Retired Pastoring.

Been studying Religion since I was a kid. I mean like every kind I could think of I attended to see what their higher power was.
Now 61 my days are simpler, I am not really connected to a church and I am retired. Most places today want fresh, exciting faces.
So I am looking at ways to serve God and is why I started this thread as a discussion for what ever others might do. Or plan to do.

We have a grandchild, and our kids. One has autism and keeps our days busy most times. I have been helping my son start his own business
Opening next month.
And well Patches ( hes a Malapoo) here in the picture, sorry about the sun glasses. He is shy about the public.
he is three and smart, love him allot such a kind soul he has. We got him when he was one, from a kill shelter he only had like 3 days left.
Was wonder as a pup the streets in California, so long story short we ended up bringing him up to Oregon where we have lived now 30 years I think. But I try and find ways to help others. I am in a way in retirement doing a small ministry to share the word.
Its fun, low pressure and helpful. But as you get older, trying to pastor full time becomes tiring so.
Now retired there is empty spots that are hard to fill.
So curious what others do ? I already volunteer and actually help others invest smartly as they get older. Also design stock trading software.
But I need the Lords work, as that is the only think that keeps me grounded.

Attachments

• 20240716_080242-modified.png
    20240716_080242-modified.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 0
Hello RootedWithGod;

Since you've retired with your wife, grown up children, grandchildren and Patches, that's your current ministry, besides wherever God sends you.

I used to serve 55+ hours a week including "on call" when a person goes to emergency at midnight, giving last rites to someone at their bed breathing their final breath and visitations at prison or men's recovery facilities. It took me away from my wife Hazel and though she was very supportive of my calling, it wasn't always easy to take time off with her.

Two years ago when I stepped down, a younger minister succeeded me and today I spend more time with Hazel.

Our former Pastor's days never end with God. We are Pastors for life but He defines our capacities when sending us to do His Will, in my case my wife and family.

I still officiate funerals, weddings, baby Christenings and fill in to preach at Churches that don't have a Pastor (yet) when needed. I also share with God that I'm available for these areas to serve. He will respond because the workers still remain few.

As far as those empty spots, I enjoy sleeping in till 8am, going to Black Bear Diner and have coffee with a friend or stay up till midnight.

RootedWithGod, from reading your thread I feel you are exactly where you are to be, with your wonderful family and enjoying the fruits of your labor and retirement.

God bless you, brother, and thank you for allowing me to share.

Back