Question About Receiving The Holy Spirit

"And with that he breathed on them and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit'" (Jn.20:22; NIV).

How can this translation be correct? In the following passage the Lord Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would not be sent until He departed to be with the Father and He had not yet departed to be with the Father when He said those words:

"But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you" (Jn.16:5-7).

How is it possible that they had received "the Holy Spirit" because the Lord Jesus had not yet departed to be with the Father when He spoke the words at John 20:22?

Anyone have an answer?
John 16 is before the crucifixion and John 20 is after. So technically Jesus did go away when he died on the cross. Or maybe we don't fully understand this Holy Spirit thing to begin with....I mean after all Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit as well....so whats up with that??

"And with that he breathed on them and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit'" (Jn.20:22; NIV).

How can this translation be correct? In the following passage the Lord Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would not be sent until He departed to be with the Father and He had not yet departed to be with the Father when He said those words:

"But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you" (Jn.16:5-7).

How is it possible that they had received "the Holy Spirit" because the Lord Jesus had not yet departed to be with the Father when He spoke the words at John 20:22?

Anyone have an answer?

In the same way that the God the Holy Spirit fell on all who it did in the OT. This was NOT the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
This is before the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as depicted in Acts 2:4.

Back