Relationship with an "unbeliever"? Help

I am In need of some great help. I've been with my gf for 5 years and I am 20 yrs old. I recently just started to find my faith in GOD by a minister at my university around 2 months ago. I gave my life to Christ and I am going to do whatever it takes to follow him. I am quite new to everything, I did not grow up religious. My gf believes in GOD and Jesus but has never read the bible or other things that what being Christian entails. I know there is a scripture in 2 Corinthians 6 14:18 about being with an "unbeliever". So she is technically not living how a true "believer" should in the "born again" sense. How do I approach this relationship? I love this woman and she has been with me throughout everything I have faced in my life and vice versa. In my heart, it does not feel right to just abandon her because she does not know any better. I know that if I help guide her there is a high chance she will be open to everything about Christianity. But it will most likely result because she loves me. This is wrong she needs to do it for herself and Jesus because building that relationship is what it is all about and not to just please me. So what do I do I am stuck? Any advice on how to approach this?

I am In need of some great help. I've been with my gf for 5 years and I am 20 yrs old. I recently just started to find my faith in GOD by a minister at my university around 2 months ago. I gave my life to Christ and I am going to do whatever it takes to follow him. I am quite new to everything, I did not grow up religious. My gf believes in GOD and Jesus but has never read the bible or other things that what being Christian entails. I know there is a scripture in 2 Corinthians 6 14:18 about being with an "unbeliever". So she is technically not living how a true "believer" should in the "born again" sense. How do I approach this relationship? I love this woman and she has been with me throughout everything I have faced in my life and vice versa. In my heart, it does not feel right to just abandon her because she does not know any better. I know that if I help guide her there is a high chance she will be open to everything about Christianity. But it will most likely result because she loves me. This is wrong she needs to do it for herself and Jesus because building that relationship is what it is all about and not to just please me. So what do I do I am stuck? Any advice on how to approach this?
LOTS OF PRAYER you two need to talk do it out of love . this is a tough road all this depends on how open her heart is. dont hammer her but stress to her the importance of her needing to be saved.
does she attend church with you? me personally ease into the talk . the scripture be not unequally yoked is tough . pray about it then when the time is right .talk to her if her heart is open she should hear you out. dont give up on her keep praying..

does she know how serious you are in your relationship with Christ ? once again saturate it in heavy prayer . you will know when the time is right.
o what do I do I am stuck?

i dont think your as stuck as you think.. this is a hard task but you can do this

I know that if I help guide her there is a high chance she will be open to everything about Christianity. But it will most likely result because she loves me. This is wrong she needs to do it for herself and Jesus because building that relationship is what it is all about and not to just please me. So what do I do I am stuck? Any advice on how to approach this?
If you help her (as you put it) there will be ‘a lower chance’. It’s really a work of the Holy Spirit to convict, quicken and enlighten. Pray and be an example to her.

What, she has never read the Bible?
Does she even have one?

How about go to a bible study group and invite her along. Maybe there is a women's group so you won't be in the same group, so it won't be like she is going just because you are going.

Does she even have one?

How about go to a bible study group and invite her along. Maybe there is a women's group so you won't be in the same group, so it won't be like she is going just because you are going.
Hello, no she has not read the bible nor has one. I've started my journey by going to bible studies here on my college campus. I am just trying to figure out how to get her open to maybe going to a bible study!

Thomas200 - I would like to make a suggestion if I may. Use the links below and sit down with her and start reading the Old Testament Book of Genesis, Chapters 1 through 4.

Genesis Chapter 4 ends with the birth of Seth. Then go to the New Testament Book of Luke, Chapter 3, and show her verses 23 to 38 which shows the ancestry of Christ from Seth through to Mary and the step father of Christ, Joseph. Explain to her that the Old Testament is essentially a history lesson about the ancestry of Christ, and the New Testament is a history lesson on the life of Christ, His works, His miracles and His persecution, His earthly death, His resurrection and His legacy for us all.

If she is interested at all in history, this approach may allow her to see how approximately 4000 years of ancestry and history led to the birth and life of Christ and what it means to be a believer and a Christian. Blessings and may the initial studies with her go well.

Scriptural Links:

The Book of Genesis 1

The Book of Luke 3

`

Hello Thomas200;

You're getting some great ministering from your new friends in Christ to your thread, Relationship with an"unbeliever?" Help

Your having a 5 year relationship with your girlfriend is very impressive. Your coming to the Lord a couple of months ago is a sign that your relationship is growing to a new level and what greater level than a new found faith in Christ.

However, it may take time (God's time) with your girlfriend, afterall, it took time to arrive where you are today. As others have said, let her see the positive change in you, the light of Jesus in you.

As Lanolin posted, is there a campus or neighborhood bible study you both can attend, or a women's group that may have others that can relate to her? In prayer, God will open that door with an opportunity to group study of the Bible for you both of perhaps a women's group for new beginners.

When you are ready, a bible can make a great gift if she doesn't have one.

We're praying the Lord will move in your relationship. Hang in there.

God bless you, Thomas and your girlfriend.

pray for her talk to her in love show your concern. that is all you can do is plant the seed . dont push it if she is not comfortable with it. cross note is right IT take the Holy Spirit to draw her in
one plants one waters God gives the increase . after you talk to her .let her know if she wants to talk you will listen. after that be your self dont over do it.. we tend to want to push God timeline and want to help him out

Does she even have one?
if your Lost most likely you wont read the Bible.. she probably has some knowledge.. when i got saved i knew i was lost but i did not read the Bible , after i got saved i then read the Bible . hopefully she attends church with him

It can help the person new to all things Biblical to try the visual first. Here's some options:

BBC's Nativity, 2008. 2 hours. It's also a good discussion started for romantic partners who are close. Amazon, etc.
Zefirelli's JESUS OF NAZARETH, 1977. 7 hours. Pureflix, etc.
THE CHOSEN. The most elaborate feature series of all about Christ. It has some extra character development but these are usually in line. It has its own app.

After some of that it may be good to do what was mentioned above--read the opening of Genesis. You could also read the presentation in Acts 17 that was made to Greek philosophers without any background in the Bible, and see how Paul sounds when doing so. Then you might go to Romans 1-3 because half-way through ch 1, it is very much written as though the person had no background at all until half of ch 2 when he is talking to fellow Jews.

Back