Rerouted Motives

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator

Some come searching for God and find a Saviour from sin. (<---me)
Some come searching for a Saviour from sin and find God.
Others yet, search for love and find God their Saviour from sin. (<---my wife)

What has been your observation/experience of the redeemed?

? probably the middle one for me, because Jesus is the way the truth and the life.

When sin has hurt you and there's no hope to be found anywhere else..only Jesus can save you.

I don't think being a christian for me meant I must have found religion or was trying out different things and accidently became a christian anyway. I think it really was that Jesus saving me from sin was going to be the only way to find (a relationship with) God.

What I have observed in people who cone to God is that they change dramatically. Whether it be slowly or quickly, their charactercter changes. Gone are the old ways. They have new values and The Holy Spirit guides them/us and gives them the will and power to overcome. Even their faces change, a new peace is within them ad it is visible in their face. One of the.most beautiful things I have seen is when peoples face shine as they sing praise to God.

It is not just the person that changes, their whole life changes. God is amazing.

What I have observed in people who cone to God is that they change dramatically. Whether it be slowly or quickly, their charactercter changes. Gone are the old ways. They have new values and The Holy Spirit guides them/us and gives them the will and power to overcome. Even their faces change, a new peace is within them ad it is visible in their face. One of the.most beautiful things I have seen is when peoples face shine as they sing praise to God.

It is not just the person that changes, their whole life changes. God is amazing.
Right, but what I’m trying to get at is people will come to the Lord for one reason but find after coming they discover other reasons. For example, I came to the Lord seeking such things as truth and which was the true God (if any), but afterwards, I realized my true need was forgiveness of my sins, yet others may initially come because they sense their urgent need to be forgiven and later come to deeply know God. Even others, like my wife, came desperately to be loved because her father mistreated her, but later became aware of her deep depravity.

Back