See thou hurt not the oil and the wine....

The Son comes to give us an understanding so that we may know Him who is true. He opens up our minds so that we may understand the Scriptures and see that all that we have worked for in our religious pursuits were all for nothing as none of those things save the mortal flesh from decay and death.

Paul….who was zealous for the traditions of the Pharisees….counted ALL of those things as a LOSS for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus our Lord who opens up our minds to the Scriptures. He “lost” his religious thoughts and ways for His. He counted them but “dung”. He lost his “religion” so that he may win Christ and be found in Him.

Philippians 3:
(7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
(8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
(9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
(10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
(11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Paul declared God in the knowledge of Christ Jesus to the men of Athens who did ignorantly worship Him with the things that men had made. The Scriptures were opened up to them as Paul reasoned with them out of the Scriptures.

Acts 17:
(2) And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
(3) Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

This is the same message for TODAY also as many worship Him in vain as they teach for doctrines the commandments of men (things that man’s hands have made). They are worshipping the works of their own hands…bowing down to them.

The Scriptures are to be opened up by Him so that we may know Him who is true and cast away the religious things of men that are done and spoken in ignorance of the knowledge of the Truth. Many are “superstitious” today….that is, very religious in the traditions of men as they debate among themselves about who is accounted the greatest among them. They need to have Him declared unto them. He does not dwell in temples made with men's hands.

Acts 17:
(22) Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
(23) For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
(24) God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands
;

God is not worshipped with men’s hands….the works of men. It is He that gives life to all and breath and ALL things.

(25) Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
(26) And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
(27) That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
(28) For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

We are His offspring…..not the other way around. He is not a product of our works: the commandments of men, our church denominations…our own private interpretations….our grand buildings…our great ministries….our religious products, etc. God does not “need” these things for all things come from Him.

He is not like any of those things that religious (“superstitious”= very religious) men have made with their own “hands” to bow down to. Religious men’s works do NOT save any one but instead bring about envy, strife and hatred of one another as many provoke one another with these things as they seek out their own vain glory. They argue among themselves who is accounted the greatest among them….much like the disciples did among themselves.

We are to lose our church lives in order to save them for His thoughts and ways are higher than ours. He has set the determined times before appointed, and the bounds of our habitation.

(29) Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

We are living in the times of this ignorance of man’s works….and God has overlooked (“winked at”) these things. Man has had his “6 days” (the determined times for man) so to speak to work his works which God has “overlooked”. We have not been beaten with many stripes but with few because of the ignorance that is in the hearts of men.

Men are under the sun of God’s wrath but it is mixed with God’s goodness because He gives the rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

But NOW God commands that ALL men EVERYWHERE to repent…..to change their minds about these things. He has determined the bounds of man’s habitation.

(30) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent
:

God has “overlooked” our ignorance in the past in the sense that He has allowed men to rejoice in the meaningless works of their hands. He has allowed men to work their works for the “6 days” and man has been allowed to enjoy it even though ALL of man’s works are vanity (the subject of Ecclesiastes) and amount to nothing for NO FLESH is saved by them. He has allowed men to enjoy their works as they fade away and eventually pass away from the earth.

Ecclesiastes 9:7 KJV
(7) Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

God has given the sons of man sore travail to be “exercised” therewith ….to be “made low, humiliated, humbled” for no flesh can glory in his works as the flesh withers away no matter what our works may be in this earth. No riches can save anyone from the day of their death.

Ecclesiastes 1:12-14 KJV
(12) I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
(13) And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

(14) I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

This sore travail is what humbles men as their mortal bodies decay away to the grave. No flesh can glory in the presence of God. None of his riches….none of his works….none of his labors that they undertake under the sun profit NOTHING for the flesh of men as they decay away in their earthly activities until the day of their death. They all fade away as the world and its lusts are actively perishing. No work of man can save him from death under the sun of God’s wrath which was mixed with His goodness shown to all men.

Ecclesiastes 3:10-13 KJV
(10) I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
(11) He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

God has let men REJOICE in their hearts in all of their meaningless labors as they fade away from this earth. He has "winked at"...overlooked...these times as He has let men enjoy their labors.

(12) I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
(13) And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God

He has in times past let all nations walk in their own ways…and He has been good to ALL: giving us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons and filling our hearts with food and gladness. He has not left Himself without witness for God sends the rain even upon the wicked so that they may enjoy their labors under the sun. The message NOW is: we are to turn from all the meaningless works (these vanities) unto the living God.

Acts 14:15-17 KJV
(15) And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
(16) Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

(17) Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

But He determines the bounds of man’s “habitation”….

….as He NOW commands ALL men EVERYWHERE to change their minds about their works.

He has appointed a Day in which He will judge the WORLD in righteousness by that man whom He has ordained. Man is appointed a Day to cease from his own works (6 days of work) and from his own thoughts and ways.
He has given us assurance in that He has raised Jesus from the dead. If the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in us, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also bring life to our mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in us. This is a here and now thing.

Acts 17:
(31) Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

While some will mock what they hear….others will consider the matter and not be hasty to disesteem it.

(32) And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
(33) So Paul departed from among them.

Yet others will hear and believe and cleave unto Him. Some web sites give the definition of “Dionysius” as “God of wine”….in other words, they will hear the voice of the Lord and REJOICE (wine) in the hidden man of their hearts. “Damaris” means “gentle, subdued”….as in the tongue (the “wife” of the hidden man of the heart) shall be gentle towards what they hear and will not mock and vilify as others will be quick to do.

(34) Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

The rich pastors have long enjoyed their works even though they have only fed their congregations crumbs and getting paid for it. They are clothed in purple and fine linen and fare sumptuously every day as their congregations are starving to be fed with the Bread of heaven so that they may know Him who is true. They have lived in pleasure on the earth and have nourished their hearts as in a day of slaughter….for the LIFE of JESUS is not being manifest in their followers. They have rejoiced in their works.

Luke 16:19-21 KJV
(19) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

MANY lay at their “gate”…..which is the mouth. They desire to be “fed” with the crumbs that fall from their table. The “dogs” come and lick their sores…..that is, the spiritual Amalekites (which means “people who lick”) come with the flattering tongue to speak “peace” when there is NO PEACE in their presence. There is envy, strife, divisions, decay and death.

(20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

(21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

The leaders are doing nothing to bind up the “sores” that the people are covered with. there is envy and strife and hatred and death among us.

There is a FAMINE from hearing the Word of God as people are only being fed “crumbs” of the rich pastors and we are covered with “sores”: envy, strife, divisions, hatred of one another, etc. They have come in among us to conquer saying that they are “Christ”. They have conquered many with their feigned words of righteousness. They bring the sword which removes the peace among us and brings envy, strife and divisions.

Yet, the “oil and the wine” are not hurt….that is, the JOY that men experience in their works which God has allowed as men pursue their works that do not profit anyone. God has allowed the joy to exist in men’s works of his own hands as they fade away from this earth in the great spiritual famine we are currently in.

Revelation 6:5-6 KJV
(5) And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
(6) And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

But He has determined the bounds of man’s habitation. The rich have already received their consolation. Those who are “full” now shall hunger. Those who laugh now shall mourn and weep….for God shall cause to cease out their place the voice of mirth and the voice of gladness in their works.

Luke 6:24-26 KJV
(24) But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
(25) Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
(26) Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

We are no longer to sit with them in their churches to eat and drink with them….for He will cause all of their joy in their works to cease.

Jeremiah 16:8-13 KJV
(8) Thou shalt not also go into the house of feasting, to sit with them to eat and to drink.
(9) For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will cause to cease out of this place in your eyes, and in your days, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride.

And they will ask…..

(10) And it shall come to pass, when thou shalt shew this people all these words, and they shall say unto thee, Wherefore hath the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? or what is our iniquity? or what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God?

And the answer is….

(11) Then shalt thou say unto them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the LORD, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law;

They will do worse than their church fathers…..for they will continue to walk after the imagination of their heart as they will not listen to His voice who will open up the Scriptures to their understanding. They will hear His words but with an unbelieving heart shall vilify what they hear.

(12) And ye have done worse than your fathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the imagination of his evil heart, that they may not hearken unto me:

He will show NO FAVOR unto those who will behave and answer in such manner. Their joy and gladness of heart shall disappear as their joy shall turn unto weeping and gnashing of teeth.

(13) Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.

Miseries shall come upon the rich pastors who only feed themselves and not the flock….

James 5:1-3 KJV
(1) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
(2) Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
(3) Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

to be continued....

Hi Brother Paul,

Thank you for reading and considering... and for your patience. I know the posts are rather long. :)

Back