Quaker-type meetings

When Christ rules everything will be different that it is now.

In the day that you are speaking of, there will not be a Supreme Court, or a UN or Congress. There will not be nations meeting to discuss the affairs of the world.

As I read the Scriptures it says to me that Jesus Christ will be the Supreme Ruler. HE will be the only one giving orders and those orders and directions will have no need of any approval or vote from anyone.

Then those same Scriptures tell me that just like the bodies of all the believers from the Old Testament era, David’s body will be resurrected, glorified, and reunited with his soul at Christ’s Second Coming and he will then serve as what we might think of as a “second-in-command” under Jesus during the millennial reign.

Then, Christ’s 12 apostles will sit on thrones with Him and serve as judges over the 12 tribes of Israel.

Then we can also know that Christians will reign with Jesus.

In Revelation 5:9-10, we read a quote that comes from twenty-four elders that John sees in heaven. These twenty-four elders represent the entirety of the church in heaven following the Rapture.

IMHO.....I do not find in the Scriptures that there will be any type of meetings which will decide the fate of people or any business to be done. Jesus Christ is the Supreme Ruler and we will be in a complete "THEOCRACY".

Human government has been a dismal failure. Our nation of America has probably been the greatest success of all efforts to govern society. Even this nation will continue to disintegrate as we approach the end. Most governments have made life unbearable for its subjects. Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar elevated human control over the masses to an art form. Bureaucracies were established to create a system of domination. You should notice how the church has become an extension of this same design. The “Shepherding/Discipleship” disaster (still strong) was a striking example. Jesus will set up a government that is righteous and just.
You may be interested in the article by John Noe at https://www.prophecyrefi.org/about-us/the-millennial-maze/.
It raises a lot of issues and is worth reading.

You may be interested in the article by John Noe at https://www.prophecyrefi.org/about-us/the-millennial-maze/.

I read it and if you will note, it is rooted in the "Preterist" theolocaly position which I find is not Biblical. It uses the quotes from RC Sproul and he is an "amillennial." - Preterist teacher, and as such I have no interest in the website.

Of all the end times positions that are taught, the Preterist position is the very worst so as such I would reject the info.

May I humbly ask all who read these posts to search out Web pages concerning Quaker business meetings. I have already raised this subject in an earlier post, but the more I look into it, the more excited I become as I see these types of meetings as vital to the future, not only of Church business meetings, but also of commercial enterprises and, eventually, of governments of countries ("eventually" presumably being quite a way into the future!). Christian groups already existing in secular business and in political organizations (politicians Christian fellowships etc.), by conforming to the "Quaker" meeting ideal must surely become prophetic voices in their secular surroundings, as decisions are arrived at as to where Christians stand on certain controversial ethical issues and, more generally, are guided as to what true Christian positions are on a variety of issues.
The only stress that I would make that may differ a little from the traditional Quaker business meeting is that something more than a simple peaceful "spirit of the meeting" should be reached through the opening silence. Each member of the meeting must also be in a state of complete surrender to the inward presence of Christ ("the "Galatians 2:20" condition) and the meeting should best open with a prayer that Christ truly rules the meeting and reveals his perfect will to all its members.
Such groups, I believe, will become nuclei for Kingdom growth in Church, commercial and political spheres.
Please pray earnestly about this matter, for I believe it to be the future for both Church and society!
Blessings to all.
Two web pages of relevance here are the Quaker Business Group at qandb.org/resurces/publications/150-quaker-business-method and the New Foundations Fellowship at nffquaker.org
The latter is the page of a conservative reform group within Quakerism that is largely based upon the work of Lewis Benson, last century's primary scholar of Fox and the early Quakers. Benson attempted to bring modern Quakerism back more in line with the teaching of George Fox and his quite revolutionary vision of what the church should be.
The Quaker concept of meetings without voting should surely be the one adopted by all Christians as, if Christ is really present within the Christian (as the Bible teaches) and if the individual Christian is submissive of the rule of Christ through the indwelling Holy Spirit, it follows that God's will is manifested through each Christian as each submits to this Will. It comes down to a question of whether we believe that a Christian meeting should have its decisions governed by the will of the majority or by the will of God. Surely that question is a no-brainer if we believe that the company of Christians compose the Body of Christ in this age!

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
The Quaker concept of meetings without voting should surely be the one adopted by all Christians as, if Christ is really present within the Christian (as the Bible teaches) and if the individual Christian is submissive of the rule of Christ through the indwelling Holy Spirit, it follows that God's will is manifested through each Christian as each submits to this Will. It comes down to a question of whether we believe that a Christian meeting should have its decisions governed by the will of the majority or by the will of God. Surely that question is a no-brainer if we believe that the company of Christians compose the Body of Christ in this age!

Hello Daffydd;

If the Quaker concept of meetings work for one meeting area or all meeting areas, with less voting and other procedures, may be an anointing within the Quaker church or meeting, but to say this governance should be adopted by all Christians does not align because of God's specific assignment for each one of His churches, for example;

A Christian church in one part of the land will have a different culture and personality setting compared to another part of the land. God's church is not a cookie-cutter where every diversity and cultural is the same, and not enough attention being paid to individual differences.

The church people in Dalzell, South Carolina will have a different setting compared to the church people in San Francisco, CA compared to the church people in Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines. God gives a specific appointment of ministry to these respectable Christian communities with one goal, bringing one more to Christ Jesus.

We still follow the obedience of the Word of God, and in most cities and countries, the blessings of freedom of religion and the separation of church and state is exercised.

The home church as One prays together to seek the will of God for His church. This is the Scriptural, unity and diversified body of Christ in 1 Corinthians 12:12-31.

The church member individuals have an opportunity to serve, contribute and be a vocal part of their church through their bylaws, voting opportunities such as hiring a church leader, the vision or funding of new ministries and mission. This is the autonomy where the individual church members are gifts of grace in Romans 12:3-8.

A church meeting KEY, is prayer first, that lead to the decisions by the majority, is indeed the will of God through answered prayer.

God bless you, Daffydd, and your family.

Hello Daffydd;

If the Quaker concept of meetings work for one meeting area or all meeting areas, with less voting and other procedures, may be an anointing within the Quaker church or meeting, but to say this governance should be adopted by all Christians does not align because of God's specific assignment for each one of His churches, for example;

A Christian church in one part of the land will have a different culture and personality setting compared to another part of the land. God's church is not a cookie-cutter where every diversity and cultural is the same, and not enough attention being paid to individual differences.

The church people in Dalzell, South Carolina will have a different setting compared to the church people in San Francisco, CA compared to the church people in Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines. God gives a specific appointment of ministry to these respectable Christian communities with one goal, bringing one more to Christ Jesus.

We still follow the obedience of the Word of God, and in most cities and countries, the blessings of freedom of religion and the separation of church and state is exercised.

The home church as One prays together to seek the will of God for His church. This is the Scriptural, unity and diversified body of Christ in 1 Corinthians 12:12-31.

The church member individuals have an opportunity to serve, contribute and be a vocal part of their church through their bylaws, voting opportunities such as hiring a church leader, the vision or funding of new ministries and mission. This is the autonomy where the individual church members are gifts of grace in Romans 12:3-8.

A church meeting KEY, is prayer first, that lead to the decisions by the majority, is indeed the will of God through answered prayer.

God bless you, Daffydd, and your family.
Prayer is certainly the key, but it must be genuine prayer in the Spirit, which involves some time of silence or at the very least openness to God's reply. A brief prayer rattled off at the opening of a meeting merely for the sake of "saying a prayer" is more of an insult to God than a genuine prayer. The Australian parliament still (I believe) opens with the Lord's Prayer, even though the parliament consists of one or two Muslims, the odd Marxist, agnostics, humanists and atheists of one sort or another plus a few Christians!

Prayer is certainly the key, but it must be genuine prayer in the Spirit, which involves some time of silence or at the very least openness to God's reply. A brief prayer rattled off at the opening of a meeting merely for the sake of "saying a prayer" is more of an insult to God than a genuine prayer. The Australian parliament still (I believe) opens with the Lord's Prayer, even though the parliament consists of one or two Muslims, the odd Marxist, agnostics, humanists and atheists of one sort or another plus a few Christians!
I should have been clearer that I am not only talking about "church" meetings. Imagine a group of Christian politicians or solicitors or members of some large company or factory or whatever. Such groups exist and hold prayer meetings. Suppose now that the government or company or whatever plans a course of action that at least some of the Christians have doubts about, while others think that it is OK. With what voice will the Christian members of the government, company, industry etc. speak? This is where, I believe, prayer, Bible searching and silent contemplative ("Quaker-style") corporate prayer becomes most significant. When (and ONLY when) all members of the Christian group are convicted of the proper response to the controversial proposal, this response is then taken to those proposing it. Whether these people heed the Christian group's response or not will depend on their own beliefs and how they consider Christian ethics, but at least they will know that there has been a prophet (collectively, in the Christian group) among them. Indeed, more than a prophet - Christ himself speaking collectively through his people!
It is my belief, that the human population will become increasingly Christian (albeit with temporary reversals) in the years and centuries ahead and that such groups (operating in the ways we have been discussing) will play increasing roles in government and industry and, indeed, in society at large. Not all Christians believe this (although I think that George Fox and the early Quakers did) but that should not prevent them from supporting and participating in such prayerful and meditative Christian groups. If I am correct in my opinion, NOW is the time to star preparing for the future by extending this approach beyond its relatively narrow contemporary application.

Garee

Account Closed

I would offer its not a salvation issue but more of how can we hear what the Holy Spirit says to the churches or sects. He will come like a thief in the night on the last day . Its an evil generation that looks to signs as wonders rather than prophecy the word of God. .

I was saved by the hearing of the gospel in a sect that did teach the church would disappear but it always seemed to be something missing? (the church)

Today the Amil position works the best when trying to reconcile or compare the spirutl not sen understanding hid in parables to the same gospel understanding. Many from my experience look to the literal and miss out on the faith to faith or Face to face in the knowledge of all things written in the law and prophets(sola scriptura).

The Amil signified position is they walk by faith the unseen the understanding. It works the best when looking at the signified understanding of scripture as parables. That does not mean others are not walking by the same or mutual faith of Christ they simply do not what is called mix faith being yoked with Christ giving us rest in our work with him..

I think we will continue to learn what walking by faith means until we do receive the promise our new incorruptible bodies. A thousand years of learning I would think would not scratch the surface of God’s concealed will again hid in parables the poetic tongue of God. He has given that desire to search to out the hidden mysteries to a kingdom of priest after the new order of priesthood from all the nations as kingdoms of this world.

In that we I believe parables aid in teaching us how to walk by faith the unseen and not by sight the temporal.

They reveal the mysteries hid from faithless mankind who must seek after signs as wonders. Jesus calls them an evil generation (natural unconverted mankind). No faith as it is written in their understanding also referred to as those of the number. . Numbering people and time periods, they said to Jesus; show us a miracle then we will believe God.

I would think God works his miracles of faith in every dispensation or time and season .. . .The plan of the will “Let there be”.( the will ) and pronouncing empowering substance to be. . the good pleasure of God . The work of one faith as if two. . the father and Son.. Both too will and to empower .

It I believe works that way from Genesis through Revelation no dispensations. A thousand years as one day to a God who works outside of time.

.Believers empowered to walk by the faith the unseen eternal understanding .Walking throughout the bible is used in us understanding another.

It would seem the Holy Spirit set aside a beautiful parable to help us walk by faith the unseen power of the gospel. A person lame from birth to indicate the whole of fallen mankind was given the ears to hear the gospel it power from the father worked in him .he leaped and walked. Leaping represent the joy of a miracle. The born again experience of the man in Acts 14 below. How beautiful did his feet become sharing the good news.

Some that did not mix faith in what they did see they accredited the work to the apostles as if God healed by human hands. God is not served by the flesh has no needs but satisfies all . Clearly the apostles do not make up a legion of Greek gods in the likeness of mankind.

Acts 14:7-12 And there they preached the gospel.And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked And when the people saw what Paul had done, theylifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

I would think if we were to rightly divide the parable (Revelation 20) according to the signified understanding found in the opening statement of Revelation 1:1 in so much that not only did the Holy Spirit inspire the word but also signified it using many metaphors to give us the gospel understanding or hidden manna .

Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV)1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Looking at the parable in Revelation 20 and not searching for the unseen signified understanding (Revelation 1:1) it remains a parable or hidden manna as identified in Chapter 2:17 .No spiritual understanding to those who do not search out the literal historical for the gospel (the pearl of great price )

Faith. . . the unseen understanding must be mixed with the temporal seen. I would think according to the prescription he has given us. One of the beter tools for rightly dividing the parables in which Christ spoke not without .

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The whole book (Revealation) is filled with metaphors used in parables. . (Eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;) meaning the Spirit of judgment. . brass as a metaphor represents judgment of a refining fire

Revelation 2:17-18 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Again its the signified lanuage or poetic tongue of God of the whole book Revelation. the closing chapter of the Book of prophecy.

I would offer its not a salvation issue but more of how can we hear what the Holy Spirit says to the churches or sects. He will come like a thief in the night on the last day . Its an evil generation that looks to signs as wonders rather than prophecy the word of God. .

I was saved by the hearing of the gospel in a sect that did teach the church would disappear but it always seemed to be something missing? (the church)

Today the Amil position works the best when trying to reconcile or compare the spirutl not sen understanding hid in parables to the same gospel understanding. Many from my experience look to the literal and miss out on the faith to faith or Face to face in the knowledge of all things written in the law and prophets(sola scriptura).

The Amil signified position is they walk by faith the unseen the understanding. It works the best when looking at the signified understanding of scripture as parables. That does not mean others are not walking by the same or mutual faith of Christ they simply do not what is called mix faith being yoked with Christ giving us rest in our work with him..

I think we will continue to learn what walking by faith means until we do receive the promise our new incorruptible bodies. A thousand years of learning I would think would not scratch the surface of God’s concealed will again hid in parables the poetic tongue of God. He has given that desire to search to out the hidden mysteries to a kingdom of priest after the new order of priesthood from all the nations as kingdoms of this world.

In that we I believe parables aid in teaching us how to walk by faith the unseen and not by sight the temporal.

They reveal the mysteries hid from faithless mankind who must seek after signs as wonders. Jesus calls them an evil generation (natural unconverted mankind). No faith as it is written in their understanding also referred to as those of the number. . Numbering people and time periods, they said to Jesus; show us a miracle then we will believe God.

I would think God works his miracles of faith in every dispensation or time and season .. . .The plan of the will “Let there be”.( the will ) and pronouncing empowering substance to be. . the good pleasure of God . The work of one faith as if two. . the father and Son.. Both too will and to empower .

It I believe works that way from Genesis through Revelation no dispensations. A thousand years as one day to a God who works outside of time.

.Believers empowered to walk by the faith the unseen eternal understanding .Walking throughout the bible is used in us understanding another.

It would seem the Holy Spirit set aside a beautiful parable to help us walk by faith the unseen power of the gospel. A person lame from birth to indicate the whole of fallen mankind was given the ears to hear the gospel it power from the father worked in him .he leaped and walked. Leaping represent the joy of a miracle. The born again experience of the man in Acts 14 below. How beautiful did his feet become sharing the good news.

Some that did not mix faith in what they did see they accredited the work to the apostles as if God healed by human hands. God is not served by the flesh has no needs but satisfies all . Clearly the apostles do not make up a legion of Greek gods in the likeness of mankind.

Acts 14:7-12 And there they preached the gospel.And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked And when the people saw what Paul had done, theylifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

I would think if we were to rightly divide the parable (Revelation 20) according to the signified understanding found in the opening statement of Revelation 1:1 in so much that not only did the Holy Spirit inspire the word but also signified it using many metaphors to give us the gospel understanding or hidden manna .

Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV)1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Looking at the parable in Revelation 20 and not searching for the unseen signified understanding (Revelation 1:1) it remains a parable or hidden manna as identified in Chapter 2:17 .No spiritual understanding to those who do not search out the literal historical for the gospel (the pearl of great price )

Faith. . . the unseen understanding must be mixed with the temporal seen. I would think according to the prescription he has given us. One of the beter tools for rightly dividing the parables in which Christ spoke not without .

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The whole book (Revealation) is filled with metaphors used in parables. . (Eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;) meaning the Spirit of judgment. . brass as a metaphor represents judgment of a refining fire

Revelation 2:17-18 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Again its the signified lanuage or poetic tongue of God of the whole book Revelation. the closing chapter of the Book of prophecy.

As with all things in life.....we are called to make choices. My dear friend Gare has chosen to accept as stated, the "Amillennial" teaching found in the world today. Having done many years of study on this particular subject, please allow me to ask a simple question..................

WHAT IS AMILLENNIALISM ????? WHAT THEN IS PREMILLENNIALISM ????

Premillennialists understand Christ’s return to come prior to the 1000 year period of Christs rule as recorded in Rev. 20.

Amillennialists understand Christ’s return to occur after the millennial, and see it as a spiritual reign in heaven.

Amillennialism is actually misnamed. The ‘a’ at the beginning means ‘no’, indicating the proponents of this position believe there will be no millennial reign. But that is not accurate. A better title would be something like ‘realized millennialism’, indicating that we are currently in the millennium.

Another name that has been around for a long time which fits that idea is called "Preterism". That says that ALL the things you read in the Revelation took place in 70 AD and Christ returned at that time.

Amillennialism is not new and actually was started in the early 1500’s by a Jesuit named Alcasar to counter the Reformers' claim that the Roman Catholic Church was the “great whore... mystery Babylon” sitting on the beast in Revelation 17. Alcazar wrote a large commentary-------
Investigation of the Hidden Sense of the Apocalypse,” which suggested the entire book of Revelation is pagan Rome and the first six centuries of the Church's existence.

Many throughout the history of the church have held it. And by the time of Augustine, it had become the dominant view of the church. It is still the dominant view of the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Roman Catholic Church, and many Protestants. And it was the view of the reformers, including Calvin and Luther.

Amillennialism understands the Kingdom of God proclaimed by Jesus and his apostles to be synonymous with the millennial kingdom of Rev. of 20:4-6.

In this teaching, The kingdom of God is a present-day reality with Christ ruling from heaven. And it is a kingdom populated by all those who have given their lives to the lordship of Jesus.

Now the Scriptures all through the Bible describe the 1000 year rule of Christ as a time of peace, joy, contentment. Satan will be bound, the curse would be lifted (Romans 8:18–23), animals and the earth would be restored to peace and prosperity, and the lion would lay down with the lamb and children would play with vipers, (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:13–15), and people would be freed from disease (Ezekiel 34:16).

IF you choose to believe that life today is like that.......then may the Lord bless you and keep you safe!

With all due respect to my dear friend Gare, I feel as though we all need to know the "Rest of the Story" so that anyone reading posts can make an informed Biblical choice.

Nazarene Servant

Account Closed
I offer this view to all here, who I respect deeply.

Matthew 18:20 (NASB), says, For where two or three Baptists, Quakers, or Methodists
have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.

No, it actually says, "For where two or three have gathered together in My name,
I am there in their midst.”

I Corinthians 12:15 (NASB) says, "If the foot says, '“Because I am not a hand,
I am not a part of the body,”' it is not for this reason any less a part of the body."

It is comforting to me that one day the whole body will be rejoined for all eternity.

Last edited:
yes I sometimes get annoyed with people I know who expect you to say a prayer before you eat, and then also start yabbering away while they are eating instead of just having a bit of silence! And eating your food quietly, savouring every bite!

Garee

Account Closed
As with all things in life.....we are called to make choices. My dear friend Gare has chosen to accept as stated, the "Amillennial" teaching found in the world today. Having done many years of study on this particular subject, please allow me to ask a simple question..................

WHAT IS AMILLENNIALISM ????? WHAT THEN IS PREMILLENNIALISM ????

Premillennialists understand Christ’s return to come prior to the 1000 year period of Christs rule as recorded in Rev. 20.

Amillennialists understand Christ’s return to occur after the millennial, and see it as a spiritual reign in heaven.

Amillennialism is actually misnamed. The ‘a’ at the beginning means ‘no’, indicating the proponents of this position believe there will be no millennial reign. But that is not accurate. A better title would be something like ‘realized millennialism’, indicating that we are currently in the millennium.

Thanks for the reply. with all due respect not a salvation issue but more of how can I hear what the Spirit says as He reveals His understanding to us. . giving us new ears to hear. . Again I look to the opening statement of Revelation 1:1 it was not only inspired but also signified it as it is written giving the hiden meaning. Again its the signifed language of parables. What I would call the poetic tongue of God . . that which makes him different from gods in the likeness of men .unbelievers

The same kind of hermeneutics used to bring about the reformation using the period of times when kings were in Israel having given over the faithless elders who gathered themselves together (not called) who refused to serve a King not seen .Having become jealous of the surrounding pagan nationsGod gave them over temporally to do that which they should not of until the time of reformation .the beginning of the last days (thousands signified years) which began when Jesus said it is finished.

The signified understanding is used in parables or called figures that way throughout the bible , different times and season same work of God as it is written in all.

Hebrews 9: 8-10 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

It would seem that the Holy Spirit has given us the kinds of hermeneutic tools needed to understand parables according the hearing prescription needed to walk by faith (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Amillennialists know the word thousand is used to represent a unknown time or unknown as to whatsoever is in view throughout the Bible . It helps us to know God lives outside of numbered time teaching we walk by faith not that seen. We are not to be of the number those who measure by the things seen or heard the temporal. Christ will come as a thief in the night the sign is the last day the end of time ,

Amillennialism understands the Kingdom of God proclaimed by Jesus and his apostles to be synonymous with the millennial kingdom of Rev. of 20:4-6.

In this teaching, The kingdom of God is a present-day reality with Christ ruling from heaven. And it is a kingdom populated by all those who have given their lives to the lordship of Jesus.

Chroistians as ambassadors of Christ sent from as apotles from the unseen new Jerusalem prepared as the bride of Christ. Christians are reigning with Christ as he works in us to both will and empower us to do his good pleasure being yoked with him our burden is made lighter.

Now the Scriptures all through the Bible describe the 1000 year rule of Christ as a time of peace, joy, contentment. Satan will be bound, the curse would be lifted (Romans 8:18–23), animals and the earth would be restored to peace and prosperity, and the lion would lay down with the lamb and children would play with vipers, (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:13–15), and people would be freed from disease (Ezekiel 34:16).

I view those metaphors as signified understanding in that parable you ofered , (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:13–15), and people would be freed from disease (Ezekiel 34:16).as part of the new order n longert under the Sun, the old will not be remembered or ever come to mind for ever more.

Some people are quick to speak but very slow to listen.

How can people hear from God if everyone is talking at once, or one person is praying loudly for ten minutes? They can't. Everyone needs a bit of time to listen to God. The Quakers method is to actually have that quiet time together. They set time aside ESPECIALLY for that purpose. Nothing hard about it.

How can people hear from God if everyone is talking at once, or one person is praying loudly for ten minutes? They can't. Everyone needs a bit of time to listen to God. The Quakers method is to actually have that quiet time together. They set time aside ESPECIALLY for that purpose. Nothing hard about it.
Spot on! My prayer is that ALL church business meetings will be more God-centered than they are now, which means less talk and more listening for the "Still Small Voice" of the Holy Spirit. It is not brain surgery or rocket science!

Nazarene Servant

Account Closed
Spot on! My prayer is that ALL church business meetings will be more God-centered than they are now, which means less talk and more listening for the "Still Small Voice" of the Holy Spirit. It is not brain surgery or rocket science!
Where is the brotherly edification in this style?
Respectfully, wouldn't it be comparable to us sitting in
front of our computers and not typing a word or posting at
all? What Scripture reinforces this method of gathering?

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator

Hello Daffydd;

I will agree there are many, not all, church meetings that turn "town hall" rather than God centered. Its also a fact that many, not all, church meetings that "break down" because there was a lack of reverence for silence, prayer and God centered.

There are also many, "again not all", church meetings that were anointed through silence, prayer and God centeredness.

I'm sure your experience in church meetings were spirit filled as you continue to pray that all church meetings will be as you described.

I also want to encourage all of us, church meetings are important and require fervent prayer, with the hope that God is moving. And He is.

I'm still trying to contact the Quaker meetings in San Francisco and am still interesting in attending and learning more.

Nazarene Servant

Account Closed
Hello Daffydd;

I will agree there are many, not all, church meetings that turn "town hall" rather than God centered. Its also a fact that many, not all, church meetings that "break down" because there was a lack of reverence for silence, prayer and God centered.

There are also many, "again not all", church meetings that were anointed through silence, prayer and God centeredness.

I'm sure your experience in church meetings were spirit filled as you continue to pray that all church meetings will be as you described.

I also want to encourage all of us, church meetings are important and require fervent prayer, with the hope that God is moving. And He is.

I'm still trying to contact the Quaker meetings in San Francisco and am still interesting in attending and learning more.
I would certainly be interested in your experience when you have that opportunity.