Sinners Prayer

Job 33:26-28

King James Version

26 He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness.
27 He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not;
28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

From the time of Job, and probably before, God has responded to the sinners prayer.

Good morning, Dave F.,

Just a personal thought. When we were younger we didn’t feel God responded to the sinner’s prayer because we lacked patience, faith and trust in God who is all forgiving. There were lessons we had to learn as we matured spiritually.

But as I’ve gotten older I’ve become a patient man. I trust God more, He has grown me in faith, trust and am confident that I can go to Him and repent over the smallest to heinous sin.

I’m still a work in progress but am grateful He is the One working me.

My wife and I just talked about this a few days ago.

God bless you, brother, and thank you for sharing Sinners Prayer.

Job 33:26-28​

King James Version​

26 He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness.
27 He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not;
28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

From the time of Job, and probably before, God has responded to the sinners prayer.
Even with Adam & Eve, God made provisions despite the pairs excuses...

Genesis 3:21 NASB
The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.

Back