Question re scrolling

Banarenth

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
Orange City
That sound like an issue with the way it loads, most likely due to internet connectivity issues. I can not reproduce it here unless my computer is unable to connect or tries to during peak times. Even then, it usually resolves itself shortly.

Amens/Likes: bobinfaith and Cturtle

bobinfaith

Account Closed
Feb 15, 2010
Daly City, California
www.livingstoneministries.com
Bob - what type of device are you normally using to access CFS? That symptom is not present when tested with a Windows based laptop or an Android based tablet.
Both forum formats act differently as well.
That sound like an issue with the way it loads, most likely due to internet connectivity issues. I can not reproduce it here unless my computer is unable to connect or tries to during peak times. Even then, it usually resolves itself shortly.
Hello;

I'm using our church Apple desktop and MacBook Air. When I open and log on CFS the forum templates on the left side scroll and then half way down the right side (starting with "can't find a topic") will begin scrolling.

Whereas before everything scrolled at the same time. Not a big deal. There is no harm on my computer and can work around it.

God bless you, brothers, and thank you for addressing my inquiry.

Banarenth

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
Orange City
The only other idea to try is using the other template. I'm showing a few template errors on the server, so it's possible as well. Also, have you tried a different web browser? For basic things, they should be the same but I've seen issues with even generic stuff and often try several before I can get to some sites. Right now, I'm waging my personal war with a site that SAYS they have an online chat but after I registered for their separate account I keep getting a message saying that I'm not authorized

Amens/Likes: bobinfaith

bobinfaith

Account Closed
Feb 15, 2010
Daly City, California
The only other idea to try is using the other template. I'm showing a few template errors on the server, so it's possible as well. Also, have you tried a different web browser? For basic things, they should be the same but I've seen issues with even generic stuff and often try several before I can get to some sites. Right now, I'm waging my personal war with a site that SAYS they have an online chat but after I registered for their separate account I keep getting a message saying that I'm not authorized
I have to be honest, I brought CHAT up last year and don't remember the reason why we don't have it, but now I feel there is a purity at CFS without CHAT (secret messaging in the chat room during fellowship, ignoring, etc...based on my experience in the past.)

Threads and posts are already a challenging ministry for our moderators but at least the posts are out in the open so all can see.

I don't mean to be negative and definitely don't want to limit God. With Him, CHAT could happen here one day.

I can experiment next Monday or Tuesday with Safari or Fire Fox regarding my scrolling. But not much time this week while prepping for Resurrection Sunday.

God bless you, Banarenth, and thank you.

bobinfaith

Account Closed
Feb 15, 2010
Daly City, California
If you view the home page template, on the left side where the top says "welcome" it scrolls down in synche with the mouse. On the right side where the top side say's "topic" it will still start scrolling in synche when the mouse is half way down the page.

I noticed this happens on my wife's pc as well as my apple. She looked at it with me. I told her its the CFS xerfono app but she said its OCD and walked away.

Of course, you guys agree with me, right? lol!

God bless you all.