Ruth 1:16-18

Ruth 1:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: theLord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

18 When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her.

Ruth 1:16-18 The Voice (VOICE)

16 Ruth: Stop pushing me away,
insisting that I stop following you!
Wherever you go, I will go.
Wherever you live, I will live.
Your people will be my people.
Your God will be my God.
17 Wherever you die, I will also die
and be buried therenear you.
May the Eternal One punish me—
and even more so—
if anything besides death comes between us.

18 When Naomi heard this and saw Ruth’s resolve, she stopped trying to talk her out of returning to Judah.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

16 Ruth was not going to leave her mother in law she was someone who would be there for her when Naomi needed somebody the most, neither one of them may have known that Naomi would battle depression but Ruth would be there for her. Ruth was willing to change her life for Naomi, Christ left His place on high to die for us, and He truly gave us His all for His love for us.

17 Ruth is may such a commitment to Naomi and a life change that she knows that she won’t return home after Naomi dies, Ruth is saying goodbye to her old life and making a new life, we are to give up our old life and make a new life because of our love for Jesus. Is there anything that can make us live our commitment to Christ?

18 Naomi would no longer cause her to leave, how much are we trying to push people away when we need them or how much do when try to push God away when He is trying to draw us in the most.

Ruth 1:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: theLord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

18 When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her.

Ruth 1:16-18 The Voice (VOICE)

16 Ruth: Stop pushing me away,
insisting that I stop following you!
Wherever you go, I will go.
Wherever you live, I will live.
Your people will be my people.
Your God will be my God.
17 Wherever you die, I will also die
and be buried therenear you.
May the Eternal One punish me—
and even more so—
if anything besides death comes between us.

18 When Naomi heard this and saw Ruth’s resolve, she stopped trying to talk her out of returning to Judah.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

16 Ruth was not going to leave her mother in law she was someone who would be there for her when Naomi needed somebody the most, neither one of them may have known that Naomi would battle depression but Ruth would be there for her. Ruth was willing to change her life for Naomi, Christ left His place on high to die for us, and He truly gave us His all for His love for us.

17 Ruth is may such a commitment to Naomi and a life change that she knows that she won’t return home after Naomi dies, Ruth is saying goodbye to her old life and making a new life, we are to give up our old life and make a new life because of our love for Jesus. Is there anything that can make us live our commitment to Christ?

18 Naomi would no longer cause her to leave, how much are we trying to push people away when we need them or how much do when try to push God away when He is trying to draw us in the most.
Love your points and post. Very true, never saw it this way.

Bless you!

Back