Question About Former Church

Ok here's the dealio--- I am no longer going to this Reformed church for several reasons. One of the reasons being that they teach post-millenial eschatology and I've done some research on this topic and many people I trust agree it's a false teaching. The other reason is that the overall vibe is unfriendly. Usually this doesn't really bug me-- I'm super outgoing and I can make friends with the meanest person in the room, but for some reason this church just feels dark.

The problem is, my kids go to the kids ministry bi-weekly and they love it. They want to keep going and I'm just not sure what to do. I don't mind them going but I'm worried about the end times stuff. Do you guys think that doesn't really matter too much??

The problem is, I don't get my kids back from their dads until Sunday after church service (at my new church) so that midweek church for them is good. I could pick them up early I suppose and take then to church with me. That's probably the best idea.

Idk--- do you guys think it's unwise to have my kids in a youth group at a separate church? And one that teaches post millennialism ? I'm new to all of this-- I've been christian for 11 years but I've never gotten involved with a church home before.

My new church is really awesome-- it's bright and cheery and the people so far have been warm and welcoming.. And it's a huge church. I feel more welcome here than i did at the small reformed church. Maybe that was just me tho--- it's not like they were mean and some of them did reach out-- idk I guess it was the vibe. I'm a good vibe-reader ;-)

Sorry this post is all over the place..

Just so I understand postmillennialism correctly; that's the belief that Christ will not come until after the devil is bound and locked away for a thousand years and there is peace for that time while the church is being reestablished?

I thought Reformed Theology went with amill view.. I have visited Reformed Church and attended their services.. Very traditional.. I think the key point is, how they preach the Word.. There could be churches where there is doctrinal agreement with our views, but the Word is not preached at all.. I feel that happens a lot in Charismatic churches.. Based on few I have attended.. I might be wrong! And when there are doctrinal differences, the next key point I would look at would be, if they directly influence our Christian walk.. For example, if someone believes Christ's work on the cross is not sufficient, then I cannot be part of that congregation.. It is too much of a difference.. But w.r.t millenium view, I don't think that would change the way we would walk our Christian walk.. I would be okay with that difference.. That is the way I look at it..

I thought Reformed Theology went with amill view.. I have visited Reformed Church and attended their services.. Very traditional.. I think the key point is, how they preach the Word.. There could be churches where there is doctrinal agreement with our views, but the Word is not preached at all.. I feel that happens a lot in Charismatic churches.. Based on few I have attended.. I might be wrong! And when there are doctrinal differences, the next key point I would look at would be, if they directly influence our Christian walk.. For example, if someone believes Christ's work on the cross is not sufficient, then I cannot be part of that congregation.. It is too much of a difference.. But w.r.t millenium view, I don't think that would change the way we would walk our Christian walk.. I would be okay with that difference.. That is the way I look at it..

Thanks. I think the preaching is good. They definitely do not teach anything other than salvation thru faith in Christ-- they also teach predestination. I love the way the pastor teaches the word--- I just get a weird vibe there. There is also another reason I don't want to attend which I'm not willing to share yet.

But I guess my kids should stay if they like it :)

I just go where The Lord leads me--I am going to pray about this.

Just so I understand postmillennialism correctly; that's the belief that Christ will not come until after the devil is bound and locked away for a thousand years and there is peace for that time while the church is being reestablished?

That's not exactly it... Post millenial it's believe that the 1000 years is not literal and that Christ is the currently reigning King-- that the church is slowly growing and the world is becoming Christianized.

That link is to a page by people who believe it's true.

While learning about this type if end times beliefs, I started it believe it because of the convincing links to OT prophecy the pastor made. I think life will get less confusing when I get my seminary degree lol

Thanks. I think the preaching is good. They definitely do not teach anything other than salvation thru faith in Christ-- they also teach predestination. I love the way the pastor teaches the word--- I just get a weird vibe there. There is also another reason I don't want to attend which I'm not willing to share yet.

But I guess my kids should stay if they like it :)

I just go where The Lord leads me--I am going to pray about this.

The church will probably not be teaching 2nd Coming doctrine to children so IMO it would be OK to leave them there.

When the kids get old enough, and ask you questions about the 2nd Coming, that might be a good time to revisit where they should be.

That's not exactly it... Post millenial it's believe that the 1000 years is not literal and that Christ is the currently reigning King-- that the church is slowly growing and the world is becoming Christianized.

The Kingdom of God is now here. Jesus said behold I saw Satan cast from heaven like Lightning. That puts Rev 12 into past tense as a vision given to John about what went down. If Revelation 12 is in the future, then Jesus lied about casting out devils since the Kingdom of God is now and here. Salvation is not come for anyone, and the Power of the anointing (Christ) is not here yet. Jesus also did not see Satan being cast out of heaven like He claimed and had no authority to give us authority over the enemy.

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
(Rev 12:7-8)

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
(Luk 10:18-19)

Compare:
Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
(Rev 12:10)

Jesus is in charge now:

And having an high priest over the house of God;
(Heb 10:21)

Eph 1:22
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the view would be no reason to leave the Church. They got a chunk of it right. No church has everything 100% correct. To believe so, would mean your deceived.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The verse does not say anything about being led because we don't care for doctrines. We don't move anyplace based on natural things. Many are led by money, not enough to move there, found a better job out of state, bought a new house and can't just leave it, I want to wait until the kids finish school. They reason themselves right out of their place and out of the will of God.

The body of Christ needs to be taught on how to hear God, and follow the Spirit of God. Why this is not being taught is beyond me.

We don't stack reasoning to do something. We hear the Holy Spirit without any natural reasoning.

You already know what to do though, remove the reasoning and do it.

Yes I agree. It isn't the main reason... I still don't know if I disagree with it. Sorry if I am an idiot for saying this but a lot about that view makes sense to me. There are other reasons. The main one being God pulling me away :) for whatever reason. And I know He did because after I left I had peace and have had peace and confidence in my decision

And I know He did because after I left I had peace and have had peace and confidence in my decision

That was your answer, you were suppose to leave not because of anything natural, but I already knew you did right as you always follow the peace in your heart. Natural things change, reasoning change, but the peace of God for direction never changes.

The wisdom from above is peaceable..............full of good fruits, full of mercy.
(James)

Now teach others this.

I don't see how anyone thinks the Church will not be raptured:
Revelation 6, the final verse says the day of God's wrath (the great tribulation) has come (which WE are saved OUT of; Romans 5:9, 1 Thes 5:9)
Revelation 7 says John sees an innumerable host about the Throne of God and asks who they are and is told that they are the ones who have come OUT of the great tribulation
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
How much more specific can God be that the Church shall be caught away and kept out of the great tribulation.....He makes it extraordinarily clear; pellucid.

I don't see how anyone thinks the Church will not be raptured:
Revelation 6, the final verse says the day of God's wrath (the great tribulation) has come (which WE are saved OUT of; Romans 5:9, 1 Thes 5:9)
Revelation 7 says John sees an innumerable host about the Throne of God and asks who they are and is told that they are the ones who have come OUT of the great tribulation
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
How much more specific can God be that the Church shall be caught away and kept out of the great tribulation.....He makes it extraordinarily clear; pellucid.

"And he said to me, 'These are they which came out of great tribulation...".

Beloved, I think I'll ask for an explanation on that scripture. To me it seems that if they came out of [the] the great tribulation, it is because they were in [the] great tribulation! I also see that the Apostle John is not writing about his present, but about a future event.

Folks, let me be up front. I don't use the word "rapture": it needs too many translations to arrive at that word. I would rather use "the Day of the Lord"; fits my style of speech better. Another thing: I believe that it doesn't matter when the Lord comes (pre-, mid, posy), the Church had better be ready.
I lean toward the post, however. I won't say why, or why not, until I get it all together.

Beloved, I think I'll ask for an explanation on that scripture. To me it seems that if they came out of [the] the great tribulation, it is because they were in [the] great tribulation! I also see that the Apostle John is not writing about his present, but about a future event.

Folks, let me be up front. I don't use the word "rapture": it needs too many translations to arrive at that word. I would rather use "the Day of the Lord"; fits my style of speech better. Another thing: I believe that it doesn't matter when the Lord comes (pre-, mid, posy), the Church had better be ready.
I lean toward the post, however. I won't say why, or why not, until I get it all together.

Another word, which is really the correct one is "Catching Away".

IMHO, the Pre-millennial view is the one which allows for all the pieces of the puzzle to fit nicely together for ME. I have spent a lot of time on all three views over the years and it seems to me that this view fits all the Biblical teachings without any work to make anything fit in.

The Post-Millennial view advocates that the 2nd Coming of Christ will be AFTER the church has led the world into being saved and 1000 years of harmony on the earth. This was popular when it seemed that the missionary message was going to save the world, but today as we study ALL the Scriptures we can clearly see that there will be no peace on the earth till Jesus brings it.

The Amillennial view actually means NO 1000 year rule of Christ on the earth. It says that the prophecies of the Millennial Kingdom are not literal but speak figuratively to the happy state of the church today. Now there is an oxymoron for you.

Then there is the Preterist view. It says that all prophecy has taken place and was centered in and around 70 AD.
Of all the views, this one makes absolutely no sense at all.

Back