Sheep may safely graze

Sat looking out of the window
The farmer has just moved his sheep into the two fields on the hillside above our house,

The sheep with their new born lambs wandered down the track crossing the first field through the gate then into the fresh pasture.
Not grazed since the autumn
The lush grass was nearly knee high to the new lambs
As they passed through the gate they ran into the new pasture,
Frolicking around running through the whole field.
After the initial excitement, running leaping around they got down to checking out the grass like a child in a sweet shop grazing on the hoof checking out the grass all over the field
There were obviously several older sheep who headed straight for the dip in the field where the darkest, most sweetest? grass grew,
As their lambs tired of frolicking around went to their mothers and followed their example and began grazing
Feeding done they wandered to the shelter of a fallen tree laid down sunning themselves
This continued all day, grazing wandering around sudden burst of energy frolicking around then collapsing by their mums resting.
Mid day the farmer came to the field with hay bales the sheep recognising the farmer knowing he had a special treat for them, they came running to him enjoying the extra nutritious food
Then as the afternoon wore on the sheep start to track back to the barn,
One or two initially then others seeing this followed until the whole flock was heading home.

Now then,
Do I need another coffee?
Stop dreaming, stop turning everything I see into an analogy, seeing God in every thing, get up and stop wasting time and do something useful?
But I can hear Bach’s cantata
“Sheep may safely graze”running through my head!

Is it just the music or is God trying to tell me something?

Back