Reports on the death of an enemy

Panda

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I have seen a lot of reports this morning about people dancing and rejoicing at the death of a man who has personified evil in the minds of the Western World for the past decade.

I encourage each of you not to rejoice in this death. We must not celebrate the death of any man, even our enemies. I will not celebrate the death of another man, the creation of a figurehead for revenge, nor the entrance of the wicked into Eternal punishment.

Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles, lest the LORD see it and be displeased, and turn away his anger from him. ~Proverbs 24:17

"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD; so turn, and live." ~Ezekiel 18:32

Last night when I heard, I did not feel the joy that I was seeing those around me experiencing. As I wondered if there was something wrong with me for feeling sorrow, the Proverbs verse you posted came to me last night, and I posted it on-line (someplace other than this forum). This morning, on the radio, they mentioned both of those verses you posted, and it was comforting to know that I was not the only one who is not rejoicing in this event.

I have seen a lot of reports this morning about people dancing and rejoicing at the death of a man who has personified evil in the minds of the Western World for the past decade.

I encourage each of you not to rejoice in this death. We must not celebrate the death of any man, even our enemies. I will not celebrate the death of another man, the creation of a figurehead for revenge, nor the entrance of the wicked into Eternal punishment.

Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles, lest the LORD see it and be displeased, and turn away his anger from him. ~Proverbs 24:17

"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD; so turn, and live." ~Ezekiel 18:32

Amen Banarenth!!!

That is exactly what I was feeling and thinking but didn't know how to word it. You are absolutely right. We should NOT celebrate the death of anyone.

Thank you for posting these scripture verses. They say it all.

I wish that I could feel like Osama's death meant a change for the better in the world, but I feel that he was becoming unimportant anyway, other than as a symbol. The hate for the West is well developed and has many other figures to fuel and fan the flames, so I doubt that his death will do more than provide an excuse for more violence.

I wish that I could feel like Osama's death meant a change for the better in the world, but I feel that he was becoming unimportant anyway, other than as a symbol. The hate for the West is well developed and has many other figures to fuel and fan the flames, so I doubt that his death will do more than provide an excuse for more violence.

I agree. Hatred just breeds more hatred.

Romans 12:19 . . . "Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath;
for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

I know that many will disagree with my viewpoints but I'd like to step back to 9/11. Horrible as it was (and it was terrible), personally, I feel a great opportunity was missed then. Much of the world was in shock and perhaps could have been a drive for some form of (I suppose) world understanding/peace.

Instead from our side we declare a "war on terror" (whatever that means and one person's "terrorist" is usually another's "freedom fighter"), divided at least one nation (I don't know how it is elsewhere in the world but opinions are very divided in the UK) over Iraq and Afghanistan while IMO probably aiding the "other side's" recruiting into the "hate game".

Like you, I don't believe Bin Laden's death will make any real difference. He was a "symptom" rather than the "root cause" and I see no reason to believe that those who share his grudges/hatred will not simply regroup and add another bit of "revenge" (for which I suppose we will then have to extract further revenge) in the cycles of hatred.

Back