Sound The Trumpets

Verse of the day
Romans 12:10

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

Amen! Lord, help me to love others more like You. I pray that I will display genuine affection and take delight in honoring others.

'And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. '

Revelation 8:1-6

https://my.bible.com/bible/1/REV.8.1-6

When the seventh seal is opened, there is silence in heaven for a half an hour. According to the “Enduring Word” commentary, this silence could be some breathing space for the angels or it could be an awestruck silence at the impending judgements. The seven angels stood before God who gave them each a trumpet to announce that the time has come. Another angel had a censer and some incense and offered it up along with all the prayers of the saints as an offering to God. When hurled to the earth, there was thunder, lightning, and an earthquake. Wow!! The power of our prayers!! And then this is when the seven trumpets begin to sound one at a time. Each sounding of a trumpet brought a different judgement. This all was gradual, which shows how patient God is, giving others plenty of time to repent.

'Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them. The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up. The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter. The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night. As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!”'

Revelation 8:6-13

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.8.6-13

The sounding of the first trumpet will bring hail and fire mixed with blood which will lead to a third of the earth, trees, and green grass being burned up. I believe this is a literal natural disaster that is to come forth as the first judgement from God and it is mixed with blood so that we will know for sure that this is the end time judgement. God will bring several different judgements rather than to just destroy the earth all at once, because He is a patient God and is giving people more and more opportunities to repent and turn to Him so that they may receive His abundant mercy and grace.

The sounding of the second trumpet will result in a huge mountain all ablaze to be thrown into the sea, causing a third of the sea to be turned to blood, a third of the living creatures to die, and a third of the ships to be destroyed. The “Enduring Word” commentary explains that some people take this judgement as symbolic of a nation to be judged as mountains are often used to symbolize government and nations. However, noone has been able to make any sense of that theory, so they have settled with the theory that it will be some literal mass of land with something like a meteor or asteroid falling into the sea and bringing ecological disaster. However interesting these theories sound, noone really knows for sure. If we are around when it happens, however, we will fully know and not have to guess what is going on.

At the sounding of the trumpet from the third angel, a great star (wormwood) blazing like a torch will fall from the sky on a third of rivers and springs of water, turning a third of the waters bitter, killing many people. Some people associate this with a comet or meteor bringing ecological disaster, but only God really knows.

The sounding of the forth trumpet by the forth angel will result in a third of the sun, moon, and stars being struck and causing darkness over the land.

I was curious about the significance of the numerical amount of “one-third”, so I looked it up. The only thing I could find on this is that in the beginning of all this, it started with “one- forth” and then the closer you get to the end, the portion to be destroyed increases. This is just symbolic of God’s patience in giving people plenty of time to repent, but the closer we get to the end, the less mercy we will see. Then comes a point where there will be no more chances and the remaining will be completely destroyed.

I was curious about the significance of the numerical amount of “one-third”, so I looked it up. The only thing I could find on this is that in the beginning of all this, it started with “one- forth” and then the closer you get to the end, the portion to be destroyed increases. This is just symbolic of God’s patience in giving people plenty of time to repent, but the closer we get to the end, the less mercy we will see. Then comes a point where there will be no more chances and the remaining will be completely destroyed.

Hello Lovekr07;

Revelation 8 points to God's structural order and ultimate result;

Jesus' purpose for the cross was to save the world for all those who believe and at death will receive God's judgment of eternal life. For those who weren't followers of Christ at death will receive God's judgment of hell, they will die when they die, forever. God makes a clear distinction of this; the cross identifies heaven and hell are final destinations. It's at this point that God's lifetime patience for all of us ends on this Earth.

God bless you and thank you for sharing.

Bob

Jesus' purpose for the cross was to save the world for all those who believe and at death will receive God's judgment of eternal life. For those who weren't followers of Christ at death will receive God's judgment of hell, they will die when they die, forever. God makes a clear distinction of this; the cross identifies heaven and hell are final destinations. It's at this point that God's lifetime patience for all of us ends on this Earth.
It is so refreshing to the soul to hear SOUND DOCTRINE. This comforts me... it encourages me and I am so very grateful to have found this place. I don't comment much on posts... I find the topics are usually way over my head but I love hearing you speak and Major because you both have the gift of explaining things in such a way where my little brain can understand.

Hello Lovekr07;

Revelation 8 points to God's structural order and ultimate result;

God bless you and thank you for sharing.

Bob
Excellent observation.

Verse of the day

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

Amen! Lord, help me to love others more like You. I pray that I will display genuine affection and take delight in honoring others.

'And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. '

Revelation 8:1-6

https://my.bible.com/bible/1/REV.8.1-6

When the seventh seal is opened, there is silence in heaven for a half an hour. According to the “Enduring Word” commentary, this silence could be some breathing space for the angels or it could be an awestruck silence at the impending judgements. The seven angels stood before God who gave them each a trumpet to announce that the time has come. Another angel had a censer and some incense and offered it up along with all the prayers of the saints as an offering to God. When hurled to the earth, there was thunder, lightning, and an earthquake. Wow!! The power of our prayers!! And then this is when the seven trumpets begin to sound one at a time. Each sounding of a trumpet brought a different judgement. This all was gradual, which shows how patient God is, giving others plenty of time to repent.

'Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them. The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up. The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter. The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night. As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!”'

Revelation 8:6-13

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.8.6-13

The sounding of the first trumpet will bring hail and fire mixed with blood which will lead to a third of the earth, trees, and green grass being burned up. I believe this is a literal natural disaster that is to come forth as the first judgement from God and it is mixed with blood so that we will know for sure that this is the end time judgement. God will bring several different judgements rather than to just destroy the earth all at once, because He is a patient God and is giving people more and more opportunities to repent and turn to Him so that they may receive His abundant mercy and grace.

The sounding of the second trumpet will result in a huge mountain all ablaze to be thrown into the sea, causing a third of the sea to be turned to blood, a third of the living creatures to die, and a third of the ships to be destroyed. The “Enduring Word” commentary explains that some people take this judgement as symbolic of a nation to be judged as mountains are often used to symbolize government and nations. However, noone has been able to make any sense of that theory, so they have settled with the theory that it will be some literal mass of land with something like a meteor or asteroid falling into the sea and bringing ecological disaster. However interesting these theories sound, noone really knows for sure. If we are around when it happens, however, we will fully know and not have to guess what is going on.

At the sounding of the trumpet from the third angel, a great star (wormwood) blazing like a torch will fall from the sky on a third of rivers and springs of water, turning a third of the waters bitter, killing many people. Some people associate this with a comet or meteor bringing ecological disaster, but only God really knows.

The sounding of the forth trumpet by the forth angel will result in a third of the sun, moon, and stars being struck and causing darkness over the land.

I would like to call your attention to the "REVELATION" study here on the site. I did that about 2 years ago and in that word for word study many of your questions are addressed.

Now then, may I say to you that every number in the Bible is significant.
Why is one third used thirteen times, from Revelation 8:7 to 9:18, to delineate God's punishment on man? The answer is found in the fourteenth and last time this fraction is used in the book. Note that fourteen, which is twice the spiritually perfect number 7, in this case likely represents a perfect and complete revealing of God's righteous judgment.

Revelation 12:4......
"And his tail (of a great red dragon representing the devil, verse 3) swept away a third of the stars of heaven (formerly righteous angels), and cast them to the earth (which Jesus witnessed, Luke 10:18)".

Lucifer, after he rebelled against God, deceived one third of all angelic beings into believing the same lies he possessed. The deceptions he promulgated brought chaos and spiritual misery to the angels (now demons) who identify him, not the Eternal, as their leader.

God will soon physically punish humans in thirds in the hope they will choose to repent and avoid the same spiritual condemnation as 1/3 of the angels. A never-before or after level of trials and troubles (Matthew 24:21) must be brought upon man in order to get his attention, since he will possess a uniquely hard and unrepentant heart in the End Time (Revelation 9:6, 20 - 21).

"One-Third" denotes the wide extent of the judgment of God. It does not mean 1/4 or 1/2 but literally 1/3 just as it is recorded.

The judgments here are just as literal as were those in Egypt were literal in Exodus 9. I personally do not believe that the similarities in the Rev. compared to those in Exodus are not accidental.

"One-Third" denotes the wide extent of the judgment of God. It does not mean 1/4 or 1/2 but literally 1/3 just as it is recorded. The judgments here are just as literal as were those in Egypt were literal in Exodus 9. I personally do not believe that the similarities in the Rev. compared to those in Exodus are not accidental.

Good morning, Major;

Good post. What are your thoughts when we speak of literal judgments? I feel this is good in our study. There can be too much critique on literary context but this is just as important as the historical, personal or other forms of context, for example Revelation, Ezekiel, Daniel, and other Books of the Bible, etc...

God bless you, brother.

Bob

Good morning, Major;

Good post. What are your thoughts when we speak of literal judgments? I feel this is good in our study. There can be too much critique on literary context but this is just as important as the historical, personal or other forms of context, for example Revelation, Ezekiel, Daniel, and other Books of the Bible, etc...

God bless you, brother.

Bob
Thank you.

For sure, all prophecy about the last Days is written in apocalyptic style and is therefore symbolic by nature.

However, there are various techniques used in apocalyptic writing, each with its own ‘saturation level’ of symbolism.

Then when the literal is presented then it is to be understood as literal.

For example, 144 Thousand from each tribe of Jews means 144 Thousand from each tribe of Jews. That is literal.

Here is an example of a highly symbolic scene:
Rev. 13:1 – 2 .......
"The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority."

This passage leads to the following sorts of questions:

What (or whom) does the dragon represent?
In this case, the answer is found directly from the text in the previous chapter:

Rev. 12:9a........
"
The great dragon was hurled down – that ancient snake called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray."

Is the sea significant? What does it represent, if anything?

Chapter 13’s scene forms part of a series of visions contained in the so-called ‘little scroll’ which John is given:

Rev. 10:10 – 11.........
"
I took the little scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it... Then I was told, ‘You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings."

The vision of the prostitute sitting near many waters is in the same little scroll, and concerning these waters, the angel speaking to John says in Rev. 17:15b .........
"‘The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages…’".

So it would not be unreasonable to say that the sea (or waters) where the dragon stood in chapter 13 represents many nations, as does therefore the Danielesque ‘multi-beast’ which comes out of the sea. Likewise, it would not be unreasonable to see the 7-horned beast of chapter 13 as being synonymous with the 7-horned beast of chapter 17, given the proximity of the two visions.

What are the main ideas being communicated by this symbolic vision?
The answer is found at the end of the first part of the vision of Rev 13:9 – 10 ........
"Whoever has ears, let them hear. ‘If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity they will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword they will be killed.’ This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people."

‘Mythic realistic’ writing, on the other hand, looks more like this in Rev. 4: 2 – 3 ......
"At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne."

I would like to call your attention to the "REVELATION" study here on the site. I did that about 2 years ago and in that word for word study many of your questions are addressed.

Now then, may I say to you that every number in the Bible is significant.
Why is one third used thirteen times, from Revelation 8:7 to 9:18, to delineate God's punishment on man? The answer is found in the fourteenth and last time this fraction is used in the book. Note that fourteen, which is twice the spiritually perfect number 7, in this case likely represents a perfect and complete revealing of God's righteous judgment.

Revelation 12:4......
"And his tail (of a great red dragon representing the devil, verse 3) swept away a third of the stars of heaven (formerly righteous angels), and cast them to the earth (which Jesus witnessed, Luke 10:18)".

Lucifer, after he rebelled against God, deceived one third of all angelic beings into believing the same lies he possessed. The deceptions he promulgated brought chaos and spiritual misery to the angels (now demons) who identify him, not the Eternal, as their leader.

God will soon physically punish humans in thirds in the hope they will choose to repent and avoid the same spiritual condemnation as 1/3 of the angels. A never-before or after level of trials and troubles (Matthew 24:21) must be brought upon man in order to get his attention, since he will possess a uniquely hard and unrepentant heart in the End Time (Revelation 9:6, 20 - 21).

"One-Third" denotes the wide extent of the judgment of God. It does not mean 1/4 or 1/2 but literally 1/3 just as it is recorded.

The judgments here are just as literal as were those in Egypt were literal in Exodus 9. I personally do not believe that the similarities in the Rev. compared to those in Exodus are not accidental.
That is interesting. Thank you so much for sharing that!

That is interesting. Thank you so much for sharing that!
It is what I do and you are welcome!

Many years ago I did a study and produced a book on Biblical Numbers. NOT numerology but what every number represented in the Bible.
It is astounding to learn this as it opens the door to the spiritual meaning of why there are numbers in the Bible.

Many years ago I did a study and produced a book on Biblical Numbers. NOT numerology but what every number represented in the Bible.
It is astounding to learn this as it opens the door to the spiritual meaning of why there are numbers in the Bible.
It literally blows my mind to think about how complex everything is... biblical numbers... all the galaxies... the gravity that keeps it all together... the timing of everything... How BRILLIANT and PERFECT our God is!!!

It literally blows my mind to think about how complex everything is... biblical numbers... all the galaxies... the gravity that keeps it all together... the timing of everything... How BRILLIANT and PERFECT our God is!!!

Allow me to share something with you that I leaned a long time ago.

John 1:1-4......
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Now IF and when we take the Word of God as it is written to men, what this Scripture says is that Jesus Christ was the agent (Person) who is God and was allways God and He made the worlds and sustains it.

Now, 1st His humanity.......sit down and contemplate this fact.
When the baby Jesus was lieing in a manger with a dirty diaper, He kept all the stars, the Sun and the Moon in perfect orbit, just like the 1st day He spoke the Word and created them.

Second, His Grace......That same Jesus, when bleeding and dieing on the cross of Calvery, HAD YOU ON HIS MIND and when He said,
"It is finished".........meant that YOU would be able to go to heaven when you die because your faith in Him made you a child of God!!!!

Glory to God! Amen and Amen!

Second, His Grace......That same Jesus, when bleeding and dieing on the cross of Calvery, HAD YOU ON HIS MIND and when He said,
"It is finished".........meant that YOU would be able to go to heaven when you die because your faith in Him made you a child of God!!!!

Glory to God! Amen and Amen!
YES.... YES and AMEN.

Allow me to share something with you that I leaned a long time ago. John 1:1-4......"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
Now IF and when we take the Word of God as it is written to men, what this Scripture says is that Jesus Christ was the agent (Person) who is God and was allways God and He made the worlds and sustains it. Now, 1st His humanity.......sit down and contemplate this fact. When the baby Jesus was lieing in a manger with a dirty diaper, He kept all the stars, the Sun and the Moon in perfect orbit, just like the 1st day He spoke the Word and created them. Second, His Grace......That same Jesus, when bleeding and dieing on the cross of Calvery, HAD YOU ON HIS MIND and when He said,
"It is finished".........meant that YOU would be able to go to heaven when you die because your faith in Him made you a child of God!!!! Glory to God! Amen and Amen!

Hello Major;

Very well said! Thank you for explaining the first and second points.

🎺 🎺 🎺 🎺 Sound the trumpets! 🎺 🎺 🎺 🎺

God bless you, my brother.

Back