Some symbolism in the 1947 Movie; "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir"

In some movies, if you pay attention and have an open mind, you might see some symbolism or comparisons in the movie plot, the characters, with our LORD and Savior, and how HE intervenes in our lives.

In the movie, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" I could see some symbolism that compares with "God caring for our needs." I don't know, maybe you might see the same things.

THE PLOT: In the year 1900, a widow, Mrs. Muir, moves to a cottage by the sea, in the UK with her servant lady and daughter, Anna. It used to be owned by a Sea Captain who died years ago. Now, his ghost haunts the house. Mrs. Muir (Lucy) is not afraid of the ghost. They become friends. The Captain helps her write a novel to eventually buy the house with the proceeds and royalties. But there are always villains in the movie. The "in-laws" and "Uncle Neddy."

The Capt. is always there with Mrs. Muir, and he gives some comfort. One day, he goes away yet returns decades later to receive the now "elderly" Mrs. Muir as she "gives up the ghost" sort of saying.

How is this plot similar to how our LORD and Savior relate to us? Just as the ghost of the Capt reveals himself and cares for "Lucy" (luccia) as he calls her, so our heavenly father reveals himself to us through his WORD and through his "Holy Ghost." We are comforted by His presence and long to see HIM some distant day. He provides for our needs and we serve HIM through the gifts of the Holy Spirit. There are quite a few "Christian writers" out there. I am one of them. Perhaps we have not written anything like "Blood and Swash" but hopefully, we will have written some God-honoring literature.

In our lives, we will encounter the "Uncle Neddies" and perhaps "harsh inlaws" or other difficult people, yet the LORD is always near, though not seen. He is always watching us, as we grow older, sons and daughters grow up and marry, and we grow old as well.

Yet there will come a day when we will leave our physical bodies, whether on a sofa, an easy chair, or in bed, and the LORD will come for us, perhaps through an angel, and HE will take us to where HE is. We will leave all behind, the house, the car, the furniture. We will have much more in Heaven.

I hope it's OK, to share the movie, just in case you have not seen it. It is free, through "Archives". (no announcements, no commercials,)

In some movies, if you pay attention and have an open mind, you might see some symbolism or comparisons in the movie plot, the characters, with our LORD and Savior, and how HE intervenes in our lives.

In the movie, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" I could see some symbolism that compares with "God caring for our needs." I don't know, maybe you might see the same things.

THE PLOT: In the year 1900, a widow, Mrs. Muir, moves to a cottage by the sea, in the UK with her servant lady and daughter, Anna. It used to be owned by a Sea Captain who died years ago. Now, his ghost haunts the house. Mrs. Muir (Lucy) is not afraid of the ghost. They become friends. The Captain helps her write a novel to eventually buy the house with the proceeds and royalties. But there are always villains in the movie. The "in-laws" and "Uncle Neddy."

The Capt. is always there with Mrs. Muir, and he gives some comfort. One day, he goes away yet returns decades later to receive the now "elderly" Mrs. Muir as she "gives up the ghost" sort of saying.

How is this plot similar to how our LORD and Savior relate to us? Just as the ghost of the Capt reveals himself and cares for "Lucy" (luccia) as he calls her, so our heavenly father reveals himself to us through his WORD and through his "Holy Ghost." We are comforted by His presence and long to see HIM some distant day. He provides for our needs and we serve HIM through the gifts of the Holy Spirit. There are quite a few "Christian writers" out there. I am one of them. Perhaps we have not written anything like "Blood and Swash" but hopefully, we will have written some God-honoring literature.

In our lives, we will encounter the "Uncle Neddies" and perhaps "harsh inlaws" or other difficult people, yet the LORD is always near, though not seen. He is always watching us, as we grow older, sons and daughters grow up and marry, and we grow old as well.

Yet there will come a day when we will leave our physical bodies, whether on a sofa, an easy chair, or in bed, and the LORD will come for us, perhaps through an angel, and HE will take us to where HE is. We will leave all behind, the house, the car, the furniture. We will have much more in Heaven.

I hope it's OK, to share the movie, just in case you have not seen it. It is free, through "Archives". (no announcements, no commercials,)

The movie very much touching along with the many great actors they had back than. I find not only deeply spiritual but also deeply romantic too ❤️ yes through all our trials and tribulations the Captain of our Faith is always there through life to comfort us in all things. And when life does draw to a close and we finally fall asleep. Our captain and his ship does await to bring us to the final celestial journey to a new heavens and a new earth when we awaken. IMG_1279.jpeg

Back