Self Examination

That's a very interesting take for a Bible Study. However, this statement can also be used for uncertainty:

Only God knows our true hearts. We can think what we like of ourselves, but we do not know completely 100% that we will get into Heaven. The only way to get there is to fully believe that Jesus is the way to the Father and that Jesus is our savior: John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

My bible and my God tell me that most certainly I can know that I will go to Heaven, and I know 100% that I will be with Him in Heaven, absolutely no doubts. I can not phantom living, any second of my life, with that uncertainty. How is John 3:16 seen if not that we can have "eternal" life?

The "gentiles"/"heathens" in the Bible are the non-believers,
The gentiles are non-Jew. And even Jews are non believers. The only baptize that matters, as all ready pointed out, is the baptism of the Holy Ghost! All water does is gets us wet, and a little cleaner at the time. Jesus is the 'water of life' as he told the woman at the well. He is also the 'bread' of life but that does not mean that we are to literally eat His flesh.

The gentiles are non-Jew. And even Jews are non believers.

Maybe you do not understand the terminology of the Holy Scriptures, but just no way the non-believers to be under the law of the faith - see here:

Romans 2:14-15 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )"

Thanks, all the same, but I know it very well.

Definition:
gen·tile

non-Jewish person: somebody who is not Jewish

somebody Christian: a Christian, as distinguished from somebody who is Jewish

non-Mormon: in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, somebody who is not a member of this Church

heathen: a disbeliever in God ( disapproving )

The "gentiles"/"heathens" in the Bible are the non-believers, and in principle the God and his servants do not baptize the non-believers because usually they have no serious clerical/ecclesiastical intentions/interests, but at the very beginning the true Lord God has created two categories (of) people, the first is the servants i.e. the clerics(comment: (the) "jews" in the Bible), the other is the users i.e. the non-believers. While the clerics serve to the Holy(ie to the Overall) Salvation and Life, the non-believers are only users, or, the main objects of the Overall Salvation and Indemnification.

You can call them whatever you want.The book of Acts has then being referd to as gentiles.
And these gentiles believed.
Acts 11;18
When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Thanks, all the same, but I know it very well.
Definition:
gen·tile
1. non-Jewish person: somebody who is not Jewish
2. somebody Christian: a Christian, as distinguished from somebody who is Jewish
3. non-Mormon: in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, somebody who is not a member of this Church
4. heathen: a disbeliever in God ( disapproving )

Yes, but what it means jew-ish?, the answer is somewhere deep in the books of the old testament, but we can understand it directly, e.g. if we think on this, what is the difference between minister and ordinary citizen?
The correct separation of the word is: gent-il, i.e. "gent" means: 'natural man', and "il" means: 'created by the God'.
You use some very simple dictionary, but the biblical terminology is very special spiritual terminology, and on principle only the true believers know it, because only the true Lord God can reveal it fully.

You can call them whatever you want.The book of Acts has then being referd to as gentiles.
And these gentiles believed.
Acts 11;18
When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Yes, God takes also from the gentiles for God's servants, and they have
been pleasantly surprised that God wants to Save also the non-believers and all souls.

You use some very simple dictionary, but the biblical terminology is very special spiritual terminology, and on principle only the true believers know it, because only the true Lord God can reveal it fully.
I simply find it disheartening to complicate such simple things. After all, adding to and taking away from the Word, is something we know we are not to do.

Smith's Bible Dictionary (nations). All the people who were not Jews were so called by them, being aliens from the worship, rites and privileges of Israel. The word was used contemptuously by them. In the New Testament it is used as equivalent to Greek. This use of the word seems to have arisen from the almost universal adaption of the Greek language.

Easton's Bible Dictionary (Heb., usually in plural, goyim), meaning in general all nations except the Jews. In course of time, as the Jews began more and more to pride themselves on their peculiar privileges, it acquired unpleasant associations, and was used as a term of contempt. In the New Testament the Greek word Hellenes, meaning literally Greek (as in Acts 16:1, 3; 18:17; Rom. 1:14), generally denotes any non-Jewish nation.

Search for "Gentiles" in Keyword Search | Topical Index
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/dictionaries/dict_meaning.php?source=3&wid=S8200#moreinfo <input type="submit" value="Change" class="txt-sGentiles
(nations). All the people who were not Jews were so called by them, being aliens from the worship, rites and privileges of Israel. The word was used contemptuously by them. In the New Testament it is used as equivalent to Greek. This use of the word seems to have arisen from the almost universal adaption of the Greek language.

It is not appreciated the assumptions being made. You have no right to judge who or who not is a true believer.

Look, the linguistics always is superficial, therefore it is written: "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." 2 Corinthians 3:5-6, i.e. if you want to understand the things Correctly you must Believe in the true Lord God only with Good Faith/Resolved, because the letters are from the humans, while the Truth is/come only from the God Himself.

Look, the linguistics always is superficial, therefore it is written: "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." 2 Corinthians 3:5-6, i.e. if you want to understand the things Correctly you must Believe in the true Lord God only with Good Faith/Resolved, because the letters are from the humans, while the Truth is/come only from the God Himself.

Acts 11;18

Peter was the one who called them gentiles.
Are you saying that Peter can not understand correctly and that Peter is not an able minister of the new covenant?Maybe Peter just cant understand things as well as you.
Its funny how this turned out to be a debate about gentiles when I was speaking of baptism which was brought up by someone else.

Acts 11;18

Peter was the one who called them gentiles.
Are you saying that Peter can not understand correctly and that Peter is not an able minister of the new covenant?Maybe Peter just cant understand things as well as you.
Its funny how this turned out to be a debate about gentiles when I was speaking of baptism which was brought up by someone else.

And what you say about this verse: Genesis 10:5 "By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.", and about (the) many other verses from (the) old testament in which there is also the word "gentile(-s)"?

And what you say about this verse: Genesis 10:5 "By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.", and about (the) many other verses from (the) old testament in which there is also the word "gentile(-s)"?

I wasnt talking about the other verses in the bible.I was talking about one particular verse where Peter was speaking of the gentiles which believed the gospel being preached to them by Peter.
These believing gentiles were baptised in the Holy Spirit.It was Peter who called those believers ,Gentiles.

I wasnt talking about the other verses in the bible.I was talking about one particular verse where Peter was speaking of the gentiles which believed the gospel being preached to them by Peter.
These believing gentiles were baptised in the Holy Spirit.It was Peter who called those believers ,Gentiles.

Yes, the holy apostles have called such believers "gentiles", because initially those people have been non-believers, and because they have (been) taken from the world of (the) non-believers, (and) therefore they have called them "gentiles".

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" II Corinthians 13:5
There are a lot of questions being asked on this site. Some are good and thought provoking, and some are silly or tending to generate more uncertainty. There is one question that you do not have time to put off: "whether ye be in the faith..."
This is not a popular question. It is not a comfortable question (i.e. it causes DIS-comfort). But it is a question you must ask yourself. You not only must ask yourself, you must "prove your own selves..." . Is there Biblical, spiritual proof ,enough to assure YOU? You know all your secrets, all your sins, all your lusts , how you REALLY feel about Jesus Christ. Can you prove to yourself, right now, from the Bible,that you are converted?
"Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you..." Do you know that? Has He been evident in your life? Was there a time YOU confessed and forsook your sin, all known sin, and threw yourself at Jesus feet,begging for mercy for your Hell-deserving soul? Or did you pray a little prayer someone told you to pray, and told Jesus to come into your heart? Well, did He? Did He?
Either you repented and gave yourself wholly to Christ Jesus or you, my friend ,are a reprobate: someone who is lost. Someone that will not go to Heaven.
"except ye be reprobates."
I would be too afraid, too scared, to lay my head on my pillow tonight UNLESS I got this settled.
I believe YOU should examine yourself. Right now.
May God have mercy on you and show you your true condition.

Julian of York
"Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." Luke 13:3

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

"Am I saved?"

Many Bible believing people are sure of their salvation. But how many, while they have read the following, truly "obeyed this commandment" Coming from the very lips of JESUS CHRIST?

* Mar 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

* Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Perhaps many ignored and just presumed they "have already obeyed it." But are they not subject to the following rebuke of JESUS CHRIST?

1. John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. {Is not this a rebuke to many professing Christians today?)

2. John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: 55 Yet ye have not known him... (Is not this a rebuke to the Scribes and Pharisees during the time of Christ?"

HAVE WE NOTICED the foregoing "commandment" was FOLLOWED by this COMMANDMENT?

* Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

"Am I saved?"

Many Bible believing people are sure of their salvation. But how many, while they have read the following, truly "obeyed this commandment" Coming from the very lips of JESUS CHRIST?

* Mar 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

* Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Perhaps many ignored and just presumed they "have already obeyed it." But are they not subject to the following rebuke of JESUS CHRIST?

1. John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. {Is not this a rebuke to many professing Christians today?)

2. John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: 55 Yet ye have not known him... (Is not this a rebuke to the Scribes and Pharisees during the time of Christ?"

HAVE WE NOTICED the foregoing "commandment" was FOLLOWED by this COMMANDMENT?

* Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Hence, Jesus Christ admonished His listeners:

* John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Ever since, Theologians have been "searching the Scriptures," but until now there is no unanimity on the IDENTITY of the One True God of the Holy Bible. What we see are different "groups" searching, studying, and memorizing the Sacred Scriptures. The results however is what we hear, like the following:

“The infinite Father God cannot truly and clearly identified with the finite mind of man. To do so, we would be like God. Let us just believe in one God, love him, and love our fellowmen. God is merciful, that that would be enough for him.”

“The Blessed Trinity cannot be comprehended with the finite mind of man. Trying to comprehend it, we will lose our mind, but to deny it we will lose our soul.”

“Jesus Christ is only a man and not God.”
“Jesus Christ is only a Mighty God for there is a supreme or Almighty God.”
“Jesus Christ is both God and man, and is the second person of the Trinity.”
“Jesus Christ is the name of the Father and the Holy Spirit.”

These questions, however, remain unanswered:

Who was the GOD of Abraham and Moses? What was His name?
Who was the GOD of Peter and Paul? What was His name?
Who is our GOD today? What is His name?

Back