Rotting from Within

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Rotting from Within
"No one calls for justice, nor does any plead for truth. They trust in empty words and speak lies; they conceive evil and bring forth iniquity."
—Isaiah 59:4

We’re living in a time of amazing contradictions. As we look at the turmoil in our nation, we see that America is reaping the results of years of disobedience to God and His Word. We have worked so hard to remove God and His Word from our courtrooms, our classrooms, and our society in general.

We are seeing sin’s effect all around us, because we don’t have a set of absolutes concerning morality and right and wrong. We have been so careful to arm ourselves to the teeth against the enemy on the outside that we’ve forgotten the enemy on the inside.

Writing about the fall of Rome, historian Will Durant said, “A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within. The essential causes of Rome’s decline lay in her people, her morals...”

We are rotting from within. How are we going to solve this dilemma? Let me say this. No politicians or government programs are going to do it for us. While they can bring some help and assistance, it won’t get to the root of the problem. The only answer for the ills of this country is a Heaven-sent spiritual awakening, a revival.

I am not suggesting a turn toward spirituality or a turn to a god, whatever you conceive him or her or it to be. I am talking about a return to the true and living God, the God our founding fathers cited, the God we have always believed in from the beginning but have forgotten. There never will be a spiritual awakening in this nation until we believe in the one and only true God and His Son Jesus Christ. Without this, there never will be moral change or a cure to our countless social ills.

Copyright © 2017 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.

I do not live in the USA, but I am your neightbour to the North in Canada. Over the past few years I've watched with growing concern at the way both our countries are being undermined by 'The New Tolerance' , 'Political Correctness', and all manner of silly double-talk and double-think that tries to dress evil up as something righteous. I agree with you that the corrosion is from within - coming from the minds of people who have their whole lives been brain washed to value the self over the whole, and for whom instant self-gratification wins the day. We are definitely in trouble, and I sense it will get worse before it gets better. Our nations are ripe for evil to take over completely, and the sad thing is that for most people as long as their day to day lives aren't inconvenienced too much, they'll barely take notice. People have fallen asleep. Folly passes for wisdom. Bad passes for good. Brothers are suing brothers, and sons are suing fathers. Sound familiar. These are all the things that were written to come to pass in the end times, and we are witnessing the end times which technically began with the birth of Jesus. It seems that with each generation the corruption gets worse. We now live in a time when most of our young people are not affiliated with a church. Churches everywhere are struggling to survive, and many gullible people are being attracted to false religions led by charismatic leaders who happen to have a great presence in front of the camera. I watched an infomercial the other night where for a donation of $500.00, the smiling 'preacher' would send you a special vial of magic holy water guaranteed to make you rich. it would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that people actually send money and believe this nonsense.

So yes, it is a sad situation all around. A terrible national crisis is about the only thing that may bring people back to God, at least temporarily since there are no atheists in the trenches and foxholes. But it is too bad that something that drastic has to happen to bring people back to God.

Back