promises of God

roughly better than 8 thousand promises in the word of God 2nd corithians 1;20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

2 Peter 1
1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

just a few in scripture romans 8:28 - 1 john 2:25 _ john 14:1-3 - john 16 :7-13 - Hebrews 13:5-6 - rev 21:9 these promises are by faith Hebrews 11 1 &13 the word promise can be used as assurance . its by faith we can see them afar

Lovely thread forgiven61
Matthew 28:20 NLT
"I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

John 14:3 KJV
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself, that where I an, there ye may be also.

Not a promise of God from the Bible, just a paragraph or so from a book I just read:

"We will find heaven as Ruth would find Israel - a foreign country, and yet home. When we get there we will know, as we cannot know now, that we have come home. We are committed to something we cannot yet understand. We call going there “going home”. We know not whereof we speak, but heaven will become home in a way we cannot now understand immediately when we arrive. It is we - not heaven - who will be changed".

John White
God's Pursuing Love

Matthew 5:9 KJV
Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.

Back