Relationships @ Young Ages

Relationships @ Young Ages

Im a 13 year old boy, and im wondering if God condones me getting into a relationship with this girl i really like. It won't be premarital or anything (i know thats wrong on all counts) but I might jsut kiss her if the relationship is successful. Is this a properly Christian thing to do?

Sylvanus said:
Hello Matark !! :) And welcome to the Forums !!

, find a place where lots of guys would give you so much tips and things to think about. Then pray loads. That what Jesus would do I think, Give God the first fruit of your efforts, get to have some sort of permanent link with Him, and then I KNOW all your ways will be succesful.

'Hope that helps

What do you mean by this? How do i give god the "fruits of my efforts" (and how do i sow them)? What do you mean by finding a place where guys would give me tips, on what?

Im not baptised because my parents dont particularily like me being christian so i cant for about 5 years until im 18... And on another note, the community is here sure is friendly...

First fruits

Wow! How this fits in. Today the guest speaker at our church talked about giving God the first fruits of our day, as in tithing our TIME in personal devotion and Bible Study! A TITHE of time. That's 96 minutes if you count a tenth of a 16 hour waking day. That was quite a challenge to me. How about anyone else?

Sylvanus said:
OK, sorry, termology. By the first fruit of your efforts, I meant that whatever you decide to do, first, you must do it for God, and second, if possible, it should also give something to God first. God must always come first in all things. As for what the fruit is, you can check the reply to your other thread, they are the fruits of the spirit.

:

Still not clear on this... so lets say i decide to ask her out, how would god be included in such an event?

Im a 13 year old boy, and im wondering if God condones me getting into a relationship with this girl i really like. It won't be premarital or anything (i know thats wrong on all counts) but I might jsut kiss her if the relationship is successful. Is this a properly Christian thing to do?

Hi matark,

I see that you are only 13 years old. From my experience, once you get attach to the opposite sex, you will want more than just friendly hugging and kissing. You will want more and more about your friend.

Please wait to have a girl friend. Be happy with platonic relationships with everyone. If you were my kid I would say you wait until you are an age where you are ready to be married. If you are a Christian, God has plenty of things for you to do other than work with complicated relationships. :)

Hi matark,

If you were my kid I would say you wait until you are an age where you are ready to be married.

What would age matter for a formal relationship? I know that I am mature enough to handle the constraints of being near someone i like and i know that, god willing, my temptations will be subsided.. Sorry for my obstinate view on this... but Im getting both sides of the coin on this subject

What would age matter for a formal relationship? I know that I am mature enough to handle the constraints of being near someone i like and i know that, god willing, my temptations will be subsided.. Sorry for my obstinate view on this... but Im getting both sides of the coin on this subject

I am not your mother so I cannot enforce my standard on you. I just gave you what I would tell my kids. BTW, my standard comes from what I am learning from the Bible. Jesus tells us to be holy as He is holy.

Matark,

Its too bad you can't find a Church with an active youth group that gets together and goes on outings. You are a little bit young for "dating" and a steady relationship with a girl. You are still in your bowling or movie with a group years. I would hold off to date one on one untill you are at LEAST 16 or 17.

Don't try and grow up too fast. I really wish that I hadn't got involved with adult things as quickly as I did in the sixties. I look back and realize how much of my youth I lost and can never get back. When I was your age I lost myself to the crowd and emulated the teens that were much older than me. I can tell you that it was a disaster and set the stage for many years of heartache and destruction. Good luck kid, I will be praying for you.

Steve

Relationships

Hey I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me but when I think having relationships before you are marring age is a good idea. It lets you know who’s out there who you'll be compatible with etc. When I was 13 I started to have boyfriends. It’s a lot of fun at your age "who likes who?" "Will this girl go to the dance with me" and I don't think you should miss it. You do have to think about not letting temptation get the best of you though. I also think its important to have a relationship with God, but I disagree with a lot of people on these message boards because I think God would have different advice for a person living in our time than he gave 2000 years ago. I think it would be ok with him to have boyfriends or girlfriends but he'd still want you to wait ‘til marriage to have that very special relationship!

Hey I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me but when I think having relationships before you are marring age is a good idea. It lets you know who’s out there who you'll be compatible with etc. When I was 13 I started to have boyfriends. It’s a lot of fun at your age "who likes who?" "Will this girl go to the dance with me" and I don't think you should miss it. You do have to think about not letting temptation get the best of you though. I also think its important to have a relationship with God, but I disagree with a lot of people on these message boards because I think God would have different advice for a person living in our time than he gave 2000 years ago. I think it would be ok with him to have boyfriends or girlfriends but he'd still want you to wait ‘til marriage to have that very special relationship!

a very immature point of view eh!

hey do you think Christianity and life itself is all about fun? Know what the right things at the wrong time are the wrong things. Regarding relationships, i believe God has standards, and i truly believe we should be in line with it. You can read "i kissed dating goodbye" by Joshua Harris.. And can u refer to any bible verse regarding ur claim that God would agree in having boyfriends/girlfriends at an early age.. I think that thinking is just pure self-gloryfying, self-satisfaction. It's not bad to be happy to have fun, but we should put it in the right perspective

Allowing 13 year olds to date one on one is a recipe for disaster. Group activities are Ok but they are not ready for relationships at 13. When I see parents that I know letting their young teens date, wear full makeup, and dress like eighteen year olds, it makes me sad. Many of these parents want to be friends with their children more than they want to be parents. Then they will also be surprised when their daughter turns up pregnant, or their 14 year old son is suddenly "a daddy". Its just digusting.

Steve

The earlier you start the journey, the younger you will be when you arrive at the destination. If you start dating at 13, you will be pressured to sin much younger, when you are less able to deal with the tempation. Dating, in the end, is for finding your mate, looking for a wife/husband. I know media likes to present these "innocent" relationships as beautiful, but they really are just opening a doorway. While in itself it may not be sin, to live a truely sinless life means avoiding temptation.

Back