Pureflix movie on Evangelism-Do You Believe?

3) “Belief takes you to your knees, then brings you to your feet," what does that mean to you?

I've had to be completely broken in order to rise again and serve him.

I'm so hard headed!

I couldn't learn, until I've been through unbearable suffering

and you?

Amens/Likes: Cturtle

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Daily confessing our sins and daily re-committing to follow in His footsteps
And Daily changing the way we are unto His ways.
Learning to have a teachable heart and more important being willing to be willing to change .
It's a life long journey in which we can not ever learn it all while we are on this earth.
Blessings

Amens/Likes: Cturtle and button
And Daily changing the way we are unto His ways.
Learning to have a teachable heart and more important being willing to be willing to change .
It's a life long journey in which we can not ever learn it all while we are on this earth.
Blessings
My heart wasn't teachable, until I've been to so much brutal hardship

I pray he may use me now to serve HIm and others, bc as you have said, jim, I've walked in their shoes

Hey, I've been in field training or bootcamp of life, ha!

Amens/Likes: Fish Catcher Jim

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Hebrews 12:11 on why God allows suffering “No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.”
In all that I have been learning... not completely sure that this verse fits with all suffering. And Romans 8:28... definitely does not fit.

All suffering and evil things come from the evil one and the curse. And when a person is not submitted to Christ... God cannot save them from some things unless they are able to hear His promptings.

A lot of things come from the choices we make, and from attacks of the enemy. Believers who know who they are in Christ and what The Blood has done for us and set us free from... can come out from such things , but we have to put the Word first and choose every moment of every day to follow His direction. Which sometimes is a challenge in itself.... but can be done with practice :)

Kind of like a toddler :)

God uses His Word to correct His children (2 Timothy 3:16). Just like when Paul rebuked the Corinthian Church.

Cturtle

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Me too, Cturtle!

I'm guilty as charged, ha ha!

But yes, we are constantly, daily, having to die to our flesh

Daily confessing our sins and daily re-committing to follow in His footsteps

Its a daily walk, I agree
Lately... I've not been doing such a great job.... but I got the repentance part down :)

Cturtle

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
3) “Belief takes you to your knees, then brings you to your feet," what does that mean to you?

I've had to be completely broken in order to rise again and serve him.

I'm so hard headed!

I couldn't learn, until I've been through unbearable suffering

and you?
Kind of make me think about the verse that says... KJV
And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder
matthew 21:44

I have learned that if we listen to the Word.... we won't have to go through the difficult times... for we have fallen on Thee Rock like Matthew 21 says.
However I wish I could say I have done a better job of not being stubborn... that's for sure. :)

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
My heart wasn't teachable, until I've been to so much brutal hardship

I pray he may use me now to serve HIm and others, bc as you have said, jim, I've walked in their shoes

Hey, I've been in field training or bootcamp of life, ha!
Yea I can identify with that. I got more degrees from the school of hard Knox then I care to admit.
The streets were my home at one time and life has a way of teaching you things if you allow it to.

Lol then we allow the Father to remove the junk and fill us with His Self . That's an everyday event if we allow it to be.

Don't ever give up.
There is only one thing worse then loosing and that's quitting.
Blessings
FCJ

Amens/Likes: Cturtle

Cturtle

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
I will go now, and stop gushing and try and calm down.

sorry :(
Find your peace :) for you are loved! Nothing to be sorry for... it's good to use times like these to chew and meditate upon His Word, and labor to enter into the rest of His Word...making us like Him. And really stop and think about how much He and serving Him means... and more importantly what He has done for us. :)

Keep your chin up :)

I did see this movie but it's a while ago now.
I remember it being a good one, challenging one to share the gospel, but also I was a bit unnerved by the violence of it, but then it is set in america so had guns, shootings, car chases etc. I kind of have come to expect it in american movies that someone pulls out a gun?!

I think each of us has been given a great treasure to share how to obtain it to those who will appreciate it.
I know in my walk I could be so disappointed that others will not receive as gladly as I did. But I shouldn't let that put me off. There are many wandering sheep out there that are looking for their Good Shepherd. If you come across any - you know who to send them to!