Sabbath 3/16/19 Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Keith sermon “Be Perfect”

Sabbath 3/16/19 Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Keith sermon “Be Perfect” Matthew 5:43-48

Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect. Most of us think perfectness is being sinless because we all have sinned. The Bible says we can be perfect in the Lord. The theology of the donut says that the most popular donut is the glazed donut. The theology also says that after eating a donut, the only thing left is the hole. Just like there is more to a donut than the hole. There is more to being perfect.

Perfect = Hebrews 5:12-14- this scripture says solid food is for the mature, grown up, responsible, reliable, dependable person. Jesus is saying we should be like this, perfect like God. Loving your enemies, praying for your persecutors is growing up. It’s being like a grown up and being mature.

We are reconciled to God by Jesus Christ. God loved us when we were His enemies so we should be like God and love our enemies. God is Merciful and Jesus said be merciful like our Father. God is Holy so be we should be holy like our God. We need to grow and learn to be like God our Father. We, like little children, should mimic God our Father. Scripture teaches us that God is our Father and we honor Him by acting like He does.

We need to get the trait of Servanthood. A person who is truly grown up and mature has this quality of servanthood. We should want to be a contributing member of God’s family and the community. We should be helping to pick up things like a magnet does. Just like mothers pick up/take care of things just like a magnet does. Jesus came to be a servant and to give His life for the salvation of the world. Jesus set an example the night He was betrayed when He washed the disciple’s feet. This was an example of how they should be servants to others.

You and I might be the only Jesus that someone sees, so we should be a light and a servant to others. The more time we spend looking at God, the more growing up we do to be like God. Then the more His name will be glorified in our lives. Thank God for Jesus and His examples of how to behave in God’s Kingdom.
AMEN

You and I might be the only Jesus that someone sees, so we should be a light and a servant to others. The more time we spend looking at God, the more growing up we do to be like God. Then the more His name will be glorified in our lives. Thank God for Jesus and His examples of how to behave in God’s Kingdom. AMEN .

Hello Miz KJV Only;

Amen! I like what you shared at the end, "You and I might be the only Jesus that someone sees"

God bless you and your family.

Back