...Slapped me right off my chair.

Ya’ll know how some days…. a scripture that you’ve probably read a thousand times …jumps out and slaps you in the face.....(that would be a figure of speech).

This morning as I affectionately embraced my double shot venti …thanking God for the intense labor of Juan Valdez who carefully selected those beans, so I could kick start my day…. Romans 8:11 slapped me right off my chair.

8:11 But if the Spirit of (from) Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken (give life to) your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I realize the overall context of this verse is the impartation of spiritual life. But with the spirit of God filling every fiber of our being, we are the Jesus Christs' here on earth…… How big is that? The spirit that we have…the one that dwells in us, is the same that raised Jesus from the dead.

…the spirit is life because of righteousness ……..Righteousness = the ability to walk without any sense of sin, guilt, or condemnation. Our spiritual walk…. the walk in resurrection perfection is based on our accepting and believing what we have. Everything that Christ was ….we have. Yet somehow we find it easier to accept what the world offers ….fear (bondage), condemnation, and sin consciousness, (which is walking in the flesh and leaves us powerless) than to accept the reality of who we are as sons & daughter of the most high with Christ in us ability.....Jhn 14:12 … the works that I do shall he do also…

If I open a new account for you, in your name… with a million dollars….but I don’t tell you ….you can’t tap into it……. It’s there, it’s available, but until you are made aware of it you can’t tap it. ..........Well Jesus Christ opened the account in your name …lets tap that spiritual account. ....and embrace the truth of who we really are...and ignore what the world tries to fashion us into ....We are not broken cisterns (Jer 2:13)...we are the lights of this crooked and perverse nation and our cisterns are full ...it's Christ in you...tap it!

.it's Christ in you...tap it!
Good article but maybe the 'double shot venti' of Juan Valdez wore off by the time you reached the end. lol;
It's hard for me to view Jesus or the Holy Spirit as a power source to tap into, but rather Persons of the Trinity who 'taps' into us. (forgive my nit pickiness, but that's just me).

Ya’ll know how some days…. a scripture that you’ve probably read a thousand times …jumps out and slaps you in the face.....(that would be a figure of speech).

This morning as I affectionately embraced my double shot venti …thanking God for the intense labor of Juan Valdez who carefully selected those beans, so I could kick start my day…. Romans 8:11 slapped me right off my chair.

8:11 But if the Spirit of (from) Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken (give life to) your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I realize the overall context of this verse is the impartation of spiritual life. But with the spirit of God filling every fiber of our being, we are the Jesus Christs' here on earth…… How big is that? The spirit that we have…the one that dwells in us, is the same that raised Jesus from the dead.

…the spirit is life because of righteousness ……..Righteousness = the ability to walk without any sense of sin, guilt, or condemnation. Our spiritual walk…. the walk in resurrection perfection is based on our accepting and believing what we have. Everything that Christ was ….we have. Yet somehow we find it easier to accept what the world offers ….fear (bondage), condemnation, and sin consciousness, (which is walking in the flesh and leaves us powerless) than to accept the reality of who we are as sons & daughter of the most high with Christ in us ability.....Jhn 14:12 … the works that I do shall he do also…

If I open a new account for you, in your name… with a million dollars….but I don’t tell you ….you can’t tap into it……. It’s there, it’s available, but until you are made aware of it you can’t tap it. ..........Well Jesus Christ opened the account in your name …lets tap that spiritual account. ....and embrace the truth of who we really are...and ignore what the world tries to fashion us into ....We are not broken cisterns (Jer 2:13)...we are the lights of this crooked and perverse nation and our cisterns are full ...it's Christ in you...tap it!

Good points sandman and I agree with you.

I would point out to you that the reason why we have .........."Sin consciousness" is because we are saved sinners and the sin nature never goes away. It is with us until the Gathering Away or death.

That is the reason why......even though we are born again we still sin.

That my brother is the beauty of God's Grace. He knew that even though we loved Him and we wanted to do everything He wants us to do, we would still fall in sin. That is why we are forgiven our sins of yesterday...today ....and tomorrow because we can not help ourselves.

Romans 7:19-22........
"For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law;".

Ya’ll know how some days…. a scripture that you’ve probably read a thousand times …jumps out and slaps you in the face.....(that would be a figure of speech). This morning as I affectionately embraced my double shot venti …thanking God for the intense labor of Juan Valdez who carefully selected those beans, so I could kick start my day…. Romans 8:11 slapped me right off my chair. 8:11 But if the Spirit of (from) Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken (give life to) your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.
I realize the overall context of this verse is the impartation of spiritual life. But with the spirit of God filling every fiber of our being, we are the Jesus Christs' here on earth…… How big is that? The spirit that we have…the one that dwells in us, is the same that raised Jesus from the dead.…the spirit is life because of righteousness ……..Righteousness = the ability to walk without any sense of sin, guilt, or condemnation. Our spiritual walk…. the walk in resurrection perfection is based on our accepting and believing what we have. Everything that Christ was ….we have. Yet somehow we find it easier to accept what the world offers ….fear (bondage), condemnation, and sin consciousness, (which is walking in the flesh and leaves us powerless) than to accept the reality of who we are as sons & daughter of the most high with Christ in us ability.....Jhn 14:12 … the works that I do shall he do also…If I open a new account for you, in your name… with a million dollars….but I don’t tell you ….you can’t tap into it……. It’s there, it’s available, but until you are made aware of it you can’t tap it. ..........Well Jesus Christ opened the account in your name …lets tap that spiritual account. ....and embrace the truth of who we really are...and ignore what the world tries to fashion us into ....We are not broken cisterns (Jer 2:13)...we are the lights of this crooked and perverse nation and our cisterns are full ...it's Christ in you...tap it!

Good points sandman and I agree with you.

I would point out to you that the reason why we have .........."Sin consciousness" is because we are saved sinners and the sin nature never goes away. It is with us until the Gathering Away or death. That is the reason why......even though we are born again we still sin. That my brother is the beauty of God's Grace. He knew that even though we loved Him and we wanted to do everything He wants us to do, we would still fall in sin. That is why we are forgiven our sins of yesterday...today ....and tomorrow because we can not help ourselves. Romans 7:19-22........
"For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law;".

Hello Sandman;

Romans 8:11
is reassuring for us who believe in Him because we are promised eternal life. For me, when I ponder at the magnificence of our One and Only True God, would offer me, (who am I?) this promise. That alone is reassuring.

Then when I read your thoughts of reflecting on this Scripture, or another, I really appreciate learning how others receive the same Scripture "slapped me off my chair!" opens my understanding of what the Scripture is saying to others.

As Major was sharing the beauty of God's Grace, what we share with each other helps us to teach others who struggle with Scriptures like Romans 8:11 or Romans 7:19-22, I desire to do good but evil is right there with me. But God is still there working in each of us to rely more on His strength "Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Thank you for sharing, Sandman, As I have learned something new today, it's important we also teach this to others who love God but struggle with grasping His promises through His Word.

What hold on...
You would open an account for me..and NOT tell me there was a million dollars in it...or would you open an account for me and not tell me I could use it.
I'm a bit confused. Why would you do this??

What hold on...
You would open an account for me..and NOT tell me there was a million dollars in it...or would you open an account for me and not tell me I could use it.

Not sure or what you are responding to. :confused: ????

What hold on...
I was illustrating a point using an allegory ...I probably should have clarified that.

What hold on...

I was illustrating a point using an allegory ...I probably should have clarified that.

Forget the illustrated story, just give me the million bucks and I promise I will give a portion to good! lol! 😎

Back