Protected by Love

Protected by Love
Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.
– Matthew 5:44-45
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Love your enemies...turn the other cheek...to most people that sounds like a pretty weak way to handle someone who's causing them trouble. But, the truth is, it's the most powerful way there is. It's the way Jesus did it—and His way never fails.

Do you remember when Jesus went back to Nazareth and the religious folks were angry with Him and wanted to push Him off a cliff? What happened? He just walked right past them, and no one could lay a finger on Him. Another time they decided to stone Him, and He didn't retaliate that time either. He just walked off. No one could touch Him.

When Jesus walked through that crowd, He wasn't afraid. He knew they couldn't hurt Him because He was walking in the love of God.

When Jesus said to turn the other cheek, He didn't mean for you to stand there and have your brains beaten out. He meant for you to stand there in love and in faith believing that the protecting power of God that accompanies that love would keep you safe. He meant for a man to swing at you and not be able to hit you!

The story of Nicky Cruz as recorded in David Wilkerson's book, The Cross and the Switchblade, is a perfect example of that. Nicky was reputed to be the most ruthless gang leader of his time. Yet, when David Wilkerson stood in front of him, telling him about Jesus, Nicky was totally unable to hurt him. He thrust his knife at David several times. But every time he did, David just said, "Nicky, you can cut me into a thousand pieces and every piece will still say, 'I love you and God loves you.'" Because of love, Nicky couldn't get his knife close enough to David to hurt him. A supernatural force always stopped it short.

"But I don't have that kind of love!"

Yes, you do. Romans 5:5 tells us that the love of God is shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit. All you have to do is make the decision to be motivated by that love rather than your own human feelings.

My friend, love never fails! You don't have to be afraid of failure anymore. In fact, you don't have to be afraid of anything. If you're walking in the love of God, you're living the most powerful kind of life there is.
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Matthew 5:38-48
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

There is so much truth in this.
Sometimes it seems all your efforts are null and void but anytime we do things according to His Ways, well in the end, He sees to it that it ends up in our favor.

It can also be very hard, no more like the hardest thing one may have to do, especially when you want to Lay Hands on some one in a very particular way, as I have recently been through.

Every thing inside you says, be a man and do something but in all truth, I would have been wrong to do what I wanted to in that particular time and situation. However any more involvement towards my wife would have had landed him with more hurt then he ever wanted to experience.

Walking in Love in some situations may not do anything for any one but yourself at the time, but we never know how God can use this at a later time in their life.

Not to mention it kept me out of jail and even prison and the court system, prevented a riot at the grocery store and protected my family in our home and out and about.

Bottom Line - it ALWAYS works out for the best when we WALK IN LOVE and do things the way He says To. Now He can protect you and work for you.

It ain't always easy or seem right at the time, however Obedience unto God and His Ways ALWAYS PAYS OFF IN YOUR FAVOR in the end.

Thank you for sharing my Darling Cturtle
Blessings
FCJ

There is so much truth in this.
Sometimes it seems all your efforts are null and void but anytime we do things according to His Ways, well in the end, He sees to it that it ends up in our favor.

It can also be very hard, no more like the hardest thing one may have to do, especially when you want to Lay Hands on some one in a very particular way, as I have recently been through.

Every thing inside you says, be a man and do something but in all truth, I would have been wrong to do what I wanted to in that particular time and situation. However any more involvement towards my wife would have had landed him with more hurt then he ever wanted to experience.

Walking in Love in some situations may not do anything for any one but yourself at the time, but we never know how God can use this at a later time in their life.

Not to mention it kept me out of jail and even prison and the court system, prevented a riot at the grocery store and protected my family in our home and out and about.

Bottom Line - it ALWAYS works out for the best when we WALK IN LOVE and do things the way He says To. Now He can protect you and work for you.

It ain't always easy or seem right at the time, however Obedience unto God and His Ways ALWAYS PAYS OFF IN YOUR FAVOR in the end.

Thank you for sharing my Darling Cturtle
Blessings
FCJ

Something else I noticed... is that your mind will also tell you, your a fool for not doing anything physical, but in all honesty that's the enemy taunting a person, putting pressure on them to do the opposite of what the Lord wants done and has commanded. The enemy is trying to use a persons thoughts to get them to walk in the flesh and not in the spiritual way we're commanded by The Word.

Another thing people don't realize is that walking in love is a command not an option. Because once a person gets out of walking in love, they're in direct disobedience of God's Word and their faith will not work, and it is a blessing blocker... which means if you've been praying for something... you just enabled (gave him right and authority, because you joined yourself with his ways) the destroyer to come in and block or prevent Father from sending ministering spirits to aid you in obtaining what He desires you to have in answer to your prayers.

Blessings my darling Fish Catcher Jim ... for giving me something to springboard off of ;)

Something else I noticed... is that your mind will also tell you, your a fool for not doing anything physical, but in all honesty that's the enemy taunting a person, putting pressure on them to do the opposite of what the Lord wants done and has commanded. The enemy is trying to use a persons thoughts to get them to walk in the flesh and not in the spiritual way we're commanded by The Word.

Another thing people don't realize is that walking in love is a command not an option. Because once a person gets out of walking in love, they're in direct disobedience of God's Word and their faith will not work, and it is a blessing blocker... which means if you've been praying for something... you just enabled (gave him right and authority, because you joined yourself with his ways) the destroyer to come in and block or prevent Father from sending ministering spirits to aid you in obtaining what He desires you to have in answer to your prayers.

Blessings my darling Fish Catcher Jim ... for giving me something to springboard off of ;)
Amen!
Casting down thoughts is a must EVEN WHEN you know they are true and have seen it with your own eyes.
It's a full time job and you can not afford to give the slightest thought to them before you cast them out.

The enemy is slick and will use even the truth you know against you. You can not miss a beat but must be FULLY ALERT at all times.

I had thoughts and visions even when praying in the Spirit and like a fool I began to question things. This led to 5 or more hours of hell on earth for me every single day. Thats not counting the hours she was around either. The anger and frustration and hurt began consuming me more and more.

After about 6 weeks and Cturtle began to grasp the Truth and with no support from management quit her very much needed new job.

Some peace began to develop around us but then you have all the thoughts and anger being pushed on you. You know like now we have bills due and past due and no money to pay them and get things we need and those involved laugh and continue on like nothing ever happened. They still get a paycheck and we begin to struggle. Now if that ain't a Spiritual Battle and heart set to deal with.

Then I realized in all this I lost 20 pluss lbs that I truly did not need to lose. Stress has brought many unexpected and unneeded health issues. Now you better know our enemy will use this against you to.

Friends Walking in Love and Forgiveness is only as good as your ability to TAKE ALL THOUGHTS captive. Yes ALL THOUGHTS including true thoughts and make them submit unto God's Most Precious Holy Written Word.

As my Blessed Cturtle has said.....
Its not a choice but a Command a must do that we as believers can not afford to play with or pick and choose when and how.
Blessings
FCJ

And one final thought from me for now... our struggle is not against flesh and blood... but against powers and rulers of the darkness. And with Our Mighty Lord on our side... we already have the victory that overcomes the world and as we make the choice to walk in the ways of our Savior and Lord... He's got this for us.. for as John 14:21 says... he who is having (keeping) my commands, and is keeping them, that one it is who is loving me, and he who is loving me shall be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.’
John 14:21 YLT1898

Keep walking in love and your faith will remain in tact and strong and will be the catylist that the power of The Almighty can and will help us overcome the world and its ways, to come out victorious... because greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world (1 Jn 4:4).

Amen! So be it!

Hello Cturtle and FC Jim;

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven. – Matthew 5:44-45 KJV

Praise God for His timely thread and thank you, folks, for posting "Protected By Love."

It was brought to my attention just this weekend and at worship service today that a former member, her daughter in law and three children all want to come back our church. The sister member had issues and left during November last year. The member, her daughter in law and children miss our church family and want to come back.

The passage and the truthful saying, "walking in love" was not easy for me these last 8 months. My wife and church family all went through being cursed, gossiped and hurt together. Nevertheless, the Lord empowered me to live this passage daily while tending to my responsibilities. Many days the bitter thoughts did push me but amazingly the Lord sustained me from doing or saying anything that would take away His glory.

This is where the passage and walking in love come in. I wanted to consider the church family and everyone was very compassionate about the family to coming back to worship with us. They all want me to minister to the family soon.

There was no bitterness, no unforgiveness, all had been praying and asking God's blessings on the children - ages 12, 6 and 1.
I was amazed and very blessed by my church family.

Matthew 5:44-45
and walking in love really works. But it does take work - love, faith and trust not in ourselves but in our Lord.

God bless you, folks and your entire family.

I remember that story of Nicky Cruz. And David Wilkerson also took off his shoes, gave them to a gang member who didnt have any and walked around NYC in his socks.

Thats walking in love!

Back