Question

Question

Hey all.
I know were not supposed to worry about Jesus' second coming, but I was just thinking of this last night.

A day on Earth is a 1000 years in Heaven.
God created the universe in 6 days and on the 7th He rested.
We are in the 6th seal.
Gods number is 7.
We are supposed to keep the sabbath day holy.
Suppose that we are on day 6, the 6000th year.
Jesus is coming real soon!

I think we will see Jesus in our lifetimes!!

"There are millions now living who will never die"? That was the slogan in the 1910's.

Time is a creation of God, and time is subject to God. God exists outside of time. To even try to predict when the end will come is preposterous. Only God knows the day and the hour.

And yet His return drawers nearer everyday. Personally I cannot wait to see Him!
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

He is not slack concerning His promises as some would have you believe but instead tarries out of a merciful heart wanting man to be redeemed.
Indeed I wish He would come today but either way I trust His wisdom to make that decision.
This doctrine of expectancy has always been the spark that kept the flame burning in the Church of Jesus Christ. For all we know today could be the day.

We dont know the day or the hour of His coming. But we can know the season of His coming.

1 Thess 5:1 " But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
(jump to vs.4) But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
(jump to vs 6) Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober."

Matthew 24:32 "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. V.33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near-at the doors!"

Luke 21:25 " And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
Vs.26 Mens hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Vs.27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Vs. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

We can know the season and that His coming is near. But do not be afraid. Rejoice! It may not be tomorrow. It may take another 100 years, but its closer now, than it was yesterday! Rejoice! :fish:

There are naturally many opinions on the Sabbath. God said man would work 6 and rest on the 7th day. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Sabbath rest. He is the very place I rest from my own works and the place where my service belongs to God. He is my rest and He refreshes my soul, in Him are my obligations completed. As He has named us each (believers) priests and kings we can do the work of priest in His Name.

Back