religion

James 1:26-27 KJV
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. [27] Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I don't think that people turn from Jesus because of bad experiences with anyone; it's simply one of many excuses that people give for not accepting Him.

Although how a Christian witnesses to others is critical. I'm sure there are more than a few that are overzealous. Will it be a valid excuse on judgment day? Of course not.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

That takes out a significant percentage right off the bat.

Plus, being willing to "die to self" (Gal 2:20) is not necessarily a pleasant thing to consider.

Accepting the fact that there is a more intelligent 'Being' than us is hard for many to ponder (pride).

My dad was a pastor for many years, and that poor man experienced many things a pastor shouldn't. I've seen more than a few leave the church and not return.

I don't think that people turn from Jesus because of bad experiences with anyone; it's simply one of many excuses that people give for not accepting Him.
I could not agree more. They simply do not want a relation with Christ. They believe, therefore, they must come up with some justification for their rejection no matter flimsy. They just need something they can point to and say this is the reason. It is not my fault.

I could not agree more. They simply do not want a relation with Christ. They believe, therefore, they must come up with some justification for their rejection no matter flimsy. They just need something they can point to and say this is the reason. It is not my fault.
Although you have to look at both sides. Just as an abused child is not justified in growing up to be a child molester or serial killer, he or she still starts off life at a disadvantage.

Christians are responsible (pastors even more so) for leading others to Christ. If they do it in a rude and judgmental manner they are doing a great disservice for the cause of Christ.

Christians who live like the devil through the week displaying no loyalty to Christ do the same thing. Others pay attention to us more than we think.

At the end of the day, however, you are right, there will be no excuse. Christians have to be very careful about how we act. Because we will be without excuse also.

Although how a Christian witnesses to others is critical. I'm sure there are more than a few that are overzealous. Will it be a valid excuse on judgment day? Of course not.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

That takes out a significant percentage right off the bat.

Plus, being willing to "die to self" (Gal 2:20) is not necessarily a pleasant thing to consider.

Accepting the fact that there is a more intelligent 'Being' than us is hard for many to ponder (pride).

My dad was a pastor for many years, and that poor man experienced many things a pastor shouldn't. I've seen more than a few leave the church and not return.
All religion is nothing more than a belief . the ashiest and agnostic are religious the same goes with the majority of the lost , the believe in God in Jesus in the Bible but are not saved . some will think they are saved due to just believing . its from the heart and with the mouth we confess . God gives us a new heart from a stony heart to a heart that knows Him.

it takes Holy Ghost conviction and drawing . we all will be held accountable for the good and the bad. . its a tough job being a pastor . the way to know if the calling is true or of oneself . when you get knocked down do you stay down or get back up? same with a Christian i been in some churches . who if your not there flavor your not welcome

Last edited:
Back