Simeon’s Blessing

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I was reading over Luke 2 (the Christmas story) tonight, and something Simeon said caught my eye…

And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

The word ‘fall’ is πτῶσις, εως, ἡ literally, as an action falling, fall, crash; of a house collapse (ANLEX)…Did this not happen in 70AD?

The word ‘rising again’ ἀνάστασις, εως, ἡ {{ἀνίστημι, -σις}} *(1) intransitively, of coming back to life after having died arising, ANLEX
Will this not happen in the latter years?

Hosea 3:5 KJV
Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.

Romans 11:25-26 KJV
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. [26] And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

I'm fully convinced that the land of Israel with its
Jewish population will take a prominent role in the last days as prophesied by Simeon.
chapter 12 of rev i have hard time fully understanding { so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written,) the things that is taking place in prophecy is mind boggling . but interesting

Back