Resetting Boundaries for Christ

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

Do some of us get overwhelmed with doing too much?

My wife and I had an agreement during Thanksgiving and Christmas 2019. I took a much needed rest away from ministry and went down to San Diego for two weeks and stayed at my Dad and stepmom's home, visited family and a few close friends from childhood. I was careful not to over commit my visits and just relaxed and got plenty of sleep.

Hazel took her siblings to Christmas in the Park in San Jose and Great America Amusement Park in Santa Clara for New Year's Eve.

When it was time for me to come home, I was ready and felt refreshed.

In 2020 I'm finally done with seminary and this has allowed me to pray about continuing the ministry God has called me but also to set new boundaries.

No matter where we are or what we are doing, it's important to stay within our capacities of what we do daily keeping in mind not to overextend ourselves. That was my problem these last 2 1/2 years. I would go to bed many nights after feeling so tired, thinking about the things I didn't finish or had to do the next day. It made me anxious.

Proverbs 3:24, 24 If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

During January I'm going to take Hazel away, just the two of us for a few days.

And in Proverbs 8:17, 17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

I thank God for carrying me through the busyness of the last two years, but for helping me set my new time schedule this year, much these days with my wife.

I'm praying we can all take a look at our boundaries and ask God to guide us through our tasks but also to make time to get refreshed.

God bless you all and your families.

Proverbs 3:24, 24 If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
This verse doesnt seem to have much meaning when looking at it first glance. I can assume that this is when a person has a clear conscience.
Its important to note that not all proverbs are supposed to be isolated verses. I like to read chapters on it. Each chapter of proverbs has a certain theme. Different verses are buildups to other understandings and other verses.

This verse doesnt seem to have much meaning when looking at it first glance. I can assume that this is when a person has a clear conscience.
Its important to note that not all proverbs are supposed to be isolated verses. I like to read chapters on it. Each chapter of proverbs has a certain theme. Different verses are buildups to other understandings and other verses.

Hello Prycejosh1987;

Yes, agreed. When we add the previous and after verses to a passage, it gives us the main verb and context revealing God's unlimited Word.

We also need to discern the single verb, even in the one verse that Solomon was offering wisdom meaning to young people growing in their faith but hindered in their peace and calm.

We cannot limit God whether one verse or extended passages. He can do great things with both.

God bless you, Prycejosh1987 and your family.

Back