Recognizing Our Shepherd and Our Faith as Christ's Sheep

Sheep aren't dumb it's just SOME people think they are.
They are gentle creatures. They need looking after.
Goats don't. But they go looking for trouble. Its hard work keeping goats.

That's why the Lord is our Shepherd. We need lots of loving care. If God thinks we are dumb, well, what can we say. Humans aren't really that intelligent! And of course, children aren't very smart. We can laugh, but we all do stupid things at times.

It's the criminals who think they are smarter than God though.

A good movie to watch is Shaun the Sheep. I love that series. So cute! And actually, Shaun is pretty smart but the dog thinks he's smarter just cos he's in charge. lol

Goats and sheep have very different personalities and you can't have them together. The goats will bully the sheep. Goats get into everything and are very independent. They eat weeds, sheep only eat grass. Kids are young goats.

I have never had kid or goat meat, its not something that's sold here. Goats will thrive on rocky mountains and poor soil, but Sheep need richer, gentler pastures.

Goats are very playful, independent, and can be stubborn. I remember being swarmed by the goats as they sought attention. If you petted or played with one you had better be prepared to do the same for another.

Goats love brush and eat grass when they run out of tree bark, brush of all sorts including berry bushes. A goat to can literally kill a young tree in time if that is the only brush to be found in their grazing area.

cp

Sheep aren't dumb it's just SOME people think they are.
They are gentle creatures. They need looking after.
Goats don't. But they go looking for trouble. Its hard work keeping goats.

That's why the Lord is our Shepherd. We need lots of loving care. If God thinks we are dumb, well, what can we say. Humans aren't really that intelligent! And of course, children aren't very smart. We can laugh, but we all do stupid things at times.

It's the criminals who think they are smarter than God though.

A good movie to watch is Shaun the Sheep. I love that series. So cute! And actually, Shaun is pretty smart but the dog thinks he's smarter just cos he's in charge. lol

I'll see if I can find this series "Shaun the sheep."

cp

Goats are very playful, independent, and can be stubborn. I remember being swarmed by the goats as they sought attention. If you petted or played with one you had better be prepared to do the same for another.

Goats love brush and eat grass when they run out of tree bark, brush of all sorts including berry bushes. A goat to can literally kill a young tree in time if that is the only brush to be found in their grazing area.

cp

Not only that, but when they eat grass they pull the roots out with the grass and the grass then all dies.

That is the reason for the wars and battles fought in the old west 200 years ago. The sheep would wipe out the grass lands.

Sheep do better in drier, cooler climates than wet. Only cos when they are wet their wool gets all damp and their feet get prone to rot.
They also get a bit exhausted in the heat. Imagine having to wear a woolly coat all the time. So it's important that they are sheared.

Sheep need foot baths.

Most famous and highly prized sheep breed in NZ is merino. Originally from Spain.

In NZ, if you don't know anyone on a farm you can go to places like Sheepworld and see sheep being sheared.
Though actually I've never been to this Sheepworld. One day!

I watched She Shears.
It was kinda cool to watch, something hypnotic about watching sheep being sheared. Hard work though, you have to be quite fit and have a good back cos you bending down all the time with the sheep. It's also a bit strange that some men still had attitudes towards women, as if women couldn't do it too.

I suspect men want to keep the most fun jobs to themselves lol.

Back