Revelation 13:18 A Call for Wisdom

I was going through, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to shew unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass." and came to the very famous passage in the 18th verse of the 13th chapter, which is:

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." Revelation 13:18

As I read this passage I thought this question, "Is this the only place in scripture that makes mention of this beast, this man, and this number?"

I've have always known this passage to be exclusively connected to Revelation 13:18; but I am curious if anyone has come across any of these elements elsewhere?

Mark of the Beast Mirror.jpg

Interesting thought. I looked up the number 666 in the Bible and I did find somewhere else that this number is mentioned.

1kings 10:14, "Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,"

It seems that the number of gold that Solomon made in one year equals 666. This is an interesting discovery. I never thought to look at another place where the number 666 is found in the Bible. I wonder if their is any significance with this connection...

What do you think?

In peace

I personally do not look for these numerical signs from Bible. Because it would be reading between the lines and may be extrapolating something which is not intended. But I did find this a while back when trying to learn about 666. While we may not find a reference to 666, we do find many things refer to just 6. And we can understand that 666 is an unholy trinity - satan, false prophet and antichrist. It tries to mimic Holy Trinity and false short of perfection of God. While 7 signifies perfection of God or God Himself, 6 would point to something fake that acts like God.

http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/6.html
http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/7.html

*** STAFF EDIT: Rule 7 and 7.1 --- The links in this post go to a website which sells goods or services or solicits donations. Members are advised to be wary of ANY such donation requests or sales and to research the group making the request or sales and to PRAY before sending ANY donation or before purchasing any goods or services.***

May be above links will prompt you for more study! I have not paid much attention to this myself. I know some preachers are obsessed with this and believe it unlocks lot of mystery.

*** STAFF EDIT: Rule 7 and 7.1 --- The links in this post go to a website which sells goods or services or solicits donations. Members are advised to be wary of ANY such donation requests or sales and to research the group making the request or sales and to PRAY before sending ANY donation or before purchasing any goods or services.***
My Apologies! I did not realize that. I will be careful with future posts.

Interesting thought. I looked up the number 666 in the Bible and I did find somewhere else that this number is mentioned.

1kings 10:14, "Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,"

It seems that the number of gold that Solomon made in one year equals 666. This is an interesting discovery. I never thought to look at another place where the number 666 is found in the Bible. I wonder if their is any significance with this connection...

What do you think?

In peace

I too think that is an interesting connection and I'm not entirely sure if it is purely coincidental. Especially as Rev 13:18 opens up with "Here is wisdom" with the possibility of connecting this unique account with Solomon, the wisest man of his time (now second to Jesus) with this "Mark of the Beast". It made me think of what lead ultimately to Solomon's downfall which was excess and overall disobedience. Solomon multiplied horses, wives, and gold; directly disobeying what God said not to do (see Deuteronomy 17:16-17 vs 1 Kings 10 & 11) which lead to worship idols and false gods (e.g. Ashtoreth and Molek).

With all that being said, my thought process brought me to this point in time, asking myself, "Is that going on today?". That is, this same level of idol worship and disobedience?

Thoughts?

"Is that going on today?"

If one looks at the motivation of all the worlds governments and society as a whole.
They very well could be heading down that same path.

Money worship and all the things that it can buy.

But then one would ask...what does Jesus have to say about it ?
He is greater than Solomon

I think the connection between how many talents Solomon made in a year, and the connection to the mark to be fascinating.
Remember you will not be able to buy or sell without the mark.
And Solomon had what could be said to be the pinnacle of wealth, which is what countless are going after even up to this point in time.

I too think that is an interesting connection and I'm not entirely sure if it is purely coincidental. Especially as Rev 13:18 opens up with "Here is wisdom" with the possibility of connecting this unique account with Solomon, the wisest man of his time (now second to Jesus) with this "Mark of the Beast". It made me think of what lead ultimately to Solomon's downfall which was excess and overall disobedience. Solomon multiplied horses, wives, and gold; directly disobeying what God said not to do (see Deuteronomy 17:16-17 vs 1 Kings 10 & 11) which lead to worship idols and false gods (e.g. Ashtoreth and Molek).

With all that being said, my thought process brought me to this point in time, asking myself, "Is that going on today?". That is, this same level of idol worship and disobedience?

Thoughts?
Hmmm. The connection between Solomon increasing in wealth being linked to worship of false idols and disobedience to God seems like an interesting connection.

It always baffled me how so many people are going to willfully accept the Mark when it comes to completion. Most of these people are going be our everyday churchgoers! The people that are suppose to have all the wisdom in understanding the consequences of accepting the mark, will one day accept the same thing that they preached against. This realization baffles my mind and makes me ask a question: What can cause someone to accept the mark when they know the consequences?

Any thoughts?

In peace

Back