Reflecting God's Glory

Dusty

Inactive
Reflecting God's Glory

This is a quote from Max Lucado's Book " Just Like Jesus "

2 Corinthians 3:18 .......And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect( Or Contemplate )the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

THe purpose of worship is to change the face of the worshipper . That is exactly what happened to Christi on the mountain . Jesus appearance was cahnged . His face became bright like the sun . Matthew 17:2..... There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.

THe connection between the face and worship is more than coincidental . OUr face is the most public part of our bodies , covered less than any other area . It is also the most recognizable part of our bodies.

We don't fill a school annual with photos of people's feet but rather photos of faces .

God desires to take our faces , this exposed and memorable part of our bodies and use them to reflect His goodness .

Dusty, did you know the "presence" of God that Adam and Eve hid from, Jonah ran from, and Cain left . is translated literally "face" in the hebrew?

Food for thought in harmony with your thought .

Wow.... Thanks Michael . That is cool . I am learning something new every day. Praise be to God .

Genesis 32:30 So Jacob named the place Peniel, for he said, "I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved."

"Peniel" : "panah-el" -- God's face, God's presence

Back