Presenting the Gospel

I want to present the Gospel to this guy through email, but I'm not sure if I should.
I am still new in my own faith, and I don't know if I am up for the responsibility.
Two questions:
1. Should I present the Gospel to this person?
2. How can I present the Gospel in a quick, simple, and easy manner?

Thamlmnknks guys.

1. If you feel called to share the gospel with this person by all means do so. Pray to God before you do that his will be done. Seeing God's children be born into the family is a wonderful thing.

2. Lay it out as simply as you can using verses like Romans 6:23. Tell the person who Jesus is and what he did. Tell them what he purchased for everyone who believes in him.

Reactions: Juk
Here is a re-post of a comment I made a few months ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking about Christ should be natural. He should be on our lips, both with and without trying.

>> Be prepared. The better you know Christ, the better witness. This will likely include knowing scripture, but a close personal relationship with the Lord is essential.
Added comment: Know what the unbeliever must understand and do to accept the Lord. He must recognize that God loves him. He must recognize that everyone has personalty fallen short (sinned against God) and are separated from Him. He must know that God became flesh in the person of Jesus Christ who bore the penalty for his sin. He must acknowledge all this as true and directly pertaining to him. He must then pray to have Jesus take over his life.

>> Coming from that close relationship with the Lord, should be your knowledge of what Christ has done in your life. Struggles you may have had that He saw you through, the peace you feel. A witness shares what he has personally experienced.

>> Have a strong prayer life. Confess your sins as soon as the Holy Spirit lays them upon your heart. Sharing must be done in His power, not yours. Unconfessed sin is an impediment to the Spirit working through you.

>> Remember, it is the Lord’s battle. You cannot make an unbeliever believe. It is the Lord that draws new believers, not Christians that push them.

>> Be of good reputation. Even if you are not saying “be a wonderful person, just like me”, the enemy will use any flaws that may have been noticed in your character to discredit your words.

>> Those around you should know you are a Christian. They should know this for two reasons.
1 The first is so that your life can be a witness to what living for Christ is.
2 The second reason is that it is much easier to talk about what Christ has done for you if they already know you are a believer. This doesn’t have to be overt or threatening. If you mention going to church; if they see you reading scripture during lunch then when the Holy Spirit leads you, there will not be a “coming out of the closet” feeling that the enemy sometimes uses.

>> As the Spirit leads (and prepares the potential brother), tell what Christ has done for you. From a spiritual standpoint, sinful actions are symptoms, not causes. Don’t be too concerned with fighting their sin. That’s not your responsibility. In reality, even if an unbeliever didn’t do any sinful actions, they would still be in need of Christ. Helping them fight their sin may be possible after they accept the Lord, but until they do, all they can do is sin.

>> You may be one of a series of events that work in another’s life to bring them to Christ. You are not responsible for results. You may not see the results.

>> Talk about what Christ has done for you, particularly in ways that may relate to the life of the potential convert.

>> If you think they ay be close to a decision, make sure you tell them that they must personally accept Christ and want Him to lead. If the person is coming to Christ because he realizes his sinful nature, make sure that they know that Christ has personally paid the price for that sin. If he is coming because he feels Christ’s love, make sure that he still knows that Christ paid the penalty for his sin and wants to work in their life.

>> If you are fortunate enough to be present when the convert gives his life to Christ, make sure that you encourage him to attend services and join a church. Ask him to come to church with you. Offer to study the Bible with him. You should also make sure they HAVE a Bible. If you cannot provide one, your church may be willing to help there.

>> Pray to the Lord on behalf of everyone you witness to.

>> In your prayerful meditation, review the events and ask the Holy Spirit to show you how to improve.

Here is a re-post of a comment I made a few months ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking about Christ should be natural. He should be on our lips, both with and without trying.

>> Be prepared. The better you know Christ, the better witness. This will likely include knowing scripture, but a close personal relationship with the Lord is essential.
Added comment: Know what the unbeliever must understand and do to accept the Lord. He must recognize that God loves him. He must recognize that everyone has personalty fallen short (sinned against God) and are separated from Him. He must know that God became flesh in the person of Jesus Christ who bore the penalty for his sin. He must acknowledge all this as true and directly pertaining to him. He must then pray to have Jesus take over his life.

>> Coming from that close relationship with the Lord, should be your knowledge of what Christ has done in your life. Struggles you may have had that He saw you through, the peace you feel. A witness shares what he has personally experienced.

>> Have a strong prayer life. Confess your sins as soon as the Holy Spirit lays them upon your heart. Sharing must be done in His power, not yours. Unconfessed sin is an impediment to the Spirit working through you.

>> Remember, it is the Lord’s battle. You cannot make an unbeliever believe. It is the Lord that draws new believers, not Christians that push them.

>> Be of good reputation. Even if you are not saying “be a wonderful person, just like me”, the enemy will use any flaws that may have been noticed in your character to discredit your words.

>> Those around you should know you are a Christian. They should know this for two reasons.
1 The first is so that your life can be a witness to what living for Christ is.
2 The second reason is that it is much easier to talk about what Christ has done for you if they already know you are a believer. This doesn’t have to be overt or threatening. If you mention going to church; if they see you reading scripture during lunch then when the Holy Spirit leads you, there will not be a “coming out of the closet” feeling that the enemy sometimes uses.

>> As the Spirit leads (and prepares the potential brother), tell what Christ has done for you. From a spiritual standpoint, sinful actions are symptoms, not causes. Don’t be too concerned with fighting their sin. That’s not your responsibility. In reality, even if an unbeliever didn’t do any sinful actions, they would still be in need of Christ. Helping them fight their sin may be possible after they accept the Lord, but until they do, all they can do is sin.

>> You may be one of a series of events that work in another’s life to bring them to Christ. You are not responsible for results. You may not see the results.

>> Talk about what Christ has done for you, particularly in ways that may relate to the life of the potential convert.

>> If you think they ay be close to a decision, make sure you tell them that they must personally accept Christ and want Him to lead. If the person is coming to Christ because he realizes his sinful nature, make sure that they know that Christ has personally paid the price for that sin. If he is coming because he feels Christ’s love, make sure that he still knows that Christ paid the penalty for his sin and wants to work in their life.

>> If you are fortunate enough to be present when the convert gives his life to Christ, make sure that you encourage him to attend services and join a church. Ask him to come to church with you. Offer to study the Bible with him. You should also make sure they HAVE a Bible. If you cannot provide one, your church may be willing to help there.

>> Pray to the Lord on behalf of everyone you witness to.

>> In your prayerful meditation, review the events and ask the Holy Spirit to show you how to improve.
Man, that's a lot... Too bad I already sent the email. I will post what it was here.

Alright, so here is what I ended up saying:

"Since we are talking about religion, I want to tell you about Jesus.
You're in a serious predicament. Because of your sins (which we all have), you are in danger of hell. And it is well deserved. We are sinners, and we are basically evil in nature. Hell is the place where we would be judged by God for our evilness.
Luckily, there is an answer. Jesus Christ is God, and He loved us so much that He chose to die for our sins. He died in replacement for us, so that we wouldn't have to go to hell. Confirming His death, Christ was buried, and He was in a tomb for three days.
On the third day, He rose from the grave. If Christ did not rise from the dead, we would still be in danger of hell, and He would not have been God. So, by rising from the dead, Christ saved us from our sins.
And it gets better. Because of Jesus Christ, we have the hope of eternal life after death, as opposed to hell. We get to live forever!

1 Corinthians 15:3-8 KJV
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; [4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: [5] And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: [6] After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. [7] After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. [8] And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do you believe these words that I have said?"
And then I'll go from there.

PS This was an email.

Above all, tell people what Jesus means to you, how you were before you met Him and how He's changed your life---how you are today. We can craft a 2 or 3 minute personal testimony providing the gospel message that will touch people's hearts, if we spend just a little time and energy to do it. It is often well received over long, drawn-out presentations.

First, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in your words, and He will!

Alright, so here is what I ended up saying:

"Since we are talking about religion, I want to tell you about Jesus.
You're in a serious predicament. Because of your sins (which we all have), you are in danger of hell. And it is well deserved. We are sinners, and we are basically evil in nature. Hell is the place where we would be judged by God for our evilness.
Luckily, there is an answer. Jesus Christ is God, and He loved us so much that He chose to die for our sins. He died in replacement for us, so that we wouldn't have to go to hell. Confirming His death, Christ was buried, and He was in a tomb for three days.
On the third day, He rose from the grave. If Christ did not rise from the dead, we would still be in danger of hell, and He would not have been God. So, by rising from the dead, Christ saved us from our sins.
And it gets better. Because of Jesus Christ, we have the hope of eternal life after death, as opposed to hell. We get to live forever!

1 Corinthians 15:3-8 KJV
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; [4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: [5] And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: [6] After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. [7] After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. [8] And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do you believe these words that I have said?"
And then I'll go from there.

PS This was an email.
I did you have done a good job of presenting gospel!

Man, that's a lot... Too bad I already sent the email. I will post what it was here.

Actually, most of it is what you should be doing to grow in the Lord regardless of if you then share it with others. It's basically knowing what the Lord has done for you coupled with prayer, etc. All of these these things help you mature. The only thing different is that you are sharing it with someone you know!

Above all, tell people what Jesus means to you, how you were before you met Him and how He's changed your life---how you are today. We can craft a 2 or 3 minute personal testimony providing the gospel message that will touch people's hearts, if we spend just a little time and energy to do it. It is often well received over long, drawn-out presentations.

First, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in your words, and He will!
Yeah, I was meaning to tell how Jesus changed my life, but I forgot to. I did ask God for guidance though.

Back