Sabbath 1/24/15 Alfred Station SDB Church Pastor Ken sermon I Know The Plans

Sabbath 1/24/15 Alfred Station SDB Church Pastor Ken sermon I Know The Plans Jeremiah 29:11-12

*** For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord. Thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me and ye shall go and pray unto me and I will hearken unto you. ***
This chapter’s text deals with those things we should do in our Christian life. We will look at the scriptures that come before verses 11 and 12 first.
  1. We Are in Exile:
    The exile is that we, as Believers, have different standards from the world. We are waiting to get to Heaven. We are waiting to go to the other side. We are not there yet but we know that there is something better. We are in Exile, not in Heaven.
  2. God Does Not Leave Us While We Are in Exile:
    God told Jeremiah to write a letter to the children of Israel while they were in exile. The Lord does not leave us alone and our letter from Him is the Bible. The Bible is what we should read while we are in exile.
  3. We Are to Occupy Ourselves While We Are in Exile:
    God told the Israelites to build houses, get married and have families while they were in exile. God wanted them to make a home for themselves while they were in exile. God wants us to occupy while we are waiting to get to Heaven. In the book of Matthew, Jesus tells a story about a boss who gave his servants money to occupy themselves with while he went away. He came back and asked them what they did with the money while he was gone. We, as Believers, while we are in Exile, are to occupy and use our gifts God gave us.
  4. Pray For the City’s Welfare While We Are in Exile:
    Pray for the people around us and for the city. We are to intercede for our neighbors and the city’s welfare. Once they get blessed, we can tell them God did it!
  5. Be Careful Of Who You Listen To While You Are in Exile:
    Be careful of who/what you listen to, what you see on the internet and what you read. Make sure it is biblically right because there will be false prophets and false doctrines. Be careful of what you and I listen to while we are in Exile.
  6. Rest On God’s Sovereign Grace While in Exile (verse 11):
    Sovereign means there is one who sets the rules. The King sets the rules. God has a plan for our Best. He wants the Best for us. Notice that God says there is hope for our future, the Best is for us.
  7. We Are To Have a Relationship With God While We Are in Exile (verse 12):
    God is saying talk to Him and He will listen to us. He promised to listen to us when we talk to Him. God says while you are in exile, talk to Him and He will listen. The God of the Universe is bending His ears to hear us, to listen to us. Thank God we can speak to Him and He will hear and listen to us.
    AMEN

Back