Sabbath 11/18/17 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith sermon “A Thankful Attitude”

Sabbath 11/18/17 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith sermon “A Thankful Attitude” Psalm 147

There are people who are thankful and there are people who are not. The scriptures say God’s people should be thankful. Phil 4:16. Be thankful. Giving thanks doesn’t come naturally to people. Thanksgiving Day is a day of giving thanks for all things. Some Christians can be ungrateful and have a complaining mindset. We need to count our many blessing and see what God has done. Don’t fail to remember and thank God for all He has done. This way we won’t get ungrateful but instead will stay thankful to the Lord.

Great is our Lord and mighty in power is He. We serve a great God and He does mighty things. He heals our broken hearts. He heals our bodies. He gives us food and shelter. Count your blessing, focus on what we have. Remember we have a God who will never leave us! Cast all your cares on Him and He will take care of things. Always be thankful to God for His blessings. Don’t be like the complaining Israelites who saw all the miracles God did to free them from slavery. They still complained against Moses and Aaron again and again and again. The Israelites complained many, many times after they saw some of the greatest miracles ever written in the Bible. Sometimes we can get like them when we get blessed. We still complain or find fault with little things.

We need to be thankful to God ALL the time. By us being this way, we can change the lives of the people around us. We need to sing praises to God about our many blessings from Him. Have a spirit of thankfulness and an attitude of thankfulness. Let people see that we are this way toward our God. Be joyful, thankful and praise God for being our God. Have a cheerful heart and a thankful heart to the Lord.

AMEN

Hello Miz KJV Only;

Thank you for sharing this profound reminder of Thanksgiving. About 9 years ago around Thanksgiving I was hired as an accounting contractor for a major roofing company. They were going through a transition of moving from their old location to the new one. I felt like one of the staff because I was very involved in the move. I praised God for this opportunity to bond and get to know the people I was working with.

After the move, two weeks before Christmas I got off work at 5pm on a Friday. My accounting agent called me on my cell to let me know that my manager (the controller) contacted him and wanted to release me. I had fallen short of getting the job done and had not met his expectations. My agent also scolded me because this hurt our client business relationship.

I was stunned, devastated and angry, all mixed in one ball TWO WEEKS before Christmas. Yes, I was disappointed, but there was a big part of me that exposed my bruised ego because I had gotten fired. How dare anyone fire me!

The next day I calmed down and got a grip on myself. Then I remembered Philippines 4:6-7, 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

This scripture was put upon my heart. My family had just celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving, I went to serve at the men's recovery in San Francisco and was praising God for giving me this new good paying job.

The lesson was this. I didn't want to take away the blessings just because one area in my life was set back. My relationship with Jesus was still with me through the process of losing my job, my wife and I stood by each other, ministry was alive and well, my health was good, all blessings from our Father.

God humbled me with humility. I had to learn to distinguish disappointment from my pride and anxiousness. Once I accepted my circumstance and believed Jesus was with me, God blessed me with another assignment.

Your thread mentioned how the Israelites complained after all the miracles God did to free them from slavery. How many miracles does God give us? This has given me much to think about as we go into Thanksgiving, Christmas and everyday with our Lord and Savior.

I enjoyed your thread, Miz KJV Only, God bless you and your family.

Sabbath 11/18/17 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith sermon “A Thankful Attitude” Psalm 147

There are people who are thankful and there are people who are not. The scriptures say God’s people should be thankful. Phil 4:16. Be thankful. Giving thanks doesn’t come naturally to people. Thanksgiving Day is a day of giving thanks for all things. Some Christians can be ungrateful and have a complaining mindset. We need to count our many blessing and see what God has done. Don’t fail to remember and thank God for all He has done. This way we won’t get ungrateful but instead will stay thankful to the Lord.

Great is our Lord and mighty in power is He. We serve a great God and He does mighty things. He heals our broken hearts. He heals our bodies. He gives us food and shelter. Count your blessing, focus on what we have. Remember we have a God who will never leave us! Cast all your cares on Him and He will take care of things. Always be thankful to God for His blessings. Don’t be like the complaining Israelites who saw all the miracles God did to free them from slavery. They still complained against Moses and Aaron again and again and again. The Israelites complained many, many times after they saw some of the greatest miracles ever written in the Bible. Sometimes we can get like them when we get blessed. We still complain or find fault with little things.

We need to be thankful to God ALL the time. By us being this way, we can change the lives of the people around us. We need to sing praises to God about our many blessings from Him. Have a spirit of thankfulness and an attitude of thankfulness. Let people see that we are this way toward our God. Be joyful, thankful and praise God for being our God. Have a cheerful heart and a thankful heart to the Lord.

AMEN

One day long ago I was laying in bed in the morning before arising, and I was thanking the Lord for this, and that, when it came into my spirit that it felt like the saying of thanks wasn't enough? As I pondered this, the Lord spoke, and He said, " it isn't, but your obediance is!"

Back