Safe In His Mouth

Well, for the last two weeks my hubby has been away on business. It’s been kind of rough to say the least, but we’re in the homestretch. Bless God!

This morning I called him and he said, “Hi Peach.” And it made me smile. Not knowing why that simple greeting hit me so hard, I just brushed it off basically by telling myself I just miss him. We had a conversation, albeit short, because he was in the middle of preparing for one of his cases today.

But when I got off the phone I was still thinking how it made me feel when he said my name. And then I clearly heard, “Your name is safe in his mouth.” Then something I just read came to me. It was a series of quotes that kids said about love, that someone put together in recognition of Valentine’s Day. This particular one said this, "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." –From Billy, age 4.

I said, “Wow, Lord.” He allowed me to see firsthand not only what that felt like but what it meant. It is so funny how we can read things and later on God will reveal a meaning. That’s why it is so important that we read and study the Word of God, because as we do, something will happen and we will get the revelation, and therefore get the victory. Praise God!

Anyway, my hubby said my name. In this simple greeting of “Hi Peach,” I felt his love. He has called me many things over the years (lol)… namely, terms of endearment, but because we have been together so long, very often we don’t call each other by our own names. The names that we used when we first met and fell in love. But when he said, Hi Peach, I felt his love and I felt the safety of his love. I felt what the little boy said… my name is safe in his mouth. That means I never have to worry about what he says about me. I never have to be concerned about he thinks of me. He will never say anything that does not line up with how he feels about me. He will always speak well of me. He will never lie on me or wish bad things on me. He will not want anything but the best for me. Because he loves me and my name is safe in his mouth. Hallelujah!

And then, God, with His awesome self, says to me, “Your name is safe in my mouth, too.” And my heart just melted. Overwhelmed by love early in the morning. I can’t but hear the psalmist, saying “Early in the morning will I seek thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. My heart and my flesh cry out for the Living God.” And my name is safe in His mouth and so is yours.

But I can’t stop there because God always points the finger back at me when He reveals Himself. So I have to ask the question of myself and I pray that you ask it as well, “Does what I do and say of God, about God, reflect the love I say I have for Him? Is His name safe in my mouth?” Only I can answer that, but God already knows.

But God is real. And He loves me because my name is safe in His mouth (and in my hubby’s).

A servant of the Lord,
Sis. E

http://butgodisreal.blogspot.com
http://www.ongoodground.org

Back