister of God is for the GOOD of those who will hear. The “sword” is the WORD of God which shall judge those who will resist the power. By our own words shall we be judged. If we do that which is evil in response to the words that are spoken to those who are sent by Him, be afraid….not presumptuous.

(4) For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

We are to HEAR and show love towards those who are sent by Him to preach the Word of God….who come in His name…His authority. We are to have brotherly love….not only for the fear of wrath (the judgment of God) but for “conscience sake”…..that is, so that we may enter into the full KNOWLEDGE of God. If we resist, then we shall not listen and nor will we understand. Outside of the understanding of the mysteries are those who will misbehave at the hearing of His voice. They will not enter in to the understanding.

(5) Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

We are to pay "tribute"......This is about showing LOVE to the brothers who are sent by Him in His authority. This is all about LOVE, love, love. This is NOT about paying money towards those who are sent by Him. A false apostle (meaning “ one who is sent”) receives money for preaching. He comes in his own “name”….his own authority. A true apostle (sent by Him) works with his own hands to support his own necessities like Paul did who was a tentmaker.

(6) For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
(7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
(8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
(9) For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

We are to “awake” unto His righteousness and cast off the works of darkness…..the envying and strife….and put on the Lord Jesus Christ in response to what we hear….the Word of God spoken in the Spirit by those who are sent in His authority….having His name written upon their foreheads.

(11) And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
(12) The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
(13) Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
(14) But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

The “super apostles” come in their own authority and are paid money for their preaching and many receive them. Yet, Paul is THE example for us today as he preached the gospel of God FREELY. As we freely received, we are to freely GIVE what we hear.

2 Corinthians 11:4-7 KJV
(4) For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
(5) For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
(6) But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.
(7) Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

Paul, an apostle, is THE example we are to follow as he did work with his own hands to minister unto his own necessities. He has showed us ALL THINGS how that laboring with our own hands supports the “weak”….that is, the gospel will not be bashed by “weak” minds because of our money earning from preaching. They will have no opportunity to bad mouth the good news if we have our own jobs. It is MORE BLESSED to give rather than receive. Let us work with our own hands and not preach for money. Instead we are to preach without anything in return…being a servant and not a king.

Acts 20:33-35 KJV
(33) I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.

(34) Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.

(35) I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

We are to do our own business and work with our own hands as we are COMMANDED. It is a commandment and NOT a suggestion. For if we do this, then those who are “without” will not have an opportunity to bad mouth the gospel because of being a “hireling”. We will lack NOTHING if we do this.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 KJV
(11) And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
(12) That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

The Word of the Lord is to have FREE COURSE….not “FEE” course. It is to be taught WITHOUT getting paid for it. The Word of the Lord is to be glorified by us not getting paid for preaching it. If we are getting paid peddling the Word of God, then it gets dishonored by those on the outside. Many are peddling (“corrupting”) the Word of God…..

2 Corinthians 2:17 KJV
(17) For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

….when it is supposed to have “free course” and be glorified. The "weak" minded will find fault if we preach for money.

2 Thessalonians 3:1-17 KJV
(1) Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
(2) And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
(3) But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
(4) And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.
(5) And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

We are COMMANDED in the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ to withdraw ourselves from EVERY brother that will walk “disorderly” and not after the tradition which he received of the true apostles. We are to do our own business …. working for our own necessities…. and not take from the “church” for preaching.

(6) Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
(7) For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

The true apostles are the example unto us to follow. They did not eat any man’s bread for nothing but labored so that they would not be chargeable to any.

(8) Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
(9) Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

If any should not work with his own hands, neither should he eat.

(10) For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
(11) For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
(12) Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
(13) But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

We are to keep in well doing….even when we shall have no company with those who will not obey the Word by this letter. Preachers are to have normal jobs and not preach for their necessities. This is how false apostles...falsely sent out....are identified: they will not obey their word by this letter.

(14) And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

We are not to count them as an enemy but admonish them as brothers.

(15) Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
(16) Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.
(17) The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

We are to carry neither “purse nor scrip”….things that money are put into. This is how we are SENT out by Him….without the money gathering.

Luke 10:3-7 KJV
(3) Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
(4) Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
(5) And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
(6) And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

The things that will be given to those who are sent to preach is HOSPITALITY….not money.

(7) And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.

They will ENTERTAIN strangers by letting brotherly love continue.

Hebrews 13:1-2 KJV
(1) Let brotherly love continue.
(2) Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

And we shall lack NOTHING if we are sent out in His directive….

Luke 22:35-38 KJV
(35) And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

But if we do go after those things then the two swords of envy and strife bog every one down.

(36) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
(37) For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
(38) And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

We are to preach the gospel of Christ WITHOUT CHARGE……being a “servant” unto all..

KJV
(18) What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
(19) For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Let him that stole, steal no more. We are to quit getting paid to preach….to stop being a hireling and expecting dishonest gain. Instead, we are to work with our own hands to support ourselves. We are to have our own jobs to support our own necessities as Paul did who made tents for a living. We are to do these things so that we may truly give to those who are in need….serving…feeding… His sheep with the Word of Truth.

KJV
(28) Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
(29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

One who is “sent” (the meaning of “apostle”) by Him will not carry “purse” nor “scrip” in order to collect money and things from those they preach to. Neither do they carry “shoes”….a product to sell to His people. We are not there to sell things to His people. His house is NOT a house of merchandise so that we may lead people (as merchandise) away to follow us.
KJV

Will we preach for dishonest gain….buying the spiritually poor for silver and the needy for a pair of shoes?

KJV
(4) Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
(5) Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?
(6) That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?
(7) The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works.

We are to renounce the hidden things of dishonesty. We are to NOT handle the Word of God deceitfully for dishonest gain. Preaching for money = dishonest gain. Working for our own necessities at our own jobs = honest gain. The Word of God is not to be blasphemed by those on the outside because of our money earning for preaching His Word.

KJV
(1) Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

(2) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

We are not to preach ourselves…..as many do preach for money. We are to preach Christ Jesus the Lord and ourselves as SERVANTS for Jesus’ sake. Servants do not receive money for preaching as they serve the gospel…. feeding His sheep WITHOUT CHARGE.

(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

How is it that we “commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God”? By WORKING WITH OUR OWN HANDS as commanded so that those who are without will not have an opportunity to speak evil of us and the gospel because of the money gathering in our churches.

2 KJV
(11) And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

(12) That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

We shall LACK NOTHING…if we do not take “purse” or “scrip” in order to receive money for our preaching. We are not to take “shoes”….religious products to sell the spiritually poor...to lead them away from the path of righteousness. His house is not supposed to be a “house of merchandise” but a house of prayer.

L JV

(35) And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

Those who preach for money are not working at all and are walking among us “disorderly”. They are COMMANDED to WORK with quietness and eat their own bread. We are to work at jobs that are not related to preaching the Word to support our own necessities. We shall lack nothing if we do this.

KJV
(11) For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
(12) Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

Again, If any man obey not the Word by this letter, we are to note that man hand have no company with him so that he may be ashamed. We are to admonish him as a brother and not an enemy.

(14) And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
(16) Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

We are to put the evil away from among us. We are to not have company with those who preach for money….making merchandise of us.

KJV

(7) If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

We are to FREELY GIVE His Word as we have FREELY RECEIVED.

KJV
(5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
(6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
(7) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

(8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

DO NOT RECEIVE money for “freely giving” the Word of God…..
(9) Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

We are to not take “two coats”….that is, using flattering words as a cover for covetousness.

(10) Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

The apostles of Christ (those SENT by Him) do not use “flattering words” as a cloak for covetousness. They do not seek glory from men by using flattering words for deceit in order to get dishonest gain. They do not flatter men for gain.

KJV
(3) For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
(4) But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
(5) For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness:
(6) Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ

Many have “sold” themselves for nothing….but we shall be redeemed WITHOUT MONEY.

KJV
(1) Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
(2) Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.
(3) For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.
(4) For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.

His people are taken away for nothing……in vain…by those who preach for money. They do these things for unjust gain. His name is being blasphemed continually every day by the outside world because of preachers preaching for money. Those who are without the church are speaking against Him because of this.

(5) Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
(6) Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
(7) How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
(8) Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion

The Word of Truth as spoken by the Spirit is available freely….WITHOUT MONEY….WITHOUT PRICE.

Isaiah 55:1-3 KJV
(1) Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Why do many spend money for that which is not bread…..which is not the bread of Heaven? Why do many labor for that which does not satisfy? WE are to HEAR DILIGENTLY unto Him and “eat” that which is good and let our souls delight itself in fatness. All of this available without going to those who charge for feeding you crumbs.

(2) Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

(3) Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Why lay at the “gate”….the mouth…of the rich who rule over us in their churches? Why lay their full of sores while desiring to be fed with the “crumbs” that they are teaching? The dogs came and licked the sores of Lazarus…..that is, they say “peace, peace” when there is no peace.

L KJV
(19) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
(20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
(21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table:
moreover the dogs came and licked his sores

Every one of them is given to covetousness….from the least even unto the greatest of them.

KJV
(13) For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.

The dogs come to lick the sore……saying “peace, peace” when there is no peace. They flatter people with their tongues and lead them astray.
(14) They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.
(15) Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

So whats your point? You mix the old and New Testament like Christ was not crucified?

Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Here where the COVETOUNESS in the church comes from!

Ro 7:6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

We are to preach the gospel of Christ WITHOUT CHARGE……being a “servant” unto all..

KJV
(18) What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
(19) For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Let him that stole, steal no more. We are to quit getting paid to preach….to stop being a hireling and expecting dishonest gain. Instead, we are to work with our own hands to support ourselves. We are to have our own jobs to support our own necessities as Paul did who made tents for a living. We are to do these things so that we may truly give to those who are in need….serving…feeding… His sheep with the Word of Truth.

KJV
(28) Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
(29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

One who is “sent” (the meaning of “apostle”) by Him will not carry “purse” nor “scrip” in order to collect money and things from those they preach to. Neither do they carry “shoes”….a product to sell to His people. We are not there to sell things to His people. His house is NOT a house of merchandise so that we may lead people (as merchandise) away to follow us.
KJV

Will we preach for dishonest gain….buying the spiritually poor for silver and the needy for a pair of shoes?

KJV
(4) Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
(5) Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?
(6) That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?
(7) The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works.

We are to renounce the hidden things of dishonesty. We are to NOT handle the Word of God deceitfully for dishonest gain. Preaching for money = dishonest gain. Working for our own necessities at our own jobs = honest gain. The Word of God is not to be blasphemed by those on the outside because of our money earning for preaching His Word.

KJV
(1) Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

(2) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

We are not to preach ourselves…..as many do preach for money. We are to preach Christ Jesus the Lord and ourselves as SERVANTS for Jesus’ sake. Servants do not receive money for preaching as they serve the gospel…. feeding His sheep WITHOUT CHARGE.

(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

How is it that we “commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God”? By WORKING WITH OUR OWN HANDS as commanded so that those who are without will not have an opportunity to speak evil of us and the gospel because of the money gathering in our churches.

2 KJV

We shall LACK NOTHING…if we do not take “purse” or “scrip” in order to receive money for our preaching. We are not to take “shoes”….religious products to sell the spiritually poor...to lead them away from the path of righteousness. His house is not supposed to be a “house of merchandise” but a house of prayer.

L JV

Those who preach for money are not working at all and are walking among us “disorderly”. They are COMMANDED to WORK with quietness and eat their own bread. We are to work at jobs that are not related to preaching the Word to support our own necessities. We shall lack nothing if we do this.

KJV

Again, If any man obey not the Word by this letter, we are to note that man hand have no company with him so that he may be ashamed. We are to admonish him as a brother and not an enemy.

We are to put the evil away from among us. We are to not have company with those who preach for money….making merchandise of us.

KJV

(7) If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

We are to FREELY GIVE His Word as we have FREELY RECEIVED.

KJV
(5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
(6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
(7) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

(8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

DO NOT RECEIVE money for “freely giving” the Word of God…..
(9) Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

We are to not take “two coats”….that is, using flattering words as a cover for covetousness.

(10) Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

The apostles of Christ (those SENT by Him) do not use “flattering words” as a cloak for covetousness. They do not seek glory from men by using flattering words for deceit in order to get dishonest gain. They do not flatter men for gain.

KJV
(3) For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
(4) But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
(5) For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness:
(6) Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ

Many have “sold” themselves for nothing….but we shall be redeemed WITHOUT MONEY.

KJV
(1) Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
(2) Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.
(3) For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.
(4) For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.

His people are taken away for nothing……in vain…by those who preach for money. They do these things for unjust gain. His name is being blasphemed continually every day by the outside world because of preachers preaching for money. Those who are without the church are speaking against Him because of this.

(5) Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
(6) Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
(7) How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
(8) Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion

The Word of Truth as spoken by the Spirit is available freely….WITHOUT MONEY….WITHOUT PRICE.

Isaiah 55:1-3 KJV
(1) Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Why do many spend money for that which is not bread…..which is not the bread of Heaven? Why do many labor for that which does not satisfy? WE are to HEAR DILIGENTLY unto Him and “eat” that which is good and let our souls delight itself in fatness. All of this available without going to those who charge for feeding you crumbs.

(2) Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

(3) Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Why lay at the “gate”….the mouth…of the rich who rule over us in their churches? Why lay their full of sores while desiring to be fed with the “crumbs” that they are teaching? The dogs came and licked the sores of Lazarus…..that is, they say “peace, peace” when there is no peace.

L KJV
(19) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
(20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
(21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table:
moreover the dogs came and licked his sores

Every one of them is given to covetousness….from the least even unto the greatest of them.

KJV
(13) For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.

The dogs come to lick the sore……saying “peace, peace” when there is no peace. They flatter people with their tongues and lead them astray.
(14) They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.
(15) Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

Here we have Churches as big as Walmarts and the like, and take in 100 of thousands of dollars every week, and yet they still charge fees to those who go there. Mens, women breakfasts or retreats...ect...ect. Big Churches = Big business $$$. They are more into selling their wares instead of teaching the truth. I would not be surprised to see shopping carts show up in front of their entrances so that their customers can buy their merchandise. They are sure to keep their messages nice and safe from condemnation so as not to disturb their income from coming in.

The women in our fairly large church host a breakfast for women as an outreach every year. We have about 600 women attend and every year it gets bigger and bigger. We hire a top banquet facility, and bring in well-known speakers and provide a great breakfast and offer many wonderful gifts. It costs money, and so we charge for the breakfast by selling tickets. Women of our church and encouraged to purchase several and to invite women they are befriending, giving them a ticket as a gift because we and want them to come to know the Lord Jesus Christ, and to hear a wonderful, inspiring message of hope.

It is a very successful event and one we look forward to every year because many women do come to Christ!

These kinds of events are not free and Christians aren't to be cheap. People are worth the effort.

Back