Revelation. Vision 3. Christ the Might Victor.

Christ the Mighty Victor.

Man is vividly conscience that he is unable to meet the demands of a just God. Thus the need for the Mediator, an advocate with the Father, One who is a faithful friend and who fully knows our cause. He needs to be able to protect our highest interests, and deliver us from the enemy.

It is Christ who has secured the supreme victory over the greatest foe. He has decisively triumphed in the age-long battle of good and evil, truth and error, light and darkness, life and death.

Christ the Mighty Victor has never suffered defeat; at Golgotha He gained a mighty triumph, an unprecedented conquest, and an incomparable victory.

Christ`s Scriptural Identity.

`Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.`(Rev. 12: 1)

We are now shown from where the deliverer would come. In Genesis 3: 15 God foretold that the `seed,` of woman would crush the serpent, (Satan). The deliverer would come as a seed, not a tree, meaning not fully grown. He would also come through God`s special nation of Israel. This is shown by the symbols `sun, moon and stars,` representing Jacob, Rachael and their 12 sons, the tribes of Israel. (Gen. 37: 9)

Satan`s Scriptural Identity.

Next we see read of Satan`s origins. He came from the heavens to the area of the earth. He had aspired to be as God but was cast down and with him a third of the angelic hosts.

`And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a fiery red dragon having 7 heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his head. His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth.`(Rev. 12: 3 & 4)

This description of Satan reveals him as one who masquerades as an angel of light and then shows his authority over the kingdoms of this world. Note the word `seven,` in Heb. means to be complete. He has complete control over the kingdoms of the world. (John 5: 16)

Red – fire like – flame coloured, fig. lightning. (2 Cor. 11: 14 Luke 10: 18)

Dragon – a fabulous kind of serpent , to fascinate. (2 Thess. 2: 9)

7 heads – Complete authority. (1 John 5: 19)

7 diadems – Complete rulership. (Matt. 4: 8 & 9)

10 horns - Lawlessness, power. (Eph. 2: 2. 2 Thess. 2: 8 & 9)

Jesus the Promised Child.

Jesus is the promised Son, the Child that Israel would bring forth to be the ruler of Israel and the kingdoms of the world.

`For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder.....upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,.....from that time forward, even forever.`(Isaiah 9; 6 & 7)

Satan, through King Herod tried to kill Jesus when He was born. (Matt. 2: 16)

`Then being with child, she cried out in labour and in pain to give birth......And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth,
to devour her Child as soon as it was born.` (Rev. 12: 2 & 3))

Jesus was born of David`s line, in the nation of Israel. He is their Messiah but they did not receive Him. After His crucifixion and resurrection, He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father on His throne ready to `rule the nations with a rod of iron.` (Ps. 2: 9 Rev. 2: 27)

`She bore a male Child who was to rule the nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.`(Rev. 12: 5)

Israel, the Woman.

We now move in time from where Jesus was taken into heaven, to the time where He told Israel to `flee to the mountains.` (Matt. 24: 15 – 21)

`Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there 1260 days.` (Rev. 12: 6)

The archangel Michael, Israel`s `great Prince who stands guard` over them, is now brought into the battle to protect the nation from Satan and his evil angels. (Dan. 12: 1)

`And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon & his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.`(Rev. 12: 7 & 8)

`So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil & Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast out to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.`(Rev. 12: 9)

Declaration of Christ`s Kingdom Rule.

This voice would be a representative of the Body of Christ - `our God,` our brethren.`

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven,“Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come,
For the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before God day and night, has been cast down, and they overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them!”(Rev. 12: 10 – 12)

Then we see the outworking of this when Satan is cast to the earth and seeks to destroy Israel.

“ Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”(Rev. 12: 12)

Satan then sends forth spirits of demons who go out to the kings of the whole world to gather them together for war against Israel. (Rev. 16: 13 – 16)

`Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, He persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.` (Rev. 12: 13)

The great `eagle,` is a symbolic picture of God who `bore them on eagle`s wings,` in times past. (Ex. 19: 4)

`But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.`(Rev. 12: 14)

The symbolic picture of this great world army is as a flood that covers the land. After Christ has dealt with this great army the blood of the slain then soaks into the earth giving the picture of the earth `swallowing the flood.`

`So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.`(Rev. 12: 15 & 16)

We are also shown that it is not only Israel that Satan is against but those who have received the message of Christ, Israel`s Messiah and His coming kingdom.

`And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, Who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.`(Rev. 12: 17)

I was wondering about this coming Kingdom, for those who don't live anywhere near the new Jerusalem...how will we get there? I mean will we all visit it or will we just all live there permanently? I'm just thinking how many people would fit in that city. Or how many in Israel itself..its not a huge piece of land as far as land goes.

Hi Lanolin,

The coming kingdom rulership of the Lord is over Israel, who has been promised to be the ruler over the nations.

Our inheritance is elsewhere.

Hi Lanolin,

The coming kingdom rulership of the Lord is over Israel, who has been promised to be the ruler over the nations.

Our inheritance is elsewhere.

Can you explain or unpack that for me a little? All I heard was, NZ would supply Israel with pine logs. Not sure why, but apparently they need them for something.

Can you explain or unpack that for me a little? All I heard was, NZ would supply Israel with pine logs. Not sure why, but apparently they need them for something.

Hi Lanolin,

How kind of you to ask. Now Israel was promised (through the Prophets) that they would rule over the nations of the world. When Jesus came to His own, (Israel) He spoke to them about God`s promises to them.

`Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers.` (Rom. 15: 8)

The parables in Matthew 13 are about the promises to Israel. For example the `mustard seed that was the least grew into a great tree where all the birds came to nest. (Matt. 13: 31 & 32)

Jesus was referring to the promise recorded in Ezekiel.

Thus says the Lord God: "I will take also one of the highest branches of the cedar and set it out. I will crop off the topmost of its young twigs a tender one, and will plant it on a high and prominent mountain.

On the mountain height of Israel I will plant it; and it will bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a majestic cedar. Under it will dwell birds of every sort; in the shadow of its branches they will dwell.` (Ez. 17: 22 & 23)

This means that Israel will rule over all the other nations who will come and dwell under its (Godly) rule. This is in the millennium and in eternity. (Micah 4: 1 - 3)

`Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us of His ways, and we shall walk in His paths...`` (Micah 4: 2)

Hope that is helpful, Marilyn.

Back