Random Thoughts- 2

Random Thoughts- 29

Travelling to the clinic for my morning practice, I saw a dog, a Pomeranian, lying dead on the road, probably crushed by a speeding vehicle. No one cared to remove it from the site. Perhaps it must have strayed from a nearby villa onto the road and met this gory end. The scene vanished from my mind as I got involved with my work at the clinic.

Travelling back, when I reached the spot where the dead dog lay, I saw a dead crow lying beside it, again struck by some speeding vehicle. This seemed quite unusual and I wondered how the crow now lay there. The only explanation that seemed to fit was that the crow had spotted the dead dog lying on the road and had ventured to peck at it for a while not realizing that death was stalking it also.

Thinking about this, a few verses from the book of Jude suddenly came to mind. Maybe not very related but still thought provoking.
"Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear - hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. (Jude 1:21-23)

While evangelising and dealing with persons who are sinning sexually or in any other way, if we are not really spiritually strong and prepared to deal with these kind of sins and keep ourselves pure, we can easily fall into the same sin and be trapped by satan to do his bidding.

The attitude of "hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh." will help us in this.

Random Thoughts- 30

Of the diverse prayer requests that I receive, one stands out. A middle aged woman once came to my clinic for treatment of Diabetes, Hypertension, Acid Peptic Disease, Rhematism & Partial Blindness. She was very sick and after I had examined her and given her the prescription, she said she had one prayer request.

OK. I said with a smile. Soon, with tears in her eyes she said amidst sobs, "Can you pray for me to die?"
I was taken aback and thought it was because of her sickness that she wanted to die. But on enquiring, she said it because of her son that she wanted to die. He was a chronic alcoholic and verbally abused her threatening to kill her if she didn't hand over whatever property was in her name after her husband's death. He rarely worked and even if he did work, he finished all his earnings on liquor. Many people had conselled him but he did not have a change of heart. She said she was fed up of life with sickness, poverty and abuse.

I did not immediately speak, so she continued with her woes.
I just let her talk and pour out her sorrows. After a while she just sat near me sobbing.

I didn't see any instant solution; she waited for me to pray.

I prayed, not for her to die but that Jesus would grant her peace amidst all the sorrows in her life. I told her about the love that Jesus has for her and that she should trust in him to bring about a change in her son's life. She shook her head in the affirmative but seemed unconvinced that things would change.

We live in a world that is suffering.... The Apostle Paul writes to the Romans:
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. (Romans 8:22-25)

The whole creation is groaning....only a child of God has hope.....

Random Thoughts- 31

A couple of months back, a middle aged man came to me for treatment of his Diabetes. Lean and slender, not more that 5 ft. in height, he looked pale and worn out. His blood sugar was very high. When I told him that, he said he didn't care. He continued, "Last week I took an overdose of Insulin, wanting to die; I lost conciousness,when I woke up I was in the hospital, my wife had taken me there in an ambulance on finding me unconcious." Poor planning, he added, I should have walked away from home after taking the overdose, no one would have known.

Why do you want to die? I asked. No one cares for me, that's why, he said. Talking further, he told me how he had worked day and night to support his family, lived in pitiable conditions in the gulf for some 25 years, helped his sons to complete their education, but now they didn't care about him. I talked about God. He said he was an Aethist. I told him, "No wonder God brought you here."

That set up a discussion. He was stinking of alcohol, but I thought I may not get another chance. He was not in agreement but he said, "I'll come back to hear more."I gave him a couple of my books as he left and asked him to go through them. He agreed. He came back a couple of weeks later and I enquired how he was. I'm O.K. he said, and then added, "I couldn't get your face out of my mind for the past 2 weeks." Can you explain, he asked.
I laughed thinking of the ways of the Lord. He looked perplexed. Then I said, "I hope God replaces my face with his in your mind."

I talked to him again about Christ's love for him. He didn't seem to agree and left a little while later. But I was happy, a seed had been sown. My part in the great plans of God in his life had probably been done. Never saw him again. Perhaps will. Only God knows. Perhaps another person has taken over the baton from me in God's scheme of things.

this is where i will stop you.your thoughts of others are your ground.but can i ask you about your thoughts on life please.?:)

Random Thoughts- 32

Though I am a Physician and do consultant practise concentrating on Diabetics, Hypertensives and Dyslipidemics, I often have to attend to pediatric patients in my clinic.

Children like to come to my clinic because unless absolutely necessary I do not prescribe them injections. The children in the clinic's locality often ask their parents to come to me so that they can avoid getting a needle prick that they may get elsewhere.

One such fellow was fond of me and had been my patient for quite a while. Once he was brought by his mother for being clawed by a pet dog. I had to prescribe a Tetanus Toxoid injection for him. He was his jolly self until he was led by his mother to the adjacent room and was given the shot. When he returned after getting the shot, there was a remarkable change. He looked alarmed and seemed to have lost all confidence in my non harming consultations. I didn't see him for quite a while after that.

It's like the relationship many believer's have with Jesus. Their initial walk is full of confidence that this Savior will not let them down in anyway. The brimming over with confidence continues for a while and then some situation comes where they lose that confidence suddenly and then they think---Why would Jesus allow this?

The boy in question who was given the TT shot returned after a few months for some other ailment. He was all smiles, he had forgiven me so as to say. He had forgotten the pain of the shot and the relationship was restored.

Same like us & the Great Physician Jesus I guess.

The good old promise "I will never leave you nor forsake you" has stood the test of time.

Random Thoughts- 33

Can friends be a problem? You bet they can! Especially if they happen to be the ones on Social Networks. The requests come by the dozen each day and many of us just approve the "new friends", without even batting an eyelid. So here I was with more than 200 friends on Facebook. Sometime later, because of my hectic schedule, I couldn't log into the site for a while and then when I finally did, I found out that "my friends" there were a problem, because Facebook wanted me to identify my friends, so that my login be authenticated.
I failed because all the friends of mine that they put forward for me to identify I could hardly recognize.

Perhaps there must be a new definition to the word "friend", these days.
The Bible has a few definitions...
A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (Proverbs 17:17)
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)

Random Thoughts- 34
Travelling in the desert city, a familiar sight captivated me often. Circles of beautiful flowers cultivated amidst roundabout signals. Thousands of vehicles ply around all through the day and I believe the sight is a blessing to everyone, small and big, rich and poor alike.
I caught a rare glimpse of the gardener yesterday, working hard despite the heat and the chaos all around. Wonder whether people cast a glance at him ever. It's part of his job, some may say; he's getting paid, others may add. Yet the flowers are the fruit of his labor; perhaps he deserves more than his pay; a pat on the back, for a job well done.
The fruit of your labor for the Kingdom of God may be enjoyed by many, but perhaps the appreciation that you receive may be little. But do not worry unduly about that. There's coming a day, not so far in the future, when you will certainly hear the Master's voice saying,
'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

Random Thoughts- 35

I have been noticing the cries of a little girl every morning as her father leaves for work. They stay in a flat on the floor above mine and every morning she calls out "Papa" several times as her Dad leaves the flat, enters the elevator and comes down to exit the building and walk away to work. This morning as I stood at the entrance of the building, I could hear her shrill voice crying out "Papa" repeatedly even as the guy was in the elevator and coming down. As soon as he stepped out and heard her cry, he shouted back...What's it baby....I'll be back soon...Promise. And she in turn cried back....Don't be late....I'll be waiting.....Promise, he shouted back. Then she became quiet.

Do we long for Jesus in the same manner? Do we love to be with him day in and day out? Are we waiting expectantly for his return? He says.........Behold I am coming soon.

Random Thoughts - 36

A cat has been mayor for 15 years in a town with 900 residents in Alaska. It is known as Mayor Stubbs. Several years ago, the residents of the town did not like the candidates who were then running for Mayor, so as a joke they encouraged many to elect Stubbs as a candidate and it won.

Funny things happen in this world; things that surprise us no end. Funny that sometimes people whom we think will never enter the kingdom of God, suddenly do so and jaws drop. A touch from the Almighty and there you are. Yesterday lost and in the kingdom of darkness and today, full of heavenly light. Praise God.

Random Thoughts-37

Can you imagine a 100 year old running the marathon? Meet Mr. Fauja Singh, from London. On 16 October 2011, He ran the Toronto Waterfront Marathon in eight hours, 25 minutes and 17 seconds. He took up running 11 years ago and trains every day by running 10 miles. He was ecstatic, having achieved the near impossible.

Incredible! Considering his age and him starting to train so late in life.

As someone said, "It's never too late."

In the Bible, we read of Abraham having a child when 100 years old. His wife was 90 then. Moses was called to lead the Israelites to Egypt at age 80. Jacob travelled to Egypt from Canaan at around the age of 130.

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."(Philippians 4:13)

If you have been contemplating to do something righteous, something good for your family or for others or have been planning to start something new for quite some time but not acting on your plans though you have a leading of the Spirit of God, step forward with faith and find fulfilment. Remember, "You can do everything through him (Jesus) who gives you strength."

Random Thoughts-38

We have been living in the Middle East for more than 2 years now (June 2013) and today was pest control day at our flat. Too many cockroaches this summer. These are very small and intrusive. Not like the big ones seen back home in Kerala, India. Those would make my wife and daughters run and take cover. Some of them creepy roaches would take the aerial route too.
Irritating creatures. Pest control...Good Riddance...at least for some time.
Something like temptations that comes to Christians. Creepy things; irritating; sometimes believers fall for the tempters (satan) tricks and sin; then work hard with prayer and application of the Word and overcome. But they can be back (tendency to sin) after a while, like roaches, if there is slackness in keeping one's house clean.
Bottom line: Be diligent in keeping the house clean whether it be the home that you live in or your spiritual life.

Random Thoughts-39

The other day I was surprised when I read the name of one of my new patients. The nurse had brought his file and the name read "Yamraj", which means "God of Death" in Hinduism. As I waited for him to come in, I wondered why his parents must have named him so. Surely he wouldn't have looked like one when he was born. Perhaps they were worshippers of Yamraj. Or perhaps it was just a mistake on their part; they didn't realize the meaning of the name.
As he entered my room, I saw that he was thin and pale, tense and nervous, as if he himself had just seen "Yamraj" on the way to the clinic. I asked him whether he knew the meaning of his name. He smiled but didn't reply.

Well, there you are; the peculiarities of human life. One of the things that most people have no control over is their own names. They are stuck with whatever their parents or guardians thought was good for them and by the time they realize that something else would have been better, their names are already in their school certificates and passports and changing to some other preferred name would mean "an uphill task", which most avoid.
But there's another side to this matter. We read in the book of Proverbs,
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favour and a good name in the sight of God and man. (Proverbs 3:3, 4)
Inference: We can win a good name in the sight of God and man, no matter what name we have.

Back