Ruth 1:8-9

Ruth 1:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 And Naomi said unto her two daughters in law, Go, return each to her mother's house: the Lord deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me.

9 The Lord grant you that ye may find rest, each of you in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them; and they lifted up their voice, and wept.

Ruth 1:8-9

BBE 8 And Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, Go back to your mothers' houses: may the Lord be good to you as you have been good to the dead and to me: 9 May the Lord give you rest in the houses of your husbands. Then she gave them a kiss; and they were weeping bitterly.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 They would have returned home back to their parents home to be remarried to another husband so that they would not remain widows. Their was love with these women not only did they marry her sons but she accepted them as her own family they were like daughters to her.

9 It was common for them to be remarried women of that time were not valued unless they were married and could have children both these woman did not have kids thru their marriages which may have made them question their worth, we can find our worth thru Christ who found us of worth enough to die on a cross for us.

Back