Pressing On

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Pressing On

Christian Women's Devotion about Forgetting the Past and Moving On

So often things of the past can hold us back. Often the issues that haven't been dealt with can be a stumbling block and a hindrance to what God does in us now. If only we can see beyond the here and now. If only we could see what God can do in and through us, we would then desire to press on through.
As Paul says here, he hasn't already attained this, but he presses on - forgetting what lies behind and strains forward to what lies ahead.
We need to have a more 'eternal' way of thinking. We know that this world is not our home. We can't even take our human body with us when we die. Everything will be changed. Everything will be new. Our homeland is in heaven with Jesus. Our home here on earth is only a temporary residence.
If we could truly grasp this, we would realize the unimportance of so much in our day-to-day life. This can be a hard concept because none of us can really understand what heaven would be like. None of us have been there. We haven't seen it, touched it, smelt it, or experienced it in any way. We may get small glimpses now and then, but that is nothing in comparison to what it would be like.
I believe if we could just see what has eternal value in what we do and say, it can be transforming. Knowing this can help us to 'press on' with God. To 'press on' to receive the breakthrough we so desire. To 'press on' to be more Christ-like. To 'press on' despite the odds stacked up against us. For nothing else the world has to offer is as important as pressing on in God.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. - Isaiah 43: 18-19 (AMP)

Help me, Lord, to press on through
No matter how hard it gets
Let me see what has 'eternal value'
And press on to what lies ahead.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Back