Small Scriptural Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I came across an interesting fact this morning, and did not know where to put it on the forum, so have started this thread for the small things that promote the posters interest or bring joy or wonder.

My 'fact', was found in a book I have on figures of speech found in Scripture, which was in reference to the repeated words, 'Simon, Simon', found in Luke 22:31:-

'And the Lord said,
"Simon, Simon,
behold, Satan hath desired to have you,
that he may sift you as wheat:
But I have prayed for thee,
that thy faith fail not:
and when thou art converted,
strengthen thy brethren.'

(Luke 22:31)

The figure of Speech is merely that of duplication (the repetition of the same word in the same sense), it is done for emphasis, so that note will be taken of it's context. In relation to Luke 22:31, the comment regarding the use of the word, 'Simon, Simon', pointed out that whereas Satan 'sifts' to get rid of the wheat! Christ 'fans' to get rid of the chaff (Matt. 3:12).

'I indeed baptize you
with water unto repentance:
but He that cometh after me is mightier than I,
Whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost,
and with fire:
Whose fan is in His hand,
and He will throughly purge His floor,
and gather His wheat into the garner;
but He will burn up the chaff
with unquenchable fire.'

(Mat 3:12)

I hope that you will find this of interest as I did.
smiley.png

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi there,

I came across an interesting fact this morning, and did not know where to put it on the forum, so have started this thread for the small things that promote the posters interest or bring joy or wonder.

My 'fact', was found in a book I have on figures of speech found in Scripture, which was in reference to the repeated words, 'Simon, Simon', found in Luke 22:31:-

'And the Lord said,
"Simon, Simon,
behold, Satan hath desired to have you,
that he may sift you as wheat:
But I have prayed for thee,
that thy faith fail not:
and when thou art converted,
strengthen thy brethren.'

(Luke 22:31)

The figure of Speech is merely that of duplication (the repetition of the same word in the same sense), it is done for emphasis, so that note will be taken of it's context. In relation to Luke 22:31, the comment regarding the use of the word, 'Simon, Simon', pointed out that whereas Satan 'sifts' to get rid of the wheat! Christ 'fans' to get rid of the chaff (Matt. 3:12).

'I indeed baptize you
with water unto repentance:
but He that cometh after me is mightier than I,
Whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost,
and with fire:
Whose fan is in His hand,
and He will throughly purge His floor,
and gather His wheat into the garner;
but He will burn up the chaff
with unquenchable fire.'

(Mat 3:12)

I hope that you will find this of interest as I did.
smiley.png

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I loved it, thank you for sharing, something for me to meditate on, so deep.

This first happened in

Genesis 2:17 (AHRC-RMT)
and from the tree of the discernment of function and dysfunction you will not eat from him given that in the day you eat from him a dying you will die,
Genesis 2:17 (AHRC-MT)
and~from~Tree the~Discernment Functional and~Dysfunctional Not you(ms)~will~Eat From~him Given.that in~Day you(ms)~>~Eat From~him >~Die you(ms)~will~Die​

Genesis 2:17 (KJV)
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back