PROVISION

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
In Pentecostal Evangel pastor Dale Alan Robbins writes of an occasion early in his ministry when he and his wife were barely making ends meet:

When I arrived home, my wife Jerri saw the worry on my face. I had $3 in my wallet and there was one can of soup in the cupboard. After our meager supper, I quietly leafed through my Bible in the dim light. Tears streamed from my eyes. I wonder whether we were really called by God. I felt like giving up. Then I thought, What alternative do I have? Who else but God do I have to turn to?

I read the verse: "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16)... Encouraged, yet still burdened, Jerri and I knelt at opposite ends of the little trailer to seek God. Into the night we prayed, until sleep finally overtook us.

I was awakened by a pounding at the door. From the window I could see the brilliant orange sunrise behind the city skyline. A fresh, white blanket of snow now covered the ground. Again, the knocking came. "Who is it?" I asked.

A mystery voice replied, "I've got something for you."
Cautiously, I opened the door. There stood a short man with a grin on his face and two brown grocery bags in his arms. He quickly shoved the bags in the doorway, then turned, and walked away.

Jerri joined me. Stunned, we began to look through the bags. There were bread, meat, canned goods, and several cans of my favorite soup. There were the same items and brands we normally purchased. There was also a can of shaving cream. Who knew I had just used my last ounce of shaving cream? On the bottom of one sack was an envelope with cash. (Later I discovered it was the precise amount needed to fill our gas tank to get us to our next destination.)

On that wintry Saturday morning in Syracuse, my wife and I wept in our trailer and thanked God for hearing and answering our prayer. No one on the planet knew about our need; only our Lord God Almighty. And he dispatched a little grinning man to minister to us.

Earnestness, Money, Needs, Prayer, Seeking God, Supply
Gen. 22:14; Matt. 6:25-34; Phil 4:19; Heb. 11:6; James 5:16-18

In Pentecostal Evangel pastor Dale Alan Robbins writes of an occasion early in his ministry when he and his wife were barely making ends meet:

When I arrived home, my wife Jerri saw the worry on my face. I had $3 in my wallet and there was one can of soup in the cupboard. After our meager supper, I quietly leafed through my Bible in the dim light. Tears streamed from my eyes. I wonder whether we were really called by God. I felt like giving up. Then I thought, What alternative do I have? Who else but God do I have to turn to?

I read the verse: "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16)... Encouraged, yet still burdened, Jerri and I knelt at opposite ends of the little trailer to seek God. Into the night we prayed, until sleep finally overtook us.

I was awakened by a pounding at the door. From the window I could see the brilliant orange sunrise behind the city skyline. A fresh, white blanket of snow now covered the ground. Again, the knocking came. "Who is it?" I asked.

A mystery voice replied, "I've got something for you."
Cautiously, I opened the door. There stood a short man with a grin on his face and two brown grocery bags in his arms. He quickly shoved the bags in the doorway, then turned, and walked away.

Jerri joined me. Stunned, we began to look through the bags. There were bread, meat, canned goods, and several cans of my favorite soup. There were the same items and brands we normally purchased. There was also a can of shaving cream. Who knew I had just used my last ounce of shaving cream? On the bottom of one sack was an envelope with cash. (Later I discovered it was the precise amount needed to fill our gas tank to get us to our next destination.)

On that wintry Saturday morning in Syracuse, my wife and I wept in our trailer and thanked God for hearing and answering our prayer. No one on the planet knew about our need; only our Lord God Almighty. And he dispatched a little grinning man to minister to us.

Earnestness, Money, Needs, Prayer, Seeking God, Supply
Gen. 22:14; Matt. 6:25-34; Phil 4:19; Heb. 11:6; James 5:16-18
Thank you!
Huggs

Back