Serve God or Man

No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

We have all heard this familiar passage and quickly say oh we serve God and not money or man. Not So Fast.......
I am going to give you something to think about.

OK we will fight traffic to get to work.
We will go to work when we would rather stay home.
We will put up with people in the name of getting a paycheck.

However.....let's look at the other side....
I work hard and I need my Sunday for me so I ain't getting up for church.

This is nuts, I am not dealing with this traffic just to get to church, after all I deal with it all week long.

I just don't feel like going anywhere so I am skipping church today.

I am not going back there, the pastor where's flashy clothes or the sermon is too long or I don't like those people and I don't have to put up with it.

Friends there are so many more excuses Christians use to keep them from getting up and Going To Church to Be in God's House with God's People but yet will go to work for that All Mighty Dollar.

Truth is......Christians are making Money (Job) more important then God.
If Christians would turn this around they WOULD FIND His Rest and Peace and EVERYTHING else they need.

So How big and mightily important have you made of things over God?
Blessings
FCJ

Its important to make time for God and celebrate His goodness to us.

Sadly with some organisations might ask you to work Sundays but you can make a stand and say no. Thats the Lords day and my day of rest. Some churches have evening Sunday services. But its up to you to make the time to meet and fellowship with other saints, whether it is a big gathering or just two or three.

The thing is God wants us to worship Him in spirit and in truth. Unlike a job where where, if we dont go and do it we get no pay, we dont HAVE to go to church, its not an obligation. Howeve we do many other things simply because we enjoy them and that is how it is with God. To enjoy Him and praise and worship Him together.

My pastor said when he was a new believer a christian guy show up at his door every single week to take him to bible study or church. This guy gave him a ride in his car every single week without fail. That is dedication. We need to encourage each other.

The biggest excuses I have heard from people that say they are believers but do not fellowship or set foot in a church door is their unbelieving spouse wants to do something that day, or they have sports, or they cant leave the house for whatever reason, maybe they are a caregiver. But this is lame. God has actually made this time to meet with us yet these half hearted believers ignore Him. He ordained an entire DAY for us to rest and enjoy Him. Its a good thing, not a bad thing. Its like giving a party or wedding invite and the guests would rather not go. Well, too bad, they will miss out!

Last edited:
Back