Serious Doctrinal Shifts

That is indeed the case in their doctrinal foundations. (y)

MM
When I asked about the baptizing for the dead, I was told it was based on 1 COR 15:29 where Paul was teaching about the resurrection. He asks why they baptized for the dead if there was no resurrection, speaking of the people who were doing it at that time. It is an odd statement. Paul neither condoned it nor condemned it, simply used it as a means of making his point about the resurrection. I too had joined that cult as a teen, then as I was taught in my youth, I began reading the bible again and found I was being deceived and left them.

When I asked about the baptizing for the dead, I was told it was based on 1 COR 15:29 where Paul was teaching about the resurrection. He asks why they baptized for the dead if there was no resurrection, speaking of the people who were doing it at that time. It is an odd statement. Paul neither condoned it nor condemned it, simply used it as a means of making his point about the resurrection. I too had joined that cult as a teen, then as I was taught in my youth, I began reading the bible again and found I was being deceived and left them.

The "key" there is the same as it is most of the time.......READING THE BOOK!

Back