song error, wraps himself in light

The splendor of a King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice
He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice
Trembles at His voice How great is our God, sing with me

I stop singing at this line because Psalm 18:11 says
He made darkness His hiding place, His canopy around Him, Darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies. 12From the brightness before Him passed His thick clouds, Hailstones and coals of fire.…

artistic creativity, if it sounds good get it wrong...
bit like willie nelson saying God turned stones to bread, get it right. [no stones were ever turned to bread]

Interesting. I always felt a bit uncomfortable singing this song as satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Isn't that from Psalm 104:2?
You are correct:

from an interview with Chris Tomlin: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=26457

In our interview with Chris Tomlin, he told us about writing this song. Said Tomlin: "I wrote that song when I was living in Austin, Texas. I remember sitting on my sofa in my little apartment. And Psalm 104 was the psalm I was looking at. It said, 'You our lord are very great. You're clothed with splendor and majesty, wrap yourself with light as with a garment' – through those opening verses and just describing a little bit of God, the glory of majesty, that little chorus came out. I started singing the chorus and, man, I had no idea, I thought the chorus was just a little simple thing and it was. And I had no idea it would become such a song in the church, and a song that finds its way in so many different cultures, different languages. It's so transferrable, so accessible. I had no idea that it would ever become that.

Now am confused about this song.
Devils do tremble at His voice.
He is THE king, not a King.
How great is our God. yes he is great. But what is the song referring to, Father, spirit, son...all three together?

Jesus Christ, the son of God
Holy Spirit
Heavenly Father..

the elohim? Sometimes feel like we dont need to sing this..He is Great, we already know. I dont know. Its catchy. I give it that.
Of course he is the name above all names..Jesus, we know this. He dont need an ego trip. Praise the Lord for he doeth wonderful things. he is mighty. He is mighty.

Maybe I just being overly critical, its just a simple praise song, but I prefer Jesus loves me.

I love that praise song! The scripture says God is light! and I John 1:5 tells us that in him there is no darkness at all. But since he created everything he is able to use his clouds and the darkness to accomplish his purpose. They are his clouds!

Oh true.

God is light. In him there is no darkness at all. There is no shadow of his turning.

But not sure about the wrapping himself in light..God IS light, he doesnt need to wrap himself in light. IM just a bit confused about this song as satan does disguise himslef as an angel of light and was clothed in splendour and majesty before he fell.

Also..how great is our god..its not the same as saying How great thou art.

I dont know. Something a bit off about it. why cant we sing how great is our Lord Jesus?

Satan is the god of this world and always wants to steal worship meant for God Almighty.

Just have an issue with that lyric I guess, the rest of the song seems fine, but why I feel uncomfortable singing those words? Darkness tries to hide..wrapped in light?
Darkness disappears and flees when the light is turned on, it does not hide, its got nowhere to go.

Yeh that out of the ashes we rise lyric too..i cant sing that. I know its wrong. Phoenix rises from ashes.
Jesus body was broken but he wasnt burned. Cremation is not for believers. Hell is burning for unbelievers. They not going to rise again, only at the resurrection for the damned.

Also why does it repeat the lion and the lamb twice?

Im scratching my head over this song. Maybe theres some metaphors and scripture refs Im not getting.
Maybe because that's how they lyrics worked.

We don't need to keep looking for hidden meaning in every song.

Just makes no sense really.
Prefer hymns anyway..at least they are clear and say exactly what they mean.
Dont have to try and figure it out. Masons are very deceptive, they will pose as christian but the god they worship is lucifer.

Lucifer appears as light but is not really, he comes out of darkness.

Just makes no sense really.
Prefer hymns anyway..at least they are clear and say exactly what they mean.
Dont have to try and figure it out. Masons are very deceptive, they will pose as christian but the god they worship is lucifer.

Lucifer appears as light but is not really, he comes out of darkness.
Lucifer is confined in darkness. He perished from the light a long time ago.

Yeh but always trying to appear as light, from below.
I would stay away from any CCM music, particularly chris tomlin and much of hillsong.

Dont need them anyway. Ive noticed it does work up people into an ungodly frenzy, especially so called worship leaders...leading people on, sad to say.

Dont need them anyway. Ive noticed it does work up people into an ungodly frenzy, especially so called worship leaders...leading people on, sad to say.
Agreed.
2Co 11:13. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
2Co 11:15. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Back