Saturday 4/26/14 Pastor Evan Sermon It’s Not Over!

Saturday 4/26/14 Pastor Evan sermon It’s Not Over! Matthew chap. 26 – 28

The drastic times of this present life have many people uncertain. The disciples felt uncertain during the time of Jesus’ arrest and crucifixion. The crowds of people had cried “crucify him”, “crucify him”, Judas had betrayed Jesus and Peter had denied him. When Jesus was crucified, the disciple ran away. The disciples were uncertain about where God was. How could God let Jesus be beaten, spat on and killed? They were uncertain about a lot of things because they thought Jesus was the Messiah. The disciples wondered why God didn’t do anything to stop them from killing Jesus.

Back in the mid 1970’s, two boxers had a fight. It was the champ George Foreman and a newbie, Muhammad Ali. For eight rounds Ali didn’t throw one punch but instead let Foreman beat on him. Foreman got tired and sure of himself that he would win. Then Ali threw the final punch and knocked him out cold. He knocked Foreman into retirement. Ali called this maneuver the “Rope a Dope”. Our Lord Jesus took all his beating, punches and lashes because He knew he would deliver the final punch! Jesus Rose Again!! Jesus took all the devil’s mess and did the “Rope a Dope” like Ali did to Foreman until he knocked him out. God is still in Control! God has a Plan! At the end of the day when Jesus returns, every knee shall bow! In Matt 28:1-6 There was a great earthquake, the guards became like dead men and Jesus rose. Don’t be afraid because Jesus is alive. God is in control and we shall overcome. God has the victory. When things go bad, don’t give up because Jesus is alive, in control and He will fix it right. In the end Jesus will return, every knee shall bow and we go to Heaven to live with God and Jesus for Eternity.

John 14:2-3 In my Father’s house are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you. I go there to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself, so that where I am, there you may be also.

We should fear God and have great joy because Jesus has Risen. Jesus does everything He said and all that is written in the Bible is coming to pass. The End will be soon. The Rapture is coming soon and all the Christians say Yea!! Let’s Go!! In I John 5:4 it says that whoever is born of God will overcome the world. The victory we have is our Faith! So…..hold on, don’t give up! When there is fear, look to Jesus! The Risen Lord! The Victory has been Won! Our Lord has planned it all along. At the end of the day, God will be glorified! Have Faith in the Risen Lord!

AMEN

Reactions: Sal
Back